Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
FootballGuys: John Ross Could EXPLODE!
(07-25-2019, 04:17 PM)McC Wrote: Is anyone asking you to?

What I’m being asked to do was left open to my interpretation and I did the best I could with that. I accept full responsibility if I misread anyone’s complaining about my complaining.
Reply/Quote
The guy gets injured running in a straight line during the combine and we expect him to stay healthy during the football season when there’s full contact ? We all obviously want him to succeed but common sense gotta kick in and tell you he won’t play many games based on his injury history
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 07:04 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: The guy gets injured running in a straight line during the combine and we expect him to stay healthy during the football season when there’s full contact ?  We all obviously want him to succeed but common sense gotta kick in and tell you he won’t play many games based on his injury history

He only missed 3 games last year...
Reply/Quote
John "the rookie" Ross. ha!
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 10:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: damnit the last thing we need is players spontaneously combusting on the field.

Reading the comments from youtube you might think Ross is the single greatest WR to every play in the NFL bar none.. Imagine that, huh? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 05:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What an enlightening post with great analysis.  Mellow 

Indeed.  I was going to ask him for the lotto numbers since he can predict the future with such insight.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 10:16 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Indeed.  I was going to ask him for the lotto numbers since he can predict the future with such insight.  

Ross EXPLODING this year could happen...I can't see the future, but you can't blame people for seeing better than they hear when it comes to Ross.  It's right up there with the SB hype for the Browns.  Yes, it could happen, but you can't blame people for having a hard time envisioning it at this psychological moment.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 05:36 PM)McC Wrote: I know how you can simplify posting.  Just copy and paste the following---

EVERYTHING ABOUT THE BENGALS SUCKS.

There.  Save yourself a lot of typing.

Nope. Not everything they do sucks but it does more times than it does not and the last 30 years clearly shows that.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 12:44 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Nope. Not everything they do sucks but it does more times than it does not and the last 30 years clearly shows that.

Damn it this is the year !! They brought back the same players as last year n didn’t sign anyone worth while but we did sign Andre Smith who I’m sure is in the best of shape !! This year will be different I’ll tell. If it wasn’t for injuries last year !
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 11:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ross EXPLODING this year could happen...I can't see the future, but you can't blame people for seeing better than they hear when it comes to Ross.  It's right up there with the SB hype for the Browns.  Yes, it could happen, but you can't blame people for having a hard time envisioning it at this psychological moment.

I was referring to his knowledge of what our record is going to be.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
And here I thought this thread would be about John Ross exploding at the sight of Andre Smith returning.

Kinda something like this maybe?

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 02:15 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I was referring to his knowledge of what our record is going to be.

It's called hypothesizing and it is somewhat different than predicting the future.  Right now we can't prove the Patriots and Chiefs won't go 0-16 and the Lions and Browns won't both go undefeated and play in the SB, either.  Thats why we use past evidence to predict future happenings.

Any sort of statement about the 2019 NFL season could be dismissed because we can't see the future. 
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 07:59 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's called hypothesizing and it is somewhat different than predicting the future.  Right now we can't prove the Patriots and Chiefs won't go 0-16 and the Lions and Browns won't both go undefeated and play in the SB, either.  Thats why we use past evidence to predict future happenings.

Any sort of statement about the 2019 NFL season could be dismissed because we can't see the future. 

30 years of sustained failure tells intelligent ppl otherwise.

Under the same school of thought. Tomorrow the sun may not
Rise.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 08:03 AM)TopSix Wrote: 30 years of sustained failure tells intelligent ppl otherwise.

Under the same school of thought.  Tomorrow the sun may not
Rise.

And hell might freeze over and the Bengals win a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 01:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would be surprised if our offense DOESN'T have plays like that.

It sure didn't last year.  Only place he didn't run verticals was in the Red Zone, where he did get 7 TDs in, I believe, 14 games.  

He has that big play potential more than anyone on the roster.  Can't wait to see what ZT does with him. 
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 01:20 PM)Synric Wrote: We will likely see alot more of that kinda stuff this year. There's pictures of Alex Erickson running thr jet sweep as Dalton hands Mixon the ball.

Zach Taylor and Not Bill Callahan are going to make defenses defend horizontally and vertical

Hue said something once of making defenses "defend every inch of the field", and I agree...don't make it easy on them and wearing them out with the rushing attack sounds like a good start. 
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 09:03 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And hell might freeze over and the Bengals win a playoff game.

The city needs to start implementing measures on crowd control and have drills and counselors readily available as a playoff win could create chaos and confusion to a city that has no idea how to deal with such an outcome.   Good Post
Reply/Quote
I hope the guy gets it. I really do. But I'm skeptical. Dude gave up on plays at least twice. Almost an unforgivable sin, afaic. Otoh, sometimes guys grow up later. I did. But he's gotta earn my trust and respect, at this point.
Couple of the posts here made me laugh out loud, though.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 08:03 AM)TopSix Wrote: 30 years of sustained failure tells intelligent ppl otherwise. 

You mean the people who are so intelligent they think we have not had  winning season in 30 years?
Reply/Quote
John Ross COULD explode and Armon Binns could get signed and become the greatest WR in the history of the league overnight.. However if I had to make a bet I wouldn't bet on either of those two things happening. If I had to bet on John Ross I'd bet he'll still be a Bengal by years end and leave it at that.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote