Budda Baker rd2
Taco Charlton rd2
Ethan Pocic rd3
JuJu Smith-Shuster rd4
Jon Toth rd4
Carlos Watkins rd5
If our our draft starts something like this i think we would be sittin pretty

Add a  lineman in Fa and maybe a DT
Juju Smith isn't gonna be there n the 4th round.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 03:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You know, I was going to say you're on something if you think Ethan Pocic will be available in the 3rd, JuJu Smith-Shuster in the 4th, and Watkins in the 5th, but everyone would have said the same about Billings falling all the way to the 4th and it happened. So for now, I'll just say that's a dream scenario if it pans out that way.

Also, why do you have two second round picks in that list? You think the Bengals are going to get a second for McCarron or something?

I think we get a 2nd for mccarron and we arent even to the combine yet in the pre draft process..a player that YOU (think) might be a 1st rounder could go undrafted by the time the draft rolls around.Since my mini mock was so far fetched maybe you should post the actual bengals 2k17 draft so we can stop all this debate about who were gonna get.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 03:47 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Juju Smith isn't gonna be there n the 4th round.

Oh ok.what pick does he go then?
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 03:49 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Oh ok.what pick does he go then?

Didnt mean to come off as terse towards your post. I like several of the players that you have listed,including Juju but I highly doubt that he falls that far. He was projected as a first rounder going into the season. USC started out slow, but finished strong. Juju at 6'2"/222 pounds had 133 and a TD in the Rose Bowl. 

If he blazes a 40, he's coming off of the board earlier than later. He had 10 TDs and just missed 1000 yards in what started out as a bad year. He destroyed Penn St secondary in the bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 04:17 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Didnt mean to come off as terse towards your post. I like several of the players that you have listed,including Juju but I highly doubt that he falls that far. He was projected as a first rounder going into the season. USC started out slow, but finished strong. Juju at 6'2"/222 pounds had 133 and a TD in the Rose Bowl. 

If he blazes a 40, he's coming off of the board earlier than later. He had 10 TDs and just missed 1000 yards in what started out as a bad year. He destroyed Penn St secondary in the bowl.
Kinda reminds me of dwayne jarrett
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 03:48 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: I think we get a 2nd for mccarron and we arent even to the combine yet in the pre draft process..a player that YOU (think) might be a 1st rounder could go undrafted by the time the draft rolls around.Since my mini mock was so far fetched maybe you should post the actual bengals 2k17 draft so we can stop all this debate about who were gonna get.

No need to get all defensive. If you had properly read my post, you would have seen that I essentially wrote that most experts have the players you selected going much higher than where you have them selected, however there is the rare occasion where someone like Billings (pegged as a first rounder) drops to the 4th, that's why I consider it a dream scenario if it happened. I was actually saying it COULD happen, just surprising if it did.

But since you decided to get defensive, here's why I think those pick selections of yours are bad...

If Pocic falls to the third, it will mean he won't be the first or second center off the board. The top center is always off the board no later than mid-second. The second center is usually drafted by the end of the second round. If Pocic is really taken as the third center in what some consider a weak center class, is that really good for the Bengals? Now, if you think Pocic is drafted as guard primarily, then this selection could make more sense, as he likely isn't considered a top-graded OG. You have both Pocic and Toth in your mini mock, but no explanation of why you took two centers. Thinking that the Bengals take two centers in the draft while they have Bodine on the roster is not realistic unless one of those picks plays a different position. I think projecting Elflein in the third is more realistic than Pocic because Elflein has surprisingly short arm length that could limit his effectiveness in the NFL.

JuJu Smith-Shuster, if selected in the fourth round, would mean likely 9 (or more) WRs will be selected before him. If there are that many WRs selected before him, he's probably not rookie starter material and needs at least a year or two to emerge as such. Given that this is considered a weak WR class and JJSS is a very solid prospect, I don't expect to see JJSS fall any lower than early third round.

Watkins is the one I've seen more out of your list being ranked anywhere from second round down to fifth. Given Billings' fall from first to fourth, Watkins from second to fifth could happen.

