Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanksgiving, Ohio St-Michigan, Browns-Bengals
There is some OHIO FOOTBALL Thanksgiving Weekend. As it has been over the 100 some years, you throw out the records and season stats when Ohio State plays Michigan. Over the years the top rated team has lost, maybe giving the other team extra motivation. Home Field advantage has helped many times, but it's not a constant. It does help to have the large home crowd. As a Buckeye Fan, I have a feeling Michigan is all set to get a much needed win in Ann Arbor with Coach Harbaugh, but I'm hoping Buckeyes win up North. You throw out all the stats when these two play, and it comes down to the flow of the game, fumbles, turnovers and the momentum shifts.. ...Bengals Fans on here hoping to win The Battle For Ohio and then hoping to beat Steelers and climb to 6-6 on season and keep play-off miracle hopes alive. Of course they have to beat Cleveland or it's all out the window. Browns might see Bengals as a chance to get their first win. Bengals do have one of the better defenses in the NFL, so if they could just block a little and score some points, who knows. ......So there is OHIO FOOTBALL with those Thanksgiving leftovers of Turkey and pies as people might send out for pizza as leftovers run out.

PAUL BROWN led Ohio State to a WIN in THE GAME in 1942 over Michigan and AP National Championship. Ohio State was NOT in the Rose Bowl, now was the Rose Bowl played in California. Due to the attack on Pearl Harbor the Rose Bowl was moved to North Carolina that year. After beating Michigan 21-7, Ohio State played a Military Team Iowa Pre-Flight. A team off College All-Stars coached by a college championship coach. It was a pre flight training school to get people ready for fighting in the South Pacific in World War II. This group of College All-Stars now in the Military were 7-1 on the season and favored to beat Ohio State, but Ohio State won. PAUL BROWN was commissioned as a lieutenant in the Navy and he then coached The Great Lakes Bluejackets Military team during World War II. After the war Paul Brown didn't return to Ohio State. He became a head coach in a new Pro Football League called the AAFC or All American Football Conference. The name of his AAFC team he called The Cleveland Browns in 1945 . From 1946 to 1949 The Cleveland Browns dominated the AAFC but that domination lost fan interest in the other teams. Paul Brown took his Cleveland Browns into the NFL where the Rams had left Cleveland for Los Angeles. Cleveland dominated in the NFL as well and beat the Rams in the NFL Championship that first year. Paul Brown would take Cleveland to 7 NFL Championships, today called Super Bowls, and they won 3 of them. He became owner and coach of Bengals in the AFL before they also moved to the NFL and again he had success his first NFL year beating the Browns, Steelers and Oilers to win the AFC Central. As an owner he saw his team in 2 NFL Championship Super Bowls. So as a high school coach he won 6 State Championships and 4 National Championships. At Ohio State won a National Championship. With Cleveland Browns won 4 AAFC Championships. Took Browns to 7 NFL Championships winning 3 times and also started Cincinnati Bengals and as owner saw them in 2 NFL Championships renamed Super Bowl. ....It's only fitting then in a week Ohio State plays Michigan and Cleveland plays Cincinnati over Thanksgiving Weekend to mention Ohio State, Cleveland Brown, Cincinnati Bengal Legend PAUL BROWN.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Paul Brown is a legend. Period.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can't wait !

Thanksgiving football, Buckeyes vs. Team up North, Bengals vs. Browns, gonna be great.

Browns game scares me to be honest.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 01:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Can't wait !

Thanksgiving football, Buckeyes vs. Team up North, Bengals vs. Browns, gonna be great.

I think I’m going to that one!
Reply/Quote
I hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving Day and leads to a good weekend. NOW bring on THE GAME. Ohio State at Michigan.....and Sunday Battle For Ohio, and those who hope this is followed by a win over Steelers and play-offs. Going into the Steelers game with a chance to get to 6-6 in a wide open AFC would make it better than crawling in 4-7 after giving Browns their first win. WE HAVE SOME FOOTBALL THANKSGIVING WEEKEND.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I've got an extra game going on tonight. My high school, the Tri Valley Scotties, are playing in the state semi finals for the first time in school history.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 02:38 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: I've got an extra game going on tonight. My high school, the Tri Valley Scotties, are playing in the state semi finals for the first time in school history.

Their opponent is no doubt shared shitless.

[Image: 600px-0Scottish_Terrier.jpg]

Smirk   J/k.  Good luck to your team tonight.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 01:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Can't wait !

makes me nervous cause they are gonna win a game at some point...  (maybe someone gives them a Christmas gift)

But on the flip side I think we are the only team that has blown them out this year..  (at least it hasn't happened very often this season to them they are generally close come the end of the game)
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 06:49 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Their opponent is no doubt shared shitless.

[Image: 600px-0Scottish_Terrier.jpg]

Smirk   J/k.  Good luck to your team tonight.  
They won 24-6. They face Trotwood-Madison next Saturday for the Division III title.
Reply/Quote
My Cards playing them Cats will be a bonus for me.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Two of three have been successful so far. Let's complete the holiday today!
Reply/Quote