Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For all who wish we kept Brown over Nugent...
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/08/everything_to_know_about_josh_browns_arrest_and_su.html

Mellow
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't want Brown, I don't want Nugent, I don't want Graham and I don't want Scobee.

I want a young guy to come in and beast it up.
Reply/Quote
So, what you are saying is he may be available soon!
Reply/Quote
Yup a young guy to put Nugent on the streets
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
In a related story: I heard Nuge tried to kick his wife, but missed.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 12:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In a related story: I heard Nuge tried to kick his wife, but missed.

Ba-dum tissssss.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 12:07 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I don't want Brown, I don't want Nugent, I don't want Graham and I don't want Scobee.

I want a young guy to come in and beast it up.

Exactly, it's not about Brown at this point.  Bring in a good college free agent kicker to challenge Nugent.  He no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt... have a true competition and let the best man win.
Reply/Quote
I know it's the forums and we can all give opinions and joke around, because that's what the forums are for.

I hate to be the Bengal 'scrooge', but for me, it's a moot point because Lewis has already said he's not concerned about Nugent's play. It's a done deal and he's staying.

Yes, we can all bash Marvin and I understand how it helps blow off steam for those that need to, but it won't change a thing outside of giving everyone something else to complain about!  Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 01:42 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I know it's the forums and we can all give opinions and joke around, because that's what the forums are for.

I hate to be the Bengal 'scrooge', but for me, it's a moot point because Lewis has already said he's not concerned about Nugent's play. It's a done deal and he's staying.

Yes, we can all bash Marvin and I understand how it helps blow off steam for those that need to, but it won't change a thing outside of giving everyone something else to complain about!  Wink

Nothing that is posted here has any effect on the decisions made by the organization.  Debating and blowing off steam is the entire point of an internet message board...
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 01:31 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Exactly, it's not about Brown at this point.  Bring in a good college free agent kicker to challenge Nugent.  He no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt... have a true competition and let the best man win.

Competition can be very motivating to bring ones "A" game. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 01:50 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Nothing that is posted here has any effect on the decisions made by the organization.  Debating and blowing off steam is the entire point of an internet message board...

You must have read and selectively remembered what YOU wanted to remember because you've just repeated part of what I said!  Rolleyes

I gave my opinion on the matter. For me, I like to discuss the reality of what we can comfortably assume will happen based upon franchise history with a dose of "I'd like to see this or that happen". Just my opinion and preferences.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 02:02 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: You must have read and selectively remembered what YOU wanted to remember because you've just repeated part of what I said!  Rolleyes

I gave my opinion on the matter.  For me, I like to discuss the reality of what we can comfortably assume will happen based upon franchise history with a dose of "I'd like to see this or that happen".  Just my opinion and preferences.

Sorry, I was reading while also sitting on a conference call (not the best way to focus on either)
Reply/Quote
Obviously not defending anyone who beats their wife, but I feel like her version of the story might be a bit scandalized... if police get called to a domestic problem, almost always one of the two is going to get arrested regardless of fault, generally the husband. The prosecution dropped the charges within a week, and the NFL, despite their insane suspension rampage they've been on lately, gave him 1 game rather than the normal 4 for a domestic violence thing. In a post Ray Rice NFL, that suggests that they didn't find anything either.

So if anything, it looks like she's using a hot topic in the NFL right now in order to get her digs in an ugly divorce. Any woman knows that if they use the word abuse, they win and the NFL player loses.

Just think if the prosecution dropped it nearly immediately, and the NFL aren't even punishing him under the domestic abuse rules, there's not much against him. That said, if they do have legitimate evidence, they should charge him and I will gladly grab my pitchfork with everyone else. Just don't feel like doing that before any proof.

- - - - - - - - -- - - -

That said, I want them to just bring in a bunch of UDFA and have a kicking tournament or something. Anything besides Nugent.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd bet my left nut if we kept Josh Brown and he beat his wife this week we could cut him and get Nugent off the street. That way we would have (probably) had better kicking occurring for the past few years and THEN we could get a pat on the back for cutting a wife-beater and replacing him with our ol' favorite hometown hero.

Lord, that's just on the field AND off the field gold right there.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 03:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd bet my left nut if we kept Josh Brown and he beat his wife this week we could cut him and get Nugent off the street. 

You would be wrong.

Nugent has always been better than the kickers on several ofther NFL teams.  If we released him some other team would sign him.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 03:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You would be wrong.

Nugent has always been better than the kickers on several ofther NFL teams.  If we released him some other team would sign him.

"Better than the kickers on several other NFL teams"... you just don't get a stronger endorsement than that...
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 03:40 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: "Better than the kickers on several other NFL teams"... you just don't get a stronger endorsement than that...

"If we released him, some other team would sign him."

- Same could be said about Bodine ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 03:40 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: "Better than the kickers on several other NFL teams"... you just don't get a stronger endorsement than that...

I did not say it was a strong endorsement.

I just said it because it is true.

Do you disagree or are you just trying to be a jerk.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 03:42 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: "If we released him, some other team would sign him."

- Same could be said about Bodine ThumbsUp

Do you disagree?

And if not then what is your point?

Nately makes a false statement and when I correct him you guys attack me.

You all need to grow up.  I stand proudly on the truth.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 03:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I did not say it was a strong endorsement.

I just said it because it is true.

Do you disagree or are you just trying to be a jerk.

I do disagree.  Baring some sort of injury situation and a dire need for kickers, I think Nugent is riding out his last destination in the NFL.

You calling someone else out for being a jerk is kind of funny though Whatever
Reply/Quote