Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For All You Guys Hating On Whit
(02-04-2019, 12:36 AM)GodFather Wrote: Marvin Lewis is the blame here, he sent this message to the Rams HC

"Sean, set your plan and let it play out. IF you happen to lose its either because A) you have to play better or B) you have to do your job."
-Marvin Lewis

You forgot "We didn't execute the way we needed to."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:39 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The injury to Kupp and the knee tweak to Gurley def hurt them but they were still putting up points late in the season with the acquisition of Anderson. You just have to give credit to the Pats for chewing that Rams line up and spitting them out. 

That Rams OL got whipped bad.  Hate to say it, but I was taken aback when they showed Whit on the sidelines red faced and sucking wind, because they were hardly out there.  The Pats were just able to manufacture enough offense to control the clock and grind the Rams down.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:32 AM)Whatever Wrote: The Pats DL kicked the snot out of the Rams OL all game long.  It didn't seem that Gurley was 100%.  The Rams just didn't seem to have a plan B on offense.  They ran a college based offense all year, and I wonder if Goff is limiting what they can do in that regard.  That defense played their ass off, but just gassed down the stretch.  

And that snot kicking was scheme driven. Even the announcers noticed it - the Pats clearly studied the Rams offense closely and their defense played specifically not to let the Rams extend plays out to the sides, and to force Goff to operate out of the pocket instead of rolling out as the Rams like him to do. 

On offense the Pats were very old school. just like they were against Kansas City. They gashed the Rams for 154 yards on the ground after gaining over 200 on the ground against the Chiefs. And note when the Pats got their TD it was again scheme - they spread out the Rams defense and the Rams had no answer. 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:15 AM)Joelist Wrote: And that snot kicking was scheme driven. Even the announcers noticed it - the Pats clearly studied the Rams offense closely and their defense played specifically not to let the Rams extend plays out to the sides, and to force Goff to operate out of the pocket instead of rolling out as the Rams like him to do. 

On offense the Pats were very old school. just like they were against Kansas City. They gashed the Rams for 154 yards on the ground after gaining over 200 on the ground against the Chiefs. And note when the Pats got their TD it was again scheme - they spread out the Rams defense and the Rams had no answer. 

Do the players get any credit for how they played? Belichick said it himself after the game, the players were the ones getting to Goff, shutting down the LA WR’s (Hightower and Gilmore were particularly good), etc.

It was a combination of good coaching, and execution.

Reply/Quote
It's amazing watching proper outside linebacker play.

Sent from my N9517 using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 10:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well that sucks. I’ve always rooted for guys who left because under Marvin, it wasn’t going to happen for them here. Glad these guys were able to escape Bengletraz and finally see them rewarded for their life work.

Tiger I just can't do it. Don't care who you are or why you left. If you aren't wearing stripes, I've got nothin' for ya....

Guess that's why I can't play fantasy football...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:36 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Goff did not look good tonight.

Mahommes didn't either the entire 1st half.....it's the man under the Hoodie. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I guess Whit gave kind of a strange response after the game last night about life and death when asked about losing the SB lol. Mike Golic and Trey Wingo were talking about it on their show this morning.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Do the players get any credit for how they played? Belichick said it himself after the game, the players were the ones getting to Goff, shutting down the LA WR’s (Hightower and Gilmore were particularly good), etc.

It was a combination of good coaching, and execution.

Has been for 19 years though.....with all sorts of players.  They played disciplined football, in the scheme they were taught would work against the Rams.  I know Bengals fans are used to undisciplined play, and subpar coaching.....but this is what a well coached team looks like.  In fact, the GOAT coach.  Bar none.  I've been around the game over 20 years, my brother over 30, that's the best coaching job we've ever seen.  Three points given up to a team that averaged 33?

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 11:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess Whit gave kind of a strange response after the game last night about life and death when asked about losing the SB lol. Mike Golic and Trey Wingo were talking about it on their show this morning.

It seemed to me he was mocking the press....i.e. it's just a game, not life or death, but he Bungaled (see what I did there?) the delivery.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 11:27 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Has been for 19 years though.....with all sorts of players.  They played disciplined football, in the scheme they were taught would work against the Rams.  I know Bengals fans are used to undisciplined play, and subpar coaching.....but this is what a well coached team looks like.  In fact, the GOAT coach.  Bar none.  I've been around the game over 20 years, my brother over 30, that's the best coaching job we've ever seen.  Three points given up to a team that averaged 33?

