Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FootballGuys.com Joke About Eifert!
Just got an email from FootballGuys and check out the low blow they take at Eifert:

Quote:Your Draft is coming up. And the regular season will be upon us before Tyler Eifert's injured again. Ok, that’s like probably tomorrow, but you know what I mean.

Kind of sad but it does remind me that getting my hopes up for a big season out of him is probably setting myself up for a letdown.

Just made me laugh, so I figured I'd share.

I hope that we're surprised and he stays healthy and performs like we know he can!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 08:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Just got an email from FootballGuys and check out the low blow they take at Eifert:

Kind of sad but it does remind me that getting my hopes up for a big season out of him is probably setting myself up for a letdown.  

I hope that we're surprised and he stays healthy and performs like we know he can!

Sad but most likely true
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, we shall see. But I gotta tell you, with Tate's height? He could be an awesome TE. Big dude, good hands.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 09:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well, we shall see. But I gotta tell you, with Tate's height? He could be an awesome TE. Big dude, good hands.

Hmm, maybe we all should just let Tate be who he is, a WR.  The dude is gifted.  He's not fast, but he sure does get his tail down field.  I'm thinking he's more like a Megatron than a Tyler Eifert type of player.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 09:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, maybe we all should just let Tate be who he is, a WR.  The dude is gifted.  He's not fast, but he sure does get his tail down field.  I'm thinking he's more like a Megatron than a Tyler Eifert type of player.

With his height and hands, it would be a benefit though. We seem to be ok at WR on paper, so why not? He could sit at #4 or 5 receiver and not play much and have a mediocre career, or he could possibly be an awesome TE? Think about it. They key here is he's not fast. However, he is big.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 09:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: With his height and hands, it would be a benefit though. We seem to be ok at WR on paper, so why not? He could sit at #4 or 5 receiver and not play much and have a mediocre career, or he could possibly be an awesome TE? Think about it. They key here is he's not fast. However, he is big.

Ida know, every year we talk about having too much WR depth to get them all on the field and almost every time Green is the only one who really gets things done.  Maybe this year is the exception, but I'd like to see Ross and Malone really take off before I assume our WR is impossibly deep.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 09:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know, every year we talk about having too much WR depth to get them all on the field and almost every time Green is the only one who really gets things done.  Maybe this year is the exception, but I'd like to see Ross and Malone really take off before I assume our WR is impossibly deep.

Understand. They do look good tho! And although I think we did talk about depth at WR last year, it seems better. I'm basing this off that catch TBH. It was a good catch. He's not fast by any means, but he's big. Looks at this again and tell me he can't be a TE? Good hands. Plus Marvin gave him some good props. TE's score TD's. 

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 09:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Understand. They do look good tho! And although I think we did talk about depth at WR last year, it seems better. I'm basing this off that catch TBH. It was a good catch. He's not fast by any means, but he's big. Looks at this again and tell me he can't be a TE? Good hands. Plus Marvin gave him some good props. TE's score TD's. 

I hear ya, but if he's a good WR let's keep him as a WR.  It seems a bit risky to switch a guy who could be a good WR to a TE because we are thinking he's going to be buried behind awesome WRs, which is what we do every year.  The guy is like 1 inch taller and 10 lbs heavier than a number of HOF WRs so it's not too insane to just keep him where he is.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 09:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya, but if he's a good WR let's keep him as a WR.  It seems a bit risky to switch a guy who could be a good WR to a TE because we are thinking he's going to be buried behind awesome WRs, which is what we do every year.  The guy is like 1 inch taller and 10 lbs heavier than a number of HOF WRs so it's not too insane to just keep him where he is.

Fair enough. Coaches don’t seem to be moving in that direction either. I do wish him well and hope he makes an impact at either.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 09:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: With his height and hands, it would be a benefit though. We seem to be ok at WR on paper, so why not? He could sit at #4 or 5 receiver and not play much and have a mediocre career, or he could possibly be an awesome TE? Think about it. They key here is he's not fast. However, he is big.

I get what you're saying.  But, until I see him taking down a LB on a run play, or slowing up a DE, before he releases to the seam?  I'm a bit skeptical about making a guy change positions like that.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 08:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Just got an email from FootballGuys and check out the low blow they take at Eifert:

Never understood the fascination with bashing Eifert's injury issues, even on this board.  I mean, do they really think he's some kind of diva and just making this crap up.  The dude has been injured for crying out loud.  Yeah he's getting paid to sit the bench and that sucks but let's give the guy a break.

I for one hoping he has a comeback player of the year type of season and makes these douchebags look stupid.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 09:18 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Never understood the fascination with bashing Eifert's injury issues, even on this board.  I mean, do they really think he's some kind of diva and just making this crap up.  The dude has been injured for crying out loud.  Yeah he's getting paid to sit the bench and that sucks but let's give the guy a break.

I for one hoping he has a comeback player of the year type of season and makes these douchebags look stupid.

You forget the weird haircut which automatically disqualifies him from any kind of breaks.. We should be ONLY judging players based on hair styles alone which is why Joe Mixon is the worst running back of all time.   And Andy will be a ditch digger by the end  of the season.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote