Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For All You Guys Hating On Whit
(02-04-2019, 01:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hill will probably drop and lose his anyway...

And then throw another 2 year old temper tantrum when they tell him he can't have another one.....

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: So he was just sitting there mouth open for no reason in particular?  

He didn't allow a sack, to my recollection, but he got beat early and had to resort to riding the pass rusher past the QB more often than I'm used to seeing from him.  He wasn't exactly blowing a bunch of holes open in the run game, either.  He played ok, and was probably the best Rams OL, but it wasn't a great performance by his standards.

I did not see a sack or pressure against AW. He was not the issue, he played well. The majority of the few runs went to the right so he was not at the point of attack on running plays often.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 02:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I did not see a sack or pressure against AW. He was not the issue, he played well. The majority of the few runs went to the right so he was not at the point of attack on running plays often.

Agree with you here, Whit didn't have a bad game, Havenstein did.
Reply/Quote
Whit played better at his age, after the most games, than anyone on the Bengals line this year.

We live in a world where Jeremy Hill gets a Super Bowl ring before AJ Green gets a playoff win.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 02:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I did not see a sack or pressure against AW. He was not the issue, he played well. The majority of the few runs went to the right so he was not at the point of attack on running plays often.

(02-04-2019, 07:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with you here, Whit didn't have a bad game, Havenstein did.

After rewatching the game, Whit did give up a sack to Hightower on a stunt during the 2 minute drill before the half.  He was beaten for a hit on the QB early in the 3rd that could arguably be a half sack, but his guy was the 2nd or 3rd man in on the QB.  Would have been a sack either way.  There was a pressure he allowed on a 3rd and 2 around the 5 minute mark of the second quarter where he just stopped blocking his man.  His guy and interior pressure flushed Goff to the right into a sack.  Weird play.  I don't know if he thought the ball was out or Saffold was going to pick him up or what.  He gave up another pressure in the 3rd and had about 3-4 plays in the 2nd half where Goff had to slide up to avoid the outside rusher, but I wouldn't really count those.

In the run game, he was a tale of two halves.  In the first half, you could tell when the run was going right, because Whit would play patty cake with his man, at best.  He didn't exactly get great movement when it came left, either.  Either somebody jumped in his ass at halftime or he was mad about the sack he gave up or something, because he was blasting guys off the LoS whether the ball was coming his way or not in the 3rd quarter.  He had a great block where he turned his man to the outside and opened a huge hole for a big gain early in the 3rd.  Sadly, he just let his man go on a draw play on 3rd and 20 something, and he blew up any chance of a play there.  3rd and 20, I know, but it's the 2nd half of the SB.

Overall, he played a little worse than I originally thought, mainly due to the sack he allowed.  He's definitely showing his age, because I never remember him taking so many plays off in the run game when he was here.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: After rewatching the game, Whit did give up a sack to Hightower on a stunt during the 2 minute drill before the half.  He was beaten for a hit on the QB early in the 3rd that could arguably be a half sack, but his guy was the 2nd or 3rd man in on the QB.  Would have been a sack either way.  There was a pressure he allowed on a 3rd and 2 around the 5 minute mark of the second quarter where he just stopped blocking his man.  His guy and interior pressure flushed Goff to the right into a sack.  Weird play.  I don't know if he thought the ball was out or Saffold was going to pick him up or what.  He gave up another pressure in the 3rd and had about 3-4 plays in the 2nd half where Goff had to slide up to avoid the outside rusher, but I wouldn't really count those.

In the run game, he was a tale of two halves.  In the first half, you could tell when the run was going right, because Whit would play patty cake with his man, at best.  He didn't exactly get great movement when it came left, either.  Either somebody jumped in his ass at halftime or he was mad about the sack he gave up or something, because he was blasting guys off the LoS whether the ball was coming his way or not in the 3rd quarter.  He had a great block where he turned his man to the outside and opened a huge hole for a big gain early in the 3rd.  Sadly, he just let his man go on a draw play on 3rd and 20 something, and he blew up any chance of a play there.  3rd and 20, I know, but it's the 2nd half of the SB.

Overall, he played a little worse than I originally thought, mainly due to the sack he allowed.  He's definitely showing his age, because I never remember him taking so many plays off in the run game when he was here.  

Thanks for the research, appreciate it. Still think he was the best player on the Line this game even if he was showing his age. Too bad for Whit, wanted him to get that ring but he should have another year in him i think. Saffold wasn't bad in the game either but that right side was what i saw getting beat a lot, could be wrong though, Havenstein in particular seemed to be on the ground a lot and committing penalties.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:16 PM)Destro Wrote: Whit played better at his age, after the most games, than anyone on the Bengals line this year.

We live in a world where Jeremy Hill gets a Super Bowl ring before AJ Green gets a playoff win.

well all the guys on patriots IR and PS got one....   But hill earned nothing... so I give him Zero credit
Reply/Quote