Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For All You Guys Hating On Whit
(01-31-2019, 10:04 PM)jason Wrote: Eh... It's like a divorce with children involved. You spent a lot of time together, and there is something in common that bonds you forever. But... At the same time, that person is gone so **** 'em.

I certainly don't hate the man in any way... Just **** 'em. Same goes for Rex Burkhead.

Would you say the same thing about former colleagues who are no longer working with you?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 08:18 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t hate Whit, but I couldn’t care less that he’s in the Super Bowl.

Same here, but it's EXACTLY the very same as actively hating him and rooting for his eminent demise and wishing he gets captured by ISIS and tortured to death...I guess.  Tongue

Nah, I don't hate former Bengals at all. I just don't actively root for them nor the teams they defect to. I'm a BENGALS fan, not whatever teams former Bengals play for.. Once they leave the Bengals I actively don't care about them anymore.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 11:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: Same here, but it's EXACTLY the very same as actively hating him and rooting for his eminent demise and wishing he gets captured by ISIS and tortured to death...I guess.  Tongue

Nah, I don't hate former Bengals at all. I just don't actively root for them nor the teams they defect to. I'm a BENGALS fan, not whatever teams former Bengals play for.. Once they leave the Bengals I actively don't care about them anymore.

Right but there are only 2 teams to choose from when watching the superbowl lol...

Both have a former Bengal...

Its just a matter of do you want the new Headcoach to have a ring (marvin had a ring)  or a taste of SB defeat so he knows what this franchise knows.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 11:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Right but there are only 2 teams to choose from when watching the superbowl lol...

Both have a former Bengal...

Its just a matter of do you want the new Headcoach to have a ring (marvin had a ring)  or a taste of SB defeat so he knows what this franchise knows.

I'd just as soon Taylor shows up with a burning desire to GET a ring, not to show one off that he got somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 11:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Would you say the same thing about former colleagues who are no longer working with you?

I have several former colleagues I actively don't give a rats ass about.. and I have very little faith they feel much differently towards me. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 09:42 PM)GodFather Wrote: I know Whit is no longer a Bengal but this is related to Cincy and thought was a very good read. Whit is a class act and obviously missed in stripes since he left.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/01/31/despite-team-divorce-bengals-still-andrew-whitworth-super-bowl/2735871002/

Love Whit and rooting for him and Taylor all the way to get a ring. Don't know why any Bengal fan would hate on him. All he did was help this franchise and our QB's, he was a great leader, great in the locker room and a great player for us. It was the FO's fault he got away, not Whit's. Wish he was with us right now and we were in the Superbowl but hey, get it why you are there man. Not much time left, this is his shot.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 11:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd just as soon Taylor shows up with a burning desire to GET a ring, not to show one off that he got somewhere else.

This... I'd rather he come in hungry.

I'm fairly certain Bill and and old Tom Brady are gonna take the Rams apart though. Of course, I thought the same thing last year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 12:13 PM)grampahol Wrote: I have several former colleagues I actively don't give a rats ass about.. and I have very little faith they feel much differently towards me. 

Right, but I would assume those are ones that you didn't like even while they were still with the company. Whit was someone everyone liked while he was here. Do you feel you would not care about a former colleague if you got along with them and worked well together but they decided to leave?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 02:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Right, but I would assume those are ones that you didn't like even while they were still with the company. Whit was someone everyone liked while he was here. Do you feel you would not care about a former colleague if you got along with them and worked well together but they decided to leave?

You're right.  There are people all over from several different past jobs that I still associate with, and some that I even still do things with from time to time.  When you give respect and get it back, there will always be a mutual feeling of well wishes.  Unless someone's an asshole. LOL 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 12:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love Whit and rooting for him and Taylor all the way to get a ring. Don't know why any Bengal fan would hate on him. All he did was help this franchise and our QB's, he was a great leader, great in the locker room and a great player for us. It was the FO's fault he got away, not Whit's. Wish he was with us right now and we were in the Superbowl but hey, get it why you are there man. Not much time left, this is his shot.

I forgot the year but ill never forget the game whit got tossed for fighting dude on the raiders after a cheap shot on our QB... Dalton

He always went above and beyond to protect his QB
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 11:36 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1.) He is a Bengal for life will always root for the guy
2.) It's complete BS that the Bengals didn't make it a priority to sign him in 17
3.) Him leaving cost us any chance at a title.

Agreed.   Drafting eventual replacements for Whit was the right idea - but they drafted two big time losers and could have had two good players, including Whit's current bookend.  They could have been bookends here.

It's the fact that we so badly assessed Whit's level of play, low balled a great player and great guy, then went on to badly assess the available candidates.

We'll never know what happened in the war room those two days, but I have to believe Alexander was the sole reason we drafted those two players.