Maybe you are the one who is the actual draft prophet and all the draft projection experts and sites are the ones who are very off. But given how I put more trust into sites and experts that have done this for a long time and in most cases get paid to do this kind of stuff full time, I'm going to trust their projections over some new person on a message board.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be opposed to drafting linemen on both sides of the ball with most of our picks.
Reply/Quote
For Casual Football Watchers: OLine is an important part of the team but chances are the thread starter doesnt know much about football either and listens to ESPN talking heads and then parrots the info here. Where are those best OLines now since I know you heard ESPN talk about the Cowboys and Steelers all year?
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 11:36 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: For Casual Football Watchers: OLine is an important part of the team but chances are the thread starter doesnt know much about football either and listens to ESPN talking heads and then parrots the info here. Where are those best OLines now since I know you heard ESPN talk about the Cowboys and Steelers all year?

NE had o line issues in 2015, they axed their coach, and went and got Scarnecchia back to coach the unit.  It was pretty good, and put on quite the display against the Stoolers.

The Falcons had troubles up the middle.....sign Alex Mack.

The Bengals have trouble?  We keep Piano Man, may let Zeitler and/or Whitworth walk, and played a guy that wasn't even ready for the NFL out of position.  Only in Cincinnati.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 08:35 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I do not buy that our o line is that bad, we got two bad players on the line they could of replaced a lot sooner. Cedric was a huge fail. Even on a podcast a former Bengal said he doesn't even look NFL caliber yet we ran him out there till we were out of it.  Center is also a weakness, and they will just refuse to replace the guy. They could of tried stuff this year. Fisher did ok once he took over for ced. We got two pro bowlers on the line, and boling is above average if he isn't injured.

Now everyone preached and preached that cowboys was so great cause of that o line, how fast did they get beat in the playoffs?  New England they have a great scheme and play callers, and the best qb in the game. His line hasn't been all that for him this year either.

Difference is, Brady is not a runner, he will hangout back there and wait. Dalton sees any type of pressure and he's running. He sees his man ain't open he's running. That is the difference.
He has to run...and the miserable O-line still got him sacked way too many times. Sadly Bodine gets a big bump in salary this year.
Reply/Quote
I am not going to tear into the OP cuz i am sure plenty have. I will just add what i want to see and i know won't
happen to improve this team the most in one Offseason. First off, fire Paul Alexander and hire a competent O-line
coach then...

- Re-sign Whitworth for 2 years
- Give Zeitler a fair 5 year contract
- Give Kirkpatrick the Franchise Tag
- Bring back Lafell
- In FA bring in Rick Wagner OT

In the draft...

1st round - Dalvin Cook RB
2nd round - Taco Charlton DE
3rd round - John Toth C
3rd round - Raw, talented OT for the new O-line coach to work with
4th round - Michael Roberts TE Toledo
5th round - Kicker
BPA from here on out.

I think this would be a fine start to a SB run and would not be hard to do if the owner, FO and coach saw our
weaknesses and wanted to fix them.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 06:59 PM)Derrick Wrote: He has to run...and the miserable O-line still got him sacked way too many times. Sadly Bodine gets a big bump in salary this year.

Defend it all you guys want to. Say his o line gives him 1 second whatever.but I've seen him get rid of it faster then he needs too, I've seen him put his head down and run when he didnt necessarely need to,any slight form of pressure he's taking off, and shortening the field. The guy has flaws,and some big ones. I not saying all game long ,that would be very noticeable. But them plays he doesn't do well, are plays a better qb would make a play. And that's not even talking about his accuracy, I've seen him throw aweful passes, on short throws, flat routes too. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 05:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: NE had o line issues in 2015, they axed their coach, and went and got Scarnecchia back to coach the unit.  It was pretty good, and put on quite the display against the Stoolers.

The Falcons had troubles up the middle.....sign Alex Mack.

The Bengals have trouble?  We keep Piano Man, may let Zeitler and/or Whitworth walk, and played a guy that wasn't even ready for the NFL out of position.  Only in Cincinnati.

You're just lucky that fredtoast isn't here, to see you picking on Paul Alexander like that..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote