Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Liberals
I would like to know what if anything that Trump has done since right before and since he's been in office that you find as a positive?
I already know the multitudes of negatives, but I'm curious if he's done something good IF you can actually give him credit for.

Yep, it's a challenge.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-22-2019, 12:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I would like to know what if anything that Trump has done since right before and since he's been in office that you find as a positive?
I already know the multitudes of negatives, but I'm curious if he's done something good IF you can actually give him credit for.

Yep, it's a challenge.

I think the criminal reform bill was a good thing.

There was something else a year ago or so I posted about agreeing with him on..I just can't remember what it was now!   Smirk

(Buried under all the crappy things he says and does probably.   Ninja)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I forget what the things were, but I have given him credit for a couple of things since he took office. I like what he has done with the renegotiated NAFTA, I just wish that it went further. He pumps it up as some great achievement, but it is a small step that was needed to modernize the deal.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Criminal Reform. The initial openness to North Korea was good.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I appreciate that he didn't attempt to invade Venezuela. He did recognize Juan Guaido as President, but he didn't send troops there (as far as I know. It's hard to find recent information on it, but I think we've kind of stepped out of that whole situation).

I also think he handled ISIS pretty well. I don't think ISIS is completely eliminated, like he thinks, but they definitely seem to be pushed back pretty far and in regroup mode.

I don't mind him opening a door to North Korea, but the way he praises Kim Jong Un gives me the chills. Maybe he's trying to cozy up to him to try and manipulate him into complying, but that's a dangerous game that may backfire.

People have already mentioned the criminal reform bill, which is the only domestic policy or achievement of his that I've agreed with.
He's made it a lot easier to convince conservative women and their parents that numerous sexual allegations against me were unfounded and are a total non-issue.
Put a spot light on the crappy trade policies of China. The west gives them access to their markets and they thank us by being bad faith actors within it.
I appreciate the tax cut. And while it had a very small impact on me and was basically an unpaid for corporate handout that is helping balloon the deficit... It helps pay for the recent tax increases our new republican gov signed off on that adds a 10 cents a gallon fuel tax here in Ohio and the new additional 100$ i will have to pay yearly at license plate renewal time because I have a hybrid.

Repubs are the best alwaya looking out for the working class and those that care about our environment.
No but seriously. He is doing a great job at showing us and the world how corrupt and broken our government is.
(07-22-2019, 08:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: No but seriously. He is doing a great job at showing us and the world how corrupt and broken our government is.

He's the most politician "non-politician" ever.

He's like a characterture of a politician.  So bad at it he looks like the stereotype.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
So quick list:

criminal reform bill
Tax cuts
Reworking NAFTA (to a degree)
Openness to talk to NK.
Called out China on trades and has been re-working that.

Here is a few that haven't been mentioned but are deserving:
Gun Control, (the banning of bump stocks, accessories that allow Semi's to mimic auto's)
NATO countries are actually paying up.
White House Veteran's hotline.
Banning administration officials from lobbying the US on behalf of a foreign government.

Overall are we in agreement with this list? (might not like the method, but that's a different story).