Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For everyone else in the Carolinas...
(09-16-2018, 12:59 PM)grampahol Wrote: Probably not a great idea taking back roads as a lot are likely flooded out or missing chunks of the roadway all together.. Last flood here we had several roads out. Spears Creek Church Rd near us was washed out  completely for about 6 months till it finally got fixed so to get to I-20 we had to deture quite a ways.. 
I imagine a bunch are going to be out on back roads..  

Agreed. I'd stay at home. I'd assume most tragedies in these situations happen when people try to leave their homes for whatever reason. Last thing you want is to get stuck on the roads during a hurricane/storm with no cell service and emergency services already busy.

(09-16-2018, 01:03 PM)grampahol Wrote: It is a pleasant town for the most part. Traffic isn't bad (except I-26 @ 20.. That's a built-in death trap.. lol ).. and not a lot of huge crappy neighborhoods like some places I've lived.   Kind of hot in the summer though.. 

I always say the worst heat I've felt was July in SC. It was often 95 degrees with 100% humidity. It was 115 degrees in the AZ desert, but no humidity obviously. I loved the way the city was structured. Had a lot of fun at 5 points and Platinum Plus lol.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We sent help to support the rescue crews down there. We are fuel haulers taking diesel down and making sure the rescue vehicles have fuel to do their jobs. Arrived on Tuesday at Fort Bragg and tankers were parked in Hangers on the airfield until given the orders to disperse to wherever they needed us. Just today are they attempting to get them going. Slow moving storm has kept rescue teams restrained.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote