Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For All You Guys Hating On Whit
I know Whit is no longer a Bengal but this is related to Cincy and thought was a very good read. Whit is a class act and obviously missed in stripes since he left.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/01/31/despite-team-divorce-bengals-still-andrew-whitworth-super-bowl/2735871002/
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 09:42 PM)GodFather Wrote: I know Whit is no longer a Bengal but this is related to Cincy and thought was a very good read. Whit is a class act and obviously missed in stripes since he left.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/01/31/despite-team-divorce-bengals-still-andrew-whitworth-super-bowl/2735871002/

I didn't realize anybody was hating on Whit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I am not hating on Whit , at same time I am not hating what we did with drafting to replace him....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 09:45 PM)McC Wrote: I didn't realize anybody was hating on Whit.

Yes there was a thread earlier this week with some Whit hate saying he left Cincy yada dada stuff...members feeling rejected I guess LOL
Reply/Quote
Eh... It's like a divorce with children involved. You spent a lot of time together, and there is something in common that bonds you forever. But... At the same time, that person is gone so **** 'em.

I certainly don't hate the man in any way... Just **** 'em. Same goes for Rex Burkhead.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 10:04 PM)jason Wrote: Eh... It's like a divorce with children involved. You spent a lot of time together, and there is something in common that bonds you forever. But... At the same time, that person is gone so **** 'em.

I certainly don't hate the man in any way... Just **** 'em. Same goes for Rex Burkhead.

Well that sucks. I’ve always rooted for guys who left because under Marvin, it wasn’t going to happen for them here. Glad these guys were able to escape Bengletraz and finally see them rewarded for their life work.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 10:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well that sucks. I’ve always rooted for guys who left because under Marvin, it wasn’t going to happen for them here. Glad these guys were able to escape Bengletraz and finally see them rewarded for their life work.

I get that. Again I hold no ill will toward Andrew Whitworth. He did what he had to do, and the Bengals actually made the right move too. The only problem was that neither of the guys they drafted to replace the aging vet could hold his jock. I just look at it like he's gone, and I care about him as much as I care about whoever plays guard next to him in LA. I guess it's laundry over players.

How are you gonna feel about him if Lawson takes a late or cheap shot on Goff next year, and Whit goes after him?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 10:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well that sucks. I’ve always rooted for guys who left because under Marvin, it wasn’t going to happen for them here. Glad these guys were able to escape Bengletraz and finally see them rewarded for their life work.

Me to
Reply/Quote
Never have and never will hate on Whitworth. He was nothing but class and hard nosed while he played for the Bengals. He made a choice and went with what he felt was best for his career. Unfortunately that didn't include staying with the Bengals. I can never blame him for that and I'm glad he will get to play on the big stage this Sunday.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 10:15 PM)jason Wrote: How are you gonna feel about him if Lawson takes a late or cheap shot on Goff next year, and Whit goes after him?

If it truly was a cheap shot? I would hope Whit kicked his butt. Specially for costing the Bengals a 15yd penalty!

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 10:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If it truly was a cheap shot? I would hope Whit kicked his butt. Specially for costing the Bengals a 15yd penalty!

Fair enough...

Personally I'm hoping the Patriots win Sunday. It sticks it to the Steelers, and that guy that played Harry Potter. Oh yeah... And I don't like Shawn McVay's hair (and he has the same last name as a terrorist).

And I hate wishy washy franchises that skip town... Multiple times.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
There is a difference between hating on Big Whit and not giving a damn what the Rams do...

I hope they beat the Patriots not because of Whit or the Rams but because I dislike the Patriots.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 11:08 PM)jason Wrote: Fair enough...

Personally I'm hoping the Patriots win Sunday. It sticks it to the Steelers

I disagree, even if the Patriots win it won't really stick it to Steelers fans.  Steelers fans, "We were first to 6 rings, blah blah.. deflate, blah blah.."  The only thing that might shut up Steelers fans is nothing.  They could have a losing record for the next 5 years and the "fans" would still be rambling on about their Super Bowl wins (most of which were ages ago and probably before most of them were born) while waving a stupid yellow towel around Big Ben's rear end.  The only thing that a Patriots win will breed is even more bandwagon Patriots fans constantly chirping about how awesome their team is, half them will probably be ex-steelers fans, haha.  Steelers fans 2.0.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
1.) He is a Bengal for life will always root for the guy
2.) It's complete BS that the Bengals didn't make it a priority to sign him in 17
3.) Him leaving cost us any chance at a title.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I haven’t heard any hate on Whit. The Bengals pretty much decided to move on but did not draft people who were up to the job. Whit is about to play in the Super Bowl so I guess he made the right choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I don’t hate Whit, but I couldn’t care less that he’s in the Super Bowl.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I thought it was really classy of Katie and the FO to reach out to Big Whit and congratulate him as well as wish him luck. That alone is a sign of things have changed in the FO. Mike hardly acknowledged Bengals greats, let alone former Bengals still playing.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Whit was one of my favorite players. now that he's not a Bengal, he's still one of my favorite players.

He's a good guy off the field, plays hard on the field and isn't a butthole. I'll be cheering for him.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 09:51 PM)GodFather Wrote: Yes there was a thread earlier this week with some Whit hate saying he left Cincy yada dada stuff...members feeling rejected I guess LOL

Well he did leave for a better deal  no reason to hate whit....  Just hate we were not able to adequately replace him
Reply/Quote
I don't hate Whit, but he no longer plays for my team so I don't care either way. If the Rams win good for him and the rest of their team.

As far as not resigning him I think the team thought they had his replacement in house. So I have no problem with the decision. (hindsight is 20/20)
Reply/Quote