Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Football is Near
Just think...shortly we'll all read (well some of us will read) about the rookies that'll never make it in the league, but Hobson will make em sound like they will..  How exciting is THAT?  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2019, 05:25 PM)grampahol Wrote: Just think...shortly we'll all read (well some of us will read) about the rookies that'll never make it in the league, but Hobson will make em sound like they will..  How exciting is THAT?  Shocked

His spin works because fans need some optimism, rookies are an unknown. I am not overly optimistic, but when I watch preseason games, I focus on rookies and players in league less than 3 years. They can be the ones to make us better quickly if they can contribute. I think Jackson is in year 3 and Boyd was year 3 a year ago. I hope Jackson takes a Boyd like jump. I hope Pratt or rookie LB group show promise.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2019, 07:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I can see the light, it has been a long off season due to a bad 2018. Many fans are testy and itching to talk about the future, a future team we will see soon as camp starts and we head into 2019 preseason and then to September regular season.

We have almost made it, I know it is tough as we get on each other's nerves as we recycle comments and thoughts out of boredom. But, we can't forget, we are all fans who love this team, so let's stick together and always debate respectfully.

I am not overly optimistic for 2019, but I will try and be. The team has surpassed expectations in the past, one year we were ranked 32nd and made playoffs so maybe 2019 will surprise me, maybe ZT and new staff will ignite and develop a winner. I hope so.

So congrats to all for getting through (almost) a long off season and not hurting anyone in the forum.

Needing some football...
Reply/Quote
If we join the Canadian league, would we win our first

canadian SUPER BOWL?   Smack
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2019, 05:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hoe Jackson

Pimp. Ninja

Reply/Quote
I can't believe you guys are already ready to hang it up on the season that almost was with the Reds..and it's just barely past the ASG.. THEY'RE GONNA WIN THE WORLD SERIES I TELL YA! (not really...they lost again today and scored 1 measly run.)

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 07:07 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: If we join the Canadian league, would we win our first

canadian SUPER BOWL?   Smack

Grey Cup, Lombardi...doesn't matter to me, I just want this team to win some hardware already.  Hell, hand out skates and let's see if they can win the damn Stanley Cup.

On a not-unrelated topic: anyone coming up to Dayton for the practice this Saturday?  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 08:29 PM)grampahol Wrote: I can't believe you guys are already ready to hang it up on the season that almost was with the Reds..and it's just barely past the ASG.. THEY'RE GONNA WIN THE WORLD SERIES I TELL YA! (not really...they lost again today and scored 1 measly run.)

Blues had the worst record in the NHL at start of Jan and won the Cup!
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 10:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Blues had the worst record in the NHL at start of Jan and won the Cup!

That's the beauty of roughly half of a sports league's teams making the playoffs.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Remember the days when we were on pins and needles just waiting for a bad off season decision by a player with being arrested or off field incidents (Jones, Henry, Thurman) or testing positive for drugs (Burfict and others). Well knock on wood, maybe we get through 2019 season unscathed for a change.

The ownership has seemed to embrace better character with draft picks. It seems to be working. Now, if it can translate into winning teams.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 10:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Blues had the worst record in the NHL at start of Jan and won the Cup!

Reds fans now have something in common with the comparison.. We all have the blues again.. 

Reply/Quote