Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the Sewell Train (Squad)
While I'm #TeamPitts, I realize he's the least likely option between him, Chase, and Sewell.

I've already done a mock where I posted a pass catcher in Rd 1, so I decided to do one where Sewell was the selection.

1) Penei Sewell, OT Oregon (6'5", 325 lb) - Bengals don't take the risk on waiting until 38 to get a guy who can take over RT in 2022 after Reiff's contract is up, so they play it safe and go Sewell even though a pass catcher is appetizing. They could choose to play Sewell at OG as a rookie, which could be especially valuable since he didn't play football in over a year.

2) Dyami Brown, WR UNC (6'1", 195 lb) - Good deep threat who is a real playmaker (20 YPR). Also perfectly willing to go across the middle in traffic. I like the idea of putting Brown with Higgins and Boyd.

3) Jackson Carman, OL Clemson (6'5", 345 lb) - Massive guy who covered LT duties at Clemson. He struggled some with edge rushers and his arm length is under 33", so he likely needs to move to OG. I really like Carman coming in to compete for one of the OG positions, and he can play OT in an emergency.

4) Patrick Jones, DE Pitt (6'4", 264 lb) - Ideal fit as a 4-3 DE who showcased a variety of pass rushing moves, athleticism, and bend in college. Needs work to getting off blocks and add strength, as he can get beat by a single defender. By having Hendrickson and Hubbard, Jones can be part of a rotation while he continues to bulk up and work on his improving his deficiencies.

5) Marlon Tuipulotu, DT USC (6'2", 308 lb) - Versatile IDL who can play both 3T and 1T. Very sound, well-rounded player who wins with leverage. Tuipulotu can rotate with Ogunjobi as a rookie. If Tuipulotu is not here at this pick, I think there will be a few other DTs worth taking.

6) Alaric Jackson, OL Iowa (6'5", 318 lb) - Played OT at Iowa, but has a severe lack of length to stick outside in the NFL. However, he has the athleticism and ability that he could develop into a good OG. With ideal development, I think he and Carman can be the Bengals' starting OG tandem of the future.

6-HOU) Evan McPherson, K Florida (5'11", 185 lb) - Arguably the top K in the draft. McPherson had a career 85% FG percentage with a long of 55, so he has the leg and accuracy needed. Jose Borregales from Miami is another strong option.

7) Tony Poljan, TE Virginia (6'7", 265 lb) - Big TE who used to be a QB. He had steady production at Virginia, putting up 907 yards and 10 TDs on 71 receptions between 2019 and 2020. He's not very fluid or athletic, but he will probably appeal to Taylor as a big blocker who can also be a safety net at TE3.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would be ok with this draft. Looks good.
Reply/Quote
I love it. About the only way it could get better is if Quinn Meinerz was in there, but someone else (Probably Brown) would have to go. Well done.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 04:09 PM)Emeritus Wrote: First & foremost I respect what you do in the draft sector always have. One of the originals

Now even you know that you had to put more work in after round 2. Your work is usually complete & March mock was better .. Just sayin. You stopped at round two dude. I've always loved your work. 

Not sure what you mean?
I assume you're not a fan of Carman, Jones, and/or the Rd 5-7 guys?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 04:28 PM)Emeritus Wrote: I think its too rich to take Carman there when you have a guy right up the hill who's better. (James Hudson)
I'm not by no means saying your wrong. As far as the Pitt defensive line I'll take the one with the best bench press.

Ok.
Just because we have a difference of opinion doesn't mean I "need to put in more work."
I went with Carman because the Bengals need a long-term guard, and I think he's a better guard fit than someone like Hudson. I also have Carman ranked higher than Hudson in general. Hudson seems like a Rd 3-4 developmental OT guy to me. 
In terms of getting a pass rusher, I'd rather get a guy who has more athleticism, speed, and variety of moves over someone who is stronger. Strength can be built.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 03:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 7) Tony Poljan, TE Virginia (6'7", 265 lb) - Big TE who used to be a QB. He had steady production at Virginia, putting up 907 yards and 10 TDs on 71 receptions between 2019 and 2020. He's not very fluid or athletic, but he will probably appeal to Taylor as a big blocker who can also be a safety net at TE3.

I know this guy is 7th round but I'm not impressed with him at all.

Dude looks slow AF and more like a tweener Lineman-FB.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 03:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While I'm #TeamPitts, I realize he's the least likely option between him, Chase, and Sewell.

I've already done a mock where I posted a pass catcher in Rd 1, so I decided to do one where Sewell was the selection.

1) Penei Sewell, OT Oregon (6'5", 325 lb) - Bengals don't take the risk on waiting until 38 to get a guy who can take over RT in 2022 after Reiff's contract is up, so they play it safe and go Sewell even though a pass catcher is appetizing. They could choose to play Sewell at OG as a rookie, which could be especially valuable since he didn't play football in over a year.

2) Dyami Brown, WR UNC (6'1", 195 lb) - Good deep threat who is a real playmaker (20 YPR). Also perfectly willing to go across the middle in traffic. I like the idea of putting Brown with Higgins and Boyd.

3) Jackson Carman, OL Clemson (6'5", 345 lb) - Massive guy who covered LT duties at Clemson. He struggled some with edge rushers and his arm length is under 33", so he likely needs to move to OG. I really like Carman coming in to compete for one of the OG positions, and he can play OT in an emergency.

4) Patrick Jones, DE Pitt (6'4", 264 lb) - Ideal fit as a 4-3 DE who showcased a variety of pass rushing moves, athleticism, and bend in college. Needs work to getting off blocks and add strength, as he can get beat by a single defender. By having Hendrickson and Hubbard, Jones can be part of a rotation while he continues to bulk up and work on his improving his deficiencies.

