Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For $10 million a year: Kirkpatrick or Zeitler?
From what I see...Kirkpatrick or Zeitler will both be getting contracts in the $10 million a year range.

If you could only sign one of them...which one would you sign?
Reply/Quote
I have mixed feelings on it. I believe that Zeitler is more valuable to the team, but I do think we could bring a Guard in with a 2nd or 3rd Round pick that could start. I don't think a 2nd or 3rd Round CB would be ready to start.

With Jones having off-the-field issues, I think Kirkpatrick is more valuable to the team because of circumstances.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: From what I see...Kirkpatrick or Zeitler will both be getting contracts in the $10 million a year range.

Kirkpatrick, I want Pac gone and do not want a complete overhaul at CB this season. Zeitler is great but I'd rather go younger and cheaper (even if less talented) at guard
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zeitler based on talent alone. Our line was terrible and him and Whit were the only bright spots. Losing one of them makes an inept line even worse. I want Kirkpatrick back also so why not cut Pacman and Mauluaga and use that money on him...I know that wasn't the question and I chose Zeitler for the original question but it really makes no sense how the Bengals choose to operate Free Agency. If the Ravens let a couple guys walk they go and sign a big time FA at another position of need (Eric Weddle last year and Tony Jefferson this year) and the Pats go make trades that always seem to benefit them. Bennett last year along with Kyle Van Noy and Shea McClellon..all those guys helped win a Super Bowl. Now they added Dwayne Allen in a trade. We don't sign outside Free Agents or make Trades to improve so it is imperative we keep quality starters on this team (Whit, Z, Kirk) while adding talent through the draft. You can't be replacing the talent on the roster with young draft picks year after year and bargain bin FA and expect the team to progress instead of regress. It's just not a logical strategy.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
IF the Bengals don't waive Maualuga...it could signal that they are going to draft a DE or RB int he 1st Round. With Lafell coming back...I'd say WR is out.
Reply/Quote
Good question.

If they cut Pacman, I say Kirkpatrick
If they keep Pacman, I say Zeitler.

Like JungleRock said, cut Pacman and Maualuga and now you should have money for both.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:54 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Good question.

If they cut Pacman, I say Kirkpatrick
If they keep Pacman, I say Zeitler.

Like JungleRock said, cut Pacman and Maualuga and now you should have money for both.

Agreed. IF we'd cut players and commit to playing younger guys...I think we could retain all of the big 3.

Whitworth is only going to be here another year or 2 so that shouldn't impact Maualuga and Eiferts contracts either. Plus, the cap will continue to rise.
Reply/Quote
with the cap increase... Id keep kirk... I know OL is a huge need. But generally its easier to find good OL than good CBs
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have money for both, as others have mentioned. If they were to cut some dead weight, they'd have money to re-sign all three (counting Whit).

The problem is that Mikey Brown is afraid to.

Reply/Quote
Sign Dre K.

This isn't really close. CB is just a more important position than G.
Reply/Quote
Apparently $10m a year wouldn't have gotten Whitworth anyway since the Rams just gave him a huge 3-year contract.
Reply/Quote
I don't think 10 million is going to be enough for either one of them. But I'd try to retain Dre first.
Reply/Quote
Zeitler. This is a very good CB class, plus two 1st rounders already waiting in the wings.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter. Neither Kevin Zeitler or Dre Kirkpatrick will be signed in Cincinnati. They will follow Andrew Whitworth to greener pastures on other teams.
Reply/Quote
Honestly I'd let them all walk and sign Ryan Clady, Ronald Leary, and Prince Amukamara. All vets who can come in and start but are that next tier from the big name guys.
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick... Let Zietler walk.

Sign fluker 1 year prove it deal (8m) starting LT
Sign mangold 2 year deal (6m/year) upgrade our center position
Sign Andre smith 1-2 year deal (4m/year) upgrade right tackle

Those 3 would make a bigger impact than had we kept everything the same and brought back Zietler and whit. Then you go to the draft for your RG. And hopefully then ced o or jake fisher is ready.... Hopefully.
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:09 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Kirkpatrick... Let Zietler walk.

Sign mangold 2 year deal (6m/year) upgrade our center position
Sign Andre smith 1-2 year deal (4m/year) upgrade right tackle

Those 3 would make a bigger impact than had we kept everything the same and brought back Zietler and whit. Then you go to the draft for your RG. And hopefully then ced o or jake fisher is ready.... Hopefully.

Wait. This is brilliant. I love this idea!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:09 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Kirkpatrick... Let Zietler walk.

Sign mangold 2 year deal (6m/year)  upgrade our center position
Sign Andre smith 1-2 year deal (4m/year)  upgrade right tackle

Those 3 would make a bigger impact than had we kept everything the same and brought back Zietler and whit.  Then you go to the draft for your RG. And hopefully then ced o or jake fisher is ready.... Hopefully.

You don't want Fluker at LT. RT or RG only.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: From what I see...Kirkpatrick or Zeitler will both be getting contracts in the $10 million a year range.

Neither, i would bring in another Guard that could run block and another Corner for depth for cheaper.

But if i had to choose between the two it would be Zeitler easily.
Reply/Quote