Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Entertainment Purposes Only
Since Brad and I have been regularly debating "picks" for the Bengals games (for betting purposes), I thought I would expand it to something where everyone could just make a pick or two if they like, and discuss them.

The Bengals game, I don't like at all. Maybe I would play the over (which I hate betting over and unders) as I see it being a potentially high-scoring game.

Here are the rest of the picks I like this week:

Miami -6.5 at home against the Texans. Even Miami's defense can look good against the Texans. They are also poised for their "late season run" where they beat a few teams they shouldn't and their record improves to a respectable number....costing themselves a premier draft pick in the process.

New England -3.5 at Carolina.
Yes, they still have a rookie QB and it is a road game, but their defense is really good and Carolina scored 3 points and 19 points in their last two games. I hate the number, but Belichek will have a plan to get the ball out quickly and take away the strength of the Carolina defense. Won't be a super high-scoring game, but they should cover.

Minnesota +6 at the Ravens.
The Rats are still very tough at home, and coming off a bye, but I think the Vikes will fare better against the Rat's defense than they did at Dallas a week ago. They won't likely win, but I think they cover. Ravens defense is very suspect.

Green Bay +7.5 at the Chiefs
. I get it. They aren't playing Rogers. However, this is the shot Jordan Love has been waiting for and I think he will be ready for the Chiefs. He is also a lot more mobile than the shifty Rogers, and could move the chains a few times with his legs. Chiefs are a mess, and I don't see them covering that number against a really good Green Bay defense. If your site has player props, look at AJ Dillon for having a big game. I think the Packers will rely on the run early. They might even win this game.

Remember, this is just for fun. I killed college football yesterday (which I usually suck at) and might regress to the mean in this weekend's NFL action. However, I feel last week was such a weird week for the NFL that a lot more sensical things happen this week.

Who Dey! Enjoy the games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Texas plus 6.5
All day long

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 11:55 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Texas plus 6.5
All day long

Yup. Tyrod Taylor is not David Mills.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 12:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yup. Tyrod Taylor is not David Mills.

He's not even Mike White.. Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 12:26 PM)grampahol Wrote: He's not even Mike White.. Nervous

That's Mr Mike White. Put some respect on the future GOAT's name when you type it.    Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bills -14.5 at Jags. Bills cover no problem. IMO. Thought I heard Burrow is undefeated ATS following a loss. not counting week10 of last season which he didnt finish
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 01:35 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Bills -14.5 at Jags. Bills cover no problem. IMO. Thought I heard Burrow is undefeated ATS following a loss. not counting week10 of last season which he didnt finish

This didnt age well
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 11:55 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Texas plus 6.5
All day long

Nope, went 4-0.  5-0 if you count the over for the Bengals game.  Allow me to take a victory lap.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:20 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: This didnt age well

Mine did...
Reply/Quote