So absolutely nothing can be laid at the feet of Whit.   He was disrespected by a team that did not have their crap together.

It's all on them not Whit

Still has me enraged.  They totally laid the groundwork for three failed years in a row.  More than coaches' heads should have rolled.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 03:44 PM)3wt Wrote: We'll never know what happened in the war room those two days, but I have to believe Alexander was the sole reason we drafted those two players.

I think this has to be right and then their failure lead to PA's release.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 04:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think this has to be right and then their failure lead to PA's release.

It was certainly a big part in that, in my opinion.  I also believe when Bill Lazor went public about changing the blocking schemes, and the animosity it created, was also a tipping point.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 12:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love Whit and rooting for him and Taylor all the way to get a ring. Don't know why any Bengal fan would hate on him. All he did was help this franchise and our QB's, he was a great leader, great in the locker room and a great player for us. It was the FO's fault he got away, not Whit's. Wish he was with us right now and we were in the Superbowl but hey, get it why you are there man. Not much time left, this is his shot.

Well said!  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 04:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: It was certainly a big part in that, in my opinion.  I also believe when Bill Lazor went public about changing the blocking schemes, and the animosity it created, was also a tipping point.

Lazor will always have a place in Bengal lore for being the one who slayed the beast.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 11:33 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I disagree, even if the Patriots win it won't really stick it to Steelers fans.  Steelers fans, "We were first to 6 rings, blah blah.. deflate, blah blah.."  The only thing that might shut up Steelers fans is nothing.  They could have a losing record for the next 5 years and the "fans" would still be rambling on about their Super Bowl wins (most of which were ages ago and probably before most of them were born) while waving a stupid yellow towel around Big Ben's rear end.  The only thing that a Patriots win will breed is even more bandwagon Patriots fans constantly chirping about how awesome their team is, half them will probably be ex-steelers fans, haha.  Steelers fans 2.0.

They may be the first to six but they will never have a coach or single player with six.

Think about that for a minute.
Tom Brady will have the same amount of Super Bowl victories as the Pittsburgh Steelers have over their existence, lol.
That's got to hurt.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 10:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well that sucks. I’ve always rooted for guys who left because under Marvin, it wasn’t going to happen for them here. Glad these guys were able to escape Bengletraz and finally see them rewarded for their life work.

Well you have to give Marvin create.. Whit became an excellent player under Marvin 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 03:44 PM)3wt Wrote: Agreed.   Drafting eventual replacements for Whit was the right idea - but they drafted two big time losers and could have had two good players, including Whit's current bookend.  They could have been bookends here.

It's the fact that we so badly assessed Whit's level of play, low balled a great player and great guy, then went on to badly assess the available candidates.

We'll never know what happened in the war room those two days, but I have to believe Alexander was the sole reason we drafted those two players.

So absolutely nothing can be laid at the feet of Whit.   He was disrespected by a team that did not have their crap together.

It's all on them not Whit

Still has me enraged.  They totally laid the groundwork for three failed years in a row.  More than coaches' heads should have rolled.

I disagree, we had drafted two lineman to replace him in 2015, Whit had already mentioned possible retirement, etc... we had other needs and contracts of younger players for the future to lock up.. now way am i signing him to a 3 year contract.. we had been very supportive of him with previous contracts..., we offered him a reasonable 1 year contract.. no one can predict the future.. most teams get in trouble holding on to veterans even good ones too long, they can slip very quick.. lineman are not made to play that long.  If our draft picks work out we are not even talking about Whit.. if one of the worst miss calls in NFL playoffs does not happen we still are not talking about Whit.. Great for him.. but I was fine with the plan .. the players did not work out .... 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 10:27 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: They may be the first to six but they will never have a coach or single player with six.

Think about that for a minute.
Tom Brady will have the same amount of Super Bowl victories as the Pittsburgh Steelers have over their existence, lol.
That's got to hurt.

Yep, years from now when he is long retired, Brady haters will be telling their kids and grandkids about how many times they watched the greatest QB to ever play the game...… I'm not a Patriots hater or supporter, they really mean nothing to me. But, I realize we are watching history every time Brady takes the field. Here's to that 6th ring....
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 09:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I am not hating on Whit , at same time I am not hating what we did with drafting to replace him....

This...I think most of us love Whit and those that have met the man know he is a good guy. 

I will never forget the line:  "I have two contracts in my life:  One is with my wife, and one is to protect Andy Dalton".  I loved the guy.

As much as I love him, I can't help but have some venom for Ogbuehi and the assbag that wanted him so badly (Alexander).  It set us back a long ways.  That being said, I am starting to find some hope in the new regime and if the Bengals were just good enough to make the playoffs and not advance, we know nothing would have changed.  They sucked, the fans stayed away, and here we are with some exciting changes.  

I hope he wins a ring. 
Reply/Quote