I don’t think you’ll find anyone that would argue against Belichick being the GOAT, I’m just saying the players deserve their credit too. In the rare occasions where the Pats lose big games i don’t think it’s due to Belichick being outcoached very often (you could make a case for Pederson last SB though), but more just the Pats players not getting the job done. Last night they got the job done. The entire defense was great, led by the best CB in the game this season in Gilmore, and that front 7 gave Goff hell all night. The offense obviously wasn’t nearly as impressive (you can keep McDaniels lol), but Edelman, Michel, and Brady did just enough to win.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think you’ll find anyone that would argue against Belichick being the GOAT, I’m just saying the players deserve their credit too. In the rare occasions where the Pats lose big games i don’t think it’s due to Belichick being outcoached very often (you could make a case for Pederson last SB though), but more just the Pats players not getting the job done. Last night they got the job done. The entire defense was great, led by the best CB in the game this season in Gilmore, and that front 7 gave Goff hell all night. The offense obviously wasn’t nearly as impressive (you can keep McDaniels lol), but Edelman, Michel, and Brady did just enough to win.

Yes sir, I agree with you.  The gameplan was excellent, but those players out there have to be disciplined and maintain gap integrity all night long.  They did just exactly that.  Maximum effort too.  What a game, in my opinion.  Ya gotta give a nod to Wade Phillips too.  Outstanding defensively coached game on both sides.  It just came down to who blinked first, and the Rams did on the long ball to Gronk.  Those DBs were on it too, and then Chung goes out and the replacement (Harmon?) doesn't miss a beat.  It wasn't the video game score it was supposed to be, great defensive effort all around.  The Pats were just a bit better, and knew what they needed to do to get Goff out of his game.

Reply/Quote
Whit may be a little upset Jeremy Hill has a ring i know i am.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:35 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Whit may be a little upset Jeremy Hill has a ring i know i am.

He only played in one game this year. Isn’t it up to the team if he actually gets one? I might be thinking of how it works in hockey...

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He only played in one game this year. Isn’t it up to the team if he actually gets one? I might be thinking of how it works in hockey...

Everyone on the team gets one, and I mean everyone. Players, coaches, trainers, office staff....everyone.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think you’ll find anyone that would argue against Belichick being the GOAT, I’m just saying the players deserve their credit too. In the rare occasions where the Pats lose big games i don’t think it’s due to Belichick being outcoached very often (you could make a case for Pederson last SB though), but more just the Pats players not getting the job done. Last night they got the job done. The entire defense was great, led by the best CB in the game this season in Gilmore, and that front 7 gave Goff hell all night. The offense obviously wasn’t nearly as impressive (you can keep McDaniels lol), but Edelman, Michel, and Brady did just enough to win.

I think what it boils down to, is that when a player gets to NE, Belichick expects them to be great, and tells them that, and then gets that out of them instead of letting them just be mediocre and collect a paycheck. It's culture, and I hope Taylor brings that kind of culture with him.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Everyone on the team gets one, and I mean everyone. Players, coaches, trainers, office staff....everyone.

Hill will probably drop and lose his anyway...

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:07 AM)Whatever Wrote: That Rams OL got whipped bad.  Hate to say it, but I was taken aback when they showed Whit on the sidelines red faced and sucking wind, because they were hardly out there.  The Pats were just able to manufacture enough offense to control the clock and grind the Rams down.

He wasn't sucking wind at all and he played a damn good game.

The right side, on the other hand...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Why would we hate on Whit ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:09 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He wasn't sucking wind at all and he played a damn good game.

The right side, on the other hand...

So he was just sitting there mouth open for no reason in particular?  

He didn't allow a sack, to my recollection, but he got beat early and had to resort to riding the pass rusher past the QB more often than I'm used to seeing from him.  He wasn't exactly blowing a bunch of holes open in the run game, either.  He played ok, and was probably the best Rams OL, but it wasn't a great performance by his standards.
Reply/Quote