5) Marlon Tuipulotu, DT USC (6'2", 308 lb) - Versatile IDL who can play both 3T and 1T. Very sound, well-rounded player who wins with leverage. Tuipulotu can rotate with Ogunjobi as a rookie. If Tuipulotu is not here at this pick, I think there will be a few other DTs worth taking.

6) Alaric Jackson, OL Iowa (6'5", 318 lb) - Played OT at Iowa, but has a severe lack of length to stick outside in the NFL. However, he has the athleticism and ability that he could develop into a good OG. With ideal development, I think he and Carman can be the Bengals' starting OG tandem of the future.

6-HOU) Evan McPherson, K Florida (5'11", 185 lb) - Arguably the top K in the draft. McPherson had a career 85% FG percentage with a long of 55, so he has the leg and accuracy needed. Jose Borregales from Miami is another strong option.

7) Tony Poljan, TE Virginia (6'7", 265 lb) - Big TE who used to be a QB. He had steady production at Virginia, putting up 907 yards and 10 TDs on 71 receptions between 2019 and 2020. He's not very fluid or athletic, but he will probably appeal to Taylor as a big blocker who can also be a safety net at TE3.

Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri  6'6 245 ran a 4.62 40 and can punt also....rather a flyer on him in the 7th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpz56lCR7TE&t=116s
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 04:09 PM)Emeritus Wrote: First & foremost I respect what you do in the draft sector always have. One of the originals

Now even you know that you had to put more work in after round 2. Your work is usually complete & March mock was better .. Just sayin. You stopped at round two dude. I've always loved your work. These folks will give you hell but if you go o-line 2 of 3 then thats a win...

(04-01-2021, 06:59 PM)Emeritus Wrote: I never really said that you were on a bad track or anything. I said I admire your work. Get it.

Maybe this wasn't your intent, but the way I interpret what you said in bold is that I was lazy or haven't done enough research on prospects based on the selections I made. So I took that kind as kind of a jab.
I'm not sure if others would interpret it that way, but that's what it sounds like to me.
If it's meant to be a compliment, it sounds like backhanded compliment.

The only guy who I'd say was "new" for me (as in just discovering just a week or so ago), it was the 7th round TE, Poljan. As rocker said, he's slow, but he makes catches and blocks, which is about all that the Bengals seem to care about in their TEs. I've known about and liked all of Sewell, Brown, Carman, and Jones since back in Fall 2020.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 07:20 PM)pulses Wrote: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri  6'6 245 ran a 4.62 40 and can punt also....rather a flyer on him in the 7th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpz56lCR7TE&t=116s

That'd be fine too.
Honestly, a 7th rounder is basically useless. Very rarely does a 7th rounder even make a roster. But I had to pick someone.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Nice job Ocho.

Here’s a te flyer to keep an eye on:
[Image: b7e7b3f5c0d2d015d90011ca7c6c79b3.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 08:09 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Nice job Ocho.

Here’s a te flyer to keep an eye on:
[Image: b7e7b3f5c0d2d015d90011ca7c6c79b3.jpg]

TE? Dude is only 212 lbs. he’s pure WR right now.

Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not a bad draft, I love the first two picks for sure, as well as some of the others. I would have liked to seen at least one DB in there, somewhere.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 11:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not a bad draft, I love the first two picks for sure, as well as some of the others.  I would have liked to seen at least one DB in there, somewhere.

There were times in previous months prior to FA where I was mocking at least a CB and S, sometimes two CBs.
However, with the additions of Awuzie, Hilton, Apple, and Allen, I felt like the Bengals could skip DB this year and focus on the trenches.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 09:46 AM)ochocincos Wrote: There were times in previous months prior to FA where I was mocking at least a CB and S, sometimes two CBs.
However, with the additions of Awuzie, Hilton, Apple, and Allen, I felt like the Bengals could skip DB this year and focus on the trenches.

Fair enough, I guess it just hadn't sunken in to me that they signed 4 DBs..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 09:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Fair enough, I guess it just hadn't sunken in to me that they signed 4 DBs..

Yea it was a lot.

S: Bell, Bates, Wilson, Allen
CB: Waynes, Awuzie, Hilton, Phillips, Apple, Brown/Davis

They might want to get someone late to replace Brown/Davis, but I think basically the DBs are set.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I liked it Ocho! Really liked the Jones pick! Also like the intent of getting good OL for future guards. I believe there is a big difference from tackle to guard play. I don't like the idea of taking a tackle and expecting him to be a plug and play guard. I know Whit did it, but he was out of this world.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 06:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I liked it Ocho! Really liked the Jones pick! Also like the intent of getting good OL for future guards. I believe there is a big difference from tackle to guard play. I don't like the idea of taking a tackle and expecting him to be a plug and play guard. I know Whit did it, but he was out of this world.

I think Carman can be a plug and play guard, but you're right not all guys can do that shift.There aren’t hardly any other OL I’d prefer who I think could play OG well in the 3rd rd.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Love it. Especially 1-4
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 07:08 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I know this guy is 7th round but I'm not impressed with him at all.

Dude looks slow AF and more like a tweener Lineman-FB.

Yea he’s hot garbage. Draft Kenny Yeboah
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 10:54 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Yea he’s hot garbage. Draft Kenny Yeboah

Hot garbage is exaggerated for Poljan. 900 yards and 10 TDs in 22 games is nothing to scoff at. Any 7th rounder is very likely not making the roster anyway, but if they do, it’s going to likely be the last spot at their position. Poljan would be a fine TE3 who could become a TE2 in time.

Kenny Yeboah would be fine too, but I see him projected in 5-6 round. Not sure if he makes it to 7th rd.

Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote