Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football gods answered my prayers there.
Willis in the 3rd round.Unbelievable!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:14 PM)Striped4war Wrote: Willis in the 3rd round.Unbelievable!

You aint Lying. 
 Our offense is scary
Willis starts Day 1 IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:29 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: You aint Lying. 
 Our offense is scary
Willis starts Day 1 IMO.

Even if he deserves to we both know Marvin want start him over MJ.Look how long we had to put up with Geathers and Peko.Hes to loyal to guys and that's fine if there getting it done but locker room rules Marvins starters.Always has and always will.I am very pumped for Willis though.Hes gonna be special for us.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:14 PM)Striped4war Wrote: Willis in the 3rd round.Unbelievable!

I saw a few post where ppl were wanting Willis for our 2nd rd pick....I replied, I doubt he'd be there as I've seen him mocked to go off the board late in rd #1 in several mocks........
 I then said I wanted Mixon in rd #2....

WOW.....we get BOTH Mixon & Willis AND  an extra 4th rd pick on top of that....

GREAT  job by our war room....  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 02:04 PM)Steve Wrote: GREAT  job by our war room....  :andy:

Until after Lawson because the rest of the picks have me wanting to roll off a cliff.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 07:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Until after Lawson because the rest of the picks have me wanting to roll off a cliff.

The first 7 picks were awesome IMO. So At least don't roll off until after the kicker. That dude looks legit!

Reply/Quote
Sad 
(04-29-2017, 07:41 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: The first 7 picks were awesome IMO. So At least don't roll off until after the kicker. That dude looks legit!

Mason Schreck might be a hell of a pick. Dude looks like a load to bring down and, while I wanted Howard in the first, Schreck looks like he could be a good big target that would be a load to bring down and create mismatches.

Don't understand all the picks, but I'll give it some time.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 07:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Don't understand all the picks, but I'll give it some time.

It's easy to bash on the picks because you'd rather they had been spent on other positions.  That doesn't mean that the players we did get aren't ballers though.  If our OL holds up the front office may have just pulled off a draft for the ages.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 07:41 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: The first 7 picks were awesome IMO. So At least don't roll off until after the kicker. That dude looks legit!

no on the 5th rd kicker....he sucks & our war room BLEW that pick.... Sick  he's smallish, even by kicker standards & on longer kicks is erratic.....has no hang time on kick offs....total wasted pick...as in WTF were they thinking....  WTF

that was pick 155 in the 5th rd...
the browns got the GREAT  kicker in the 7th rd pick #224 Zane Gonzalez.....I am shocked our war room blew this kicker pick so very, very, very badly....this may be their worst pick in their 50 yr history....
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 08:23 PM)Steve Wrote: no on the 5th rd kicker....he sucks & our war room BLEW that pick.... Sick  he's smallish, even by kicker standards & on longer kicks is erratic.....has no hang time on kick offs....total wasted pick...as in WTF were they thinking....  WTF

that was pick 155 in the 5th rd...
the browns got the GREAT  kicker in the 7th rd pick #224 Zane Gonzalez.....I am shocked our war room blew this kicker pick so very, very, very badly....this may be their worst pick in their 50 yr history....

He's better on 50 plus than Gonzales.  Maybe see what he does for us before losing yer mind.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 07:23 AM)McC Wrote: He's better on 50 plus than Gonzales.  Maybe see what he does for us before losing yer mind.

that's not what I read....just the opposite..50+ he's erratic.....small leg...
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 09:34 AM)Steve Wrote: that's not what I read....just the opposite..50+ he's erratic.....small leg...

Watch his pro day video on youtube.  He was drilling 63 yard FG's with 10 yards or more to spare.  Was kicking kickoffs through the FG posts or through back of endzone almost every time until they went to speciality kicks and directional kicks.  Kid may have some faults but a small leg is not one of them.  I really like that he even kicks long fgs with a really high trajectory.

https://youtu.be/qMb3ulpVlss
Reply/Quote
made all those 37 yrd kicks w/ the wind at his back in 80 degree weather....

let's see how he stacks up vs. Clevelands Gonzalez at the end of the year....
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 08:15 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: It's easy to bash on the picks because you'd rather they had been spent on other positions.  That doesn't mean that the players we did get aren't ballers though.  If our OL holds up the front office may have just pulled off a draft for the ages.

I think most of us are guilty of this, but yea this class has potential.  Back to Willis, I'm not concerned about MJ starting.  He likely handles the run better and also could be more effective with Iess reps (with other options to kick to DT at times)I'd rather Willis get more chances to pin his ears back on 3rd anyway.  This is going to be a nice rotation.
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter if Willis starts vs MJ. All that matters is MJ not playing over 75% of the defensive snaps.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote