Opponents
13.33%
2 13.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pick 6
Who has more pick 6's this year? The Bengals or opponents. Dalton gave one up tonight. Personally, I would like the Bengals D step it up.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 10:34 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Who has more pick 6's this year? The Bengals or opponents. Dalton gave one up tonight. Personally, I would like the Bengals D step it up.

That's not a pick 6 if Ross doesn't fall down right in front of the defender.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 10:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's not a pick 6 if Ross doesn't fall down right in front of the defender.

True, but the result was a pick 6. Fuller did a heck of a job avoiding tackles.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 10:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's not a pick 6 if Ross doesn't fall down right in front of the defender.

If.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 10:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If.

I know. I'm just saying, it's not a pick six because of a bad pass from the QB. I thought he was taking a dig at the ole redhead. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 10:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I know. I'm just saying, it's not a pick six because of a bad pass from the QB. I thought he was taking a dig at the ole redhead. 

My first thought when I seen it, was it was under thrown. I think he fell making an adjustment. Would love to see it again. I have homer glasses on so I could be wrong. LOL

Reply/Quote
Another good throw by Bray. Kids giving it a shot.

Reply/Quote
The throw was fine. Ross catches it easily if he doesn't fall down.
Reply/Quote
I saw it get tipped at the line.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 11:28 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I saw it get tipped at the line.

That's because you were tipsy.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 10:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I know. I'm just saying, it's not a pick six because of a bad pass from the QB. I thought he was taking a dig at the ole redhead. 

I didn't mean to dig at the Red Rifle. I want the Bengals D to run some pick 6's this year. Not sure of past stats, but it seems we get more on us than we do to the opponents.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 10:40 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: True, but the result was a pick 6. Fuller did a heck of a job avoiding tackles.

Or our defense did a terrible job of catching him.. Either way it was 6 points for the bad guys.. The good news is it was preseason so it counts for exactly nothing in the grand scheme of the world.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 10:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: My first thought when I seen it, was it was under thrown. I think he fell making an adjustment. Would love to see it again. I have homer glasses on so I could be wrong. LOL

Only watched it once but looked like a back shoulder throw and Ross just slipped when he tried to stop and turn around. 

Which with his speed that throw will always be there for them per defender having to honor speed. 

Just got to develop their chemistry. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Anyone notice Dalton opting out of that tackle? I thought it was a smart move, that our coaches have encouraged, especially in preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 04:20 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: Anyone notice Dalton opting out of that tackle? I thought it was a smart move, that our coaches have encouraged, especially in preseason.

I did, I was worried he might try to tackle him inside the 20 in a preseason game. Glad he didn’t, risk of injury is way too high to bother in a meaningless game. Definitely a smart move by him.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 10:40 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: True, but the result was a pick 6. Fuller did a heck of a job avoiding tackles.

I can guarantee you most of the people were not giving their all in the 1st preseason game to stop him. In a real game I have no doubt he doesnt score there. 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 12:46 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I didn't mean to dig at the Red Rifle. I want the Bengals D to run some pick 6's this year. Not sure of past stats, but it seems we get more on us than we do to the opponents.

That's what happens when you load your secondary with guys who have poor hands for your secondary, and let your 8 INT safety leave.

Also likely a product of the defense that Paul Guenther ran, where they played so far off the line of scrimmage. That whole bend-don't-break generally doesn't allow for too many pick-6s since when you keep the offense in front of you, if you do manage to intercept a ball, it means the offense is still in front of you, but now you have to avoid them. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote