Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For entertainment purposes only: My Fav Five
Not sure if this will become a weekly thing, but I thought I would see if anyone would like to join in on picking their 5 best games against the spread.  Pick 5....Don't just throw one game out there.  We can add it up and see who the weekly winner is with a tie breaker being total points of the Bengals game.  I don't typically like to bet on the Bengals so I am going to leave them off this list.

Here are my Fav Five:

New Orleans -5.5
.  Atlanta is at home, where they tend to cover, but I think they have next to no chance with minimal weapons and a pathetic defense.

Philly -5.  Everyone falls in love with the Hard Knocks team of that year.  Philly is on the road, but this one shouldn't be close.  The Eagles don't typically fare well in openers, but I love them here.

Baltimore -6.5  I want to like the Jets at home but the Ravens should be very motivated to prove they are back and a threat in the AFC.  For the record, I would love for the Jets to surprise here, but I just don't see it.

Tennessee -5.5.  Might be the bet of the week.  The Titans might have lost a good WR, but they still have a great defensive front and Daniel Jones is hot garbage.  

Denver -6.5  Russ going home to what could be the worst team in the league with the worst starting QB in the league.  

Total points of Cincy game:  44

All favorites and four out of the five are road teams.  I don't like that, but I think for week 1 the lines are just too forgiving.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 10:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not sure if this will become a weekly thing, but I thought I would see if anyone would like to join in on picking their 5 best games against the spread.  Pick 5....Don't just throw one game out there.  We can add it up and see who the weekly winner is with a tie breaker being total points of the Bengals game.  I don't typically like to bet on the Bengals so I am going to leave them off this list.

Here are my Fav Five:

New Orleans -5.5
.  Atlanta is at home, where they tend to cover, but I think they have next to no chance with minimal weapons and a pathetic defense.

Philly -5.  Everyone falls in love with the Hard Knocks team of that year.  Philly is on the road, but this one shouldn't be close.  The Eagles don't typically fare well in openers, but I love them here.

Baltimore -6.5  I want to like the Jets at home but the Ravens should be very motivated to prove they are back and a threat in the AFC.  For the record, I would love for the Jets to surprise here, but I just don't see it.

Tennessee -5.5.  Might be the bet of the week.  The Titans might have lost a good WR, but they still have a great defensive front and Daniel Jones is hot garbage.  

Denver -6.5  Russ going home to what could be the worst team in the league with the worst starting QB in the league.  

Total points of Cincy game:  44

All favorites and four out of the five are road teams.  I don't like that, but I think for week 1 the lines are just too forgiving.

Perhaps share a link that gives the spreads
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Unlike most mine is the Bengals dismantling the steelers, not sure what the spread is, but I would lay it.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I hate how gambling has become part of the mainstream culture
Reply/Quote
Understand, yet not a big fan how complaining has become so prevalent in society this day and age as well.

Yet here I am complaining lol

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 10:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps share a link that gives the spreads

I use some lame scoreboard app on my phone, but try this:

NFL Odds & Lines 2022-2023 Season | Latest Coverage (vegasinsider.com)
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 12:31 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I hate how gambling has become part of the mainstream culture

I love how our pinheaded elected officials are FINALLY starting to understand the hundreds of millions of tax revenue that will now come to this country instead of overseas, or simply avoided with traditional bookies.  I feel the same way with legalizing Marijuana.  Not my thing at all, but far less toxic than alcohol and can be regulated and taxed.  
Reply/Quote
Betting on NFL games is tough. I think Tennessee and Denver are the best bets. I think Detroit is gonna be a lot better this year. That game against the Eagles should be a good sign how there season will go.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 12:40 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I use some lame scoreboard app on my phone, but try this:

NFL Odds & Lines 2022-2023 Season | Latest Coverage (vegasinsider.com)

NEW ORLEANS (-3.5)

CAROLINA (+3.5)

MINNESOTA (+1.5)

NEW ENGLAND (+2.5)

ARIZONA (+2.5)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 12:31 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I hate how gambling has become part of the mainstream culture
Speak for yourself.. I won 200 on the Bills rams game ... Gambling make the games all that more fun..
Reply/Quote
on the lines you posted I like

Ravens........ -4.5
Broncos........-4
Eagles...........-3.5
Bengals ........-6

and my lock of the week is

the Bills ......... -1........ lol

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I picked the Titans in my survival pool.
Reply/Quote