Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know I said I had quit, but....
(08-11-2018, 01:01 AM)grampahol Wrote: Drink single malt and you'll probably drink a little quicker or at least I did.  Then again I burnt out those taste buds years ago so whisky doesn't really have that 'hot' taste to me anymore.  I don't like vodka .I do like tequila straight , but it doesn't like me.. I get too aggressive with tequila and want to hit things and people . 

Tequila does the samething to me. I get pissed rather easy and look for someone to look at me wrong. I should say I did, now I don't touch that stuff. 
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 08:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One main reason I drink scotch and whiskey straight now is because I drink slower.

I learned this last Christmas when I started drinking vodka and cranberry at a party.  They tasted like candy and I had drank A LOT before I realized it.

Never aquired the taste for scotch. Whiskey is my go to when I want to relax. Beer is never enough, but like you said whiskey should be enjoyed and not slammed.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 02:32 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Never aquired the taste for scotch. Whiskey is my go to when I want to relax. Beer is never enough, but like you said whiskey should be enjoyed and not slammed.

Never liked Scotch (also a whiskey) myself.  I haven't had a drink in a long long time, but if someone said I could drink responsibly but only Scotch I might have to pass.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Something wrong with you non-scotch drinkers.. I can't quite put my finger on it though .
It was the first booze I swiped from the old man then tried to get away with watering it down all those years ago.  Between that and opening up the bottom of packs of cigarettes and swiping 1 or 2 out of the pack then resealing them I was a regular John Dillinger of my folks vices.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 04:22 AM)grampahol Wrote: Something wrong with you non-scotch drinkers.. I can't quite put my finger on it though .
It was the first booze I swiped from the old man then tried to get away with watering it down all those years ago.  Between that and opening up the bottom of packs of cigarettes and swiping 1 or 2 out of the pack then resealing them I was a regular John Dillinger of my folks vices.. lol

I like a good scotch every now and then, more of a bourbon man myself.  My old man gave up drinking when I was probably 7yo but he kept smoking. So when I did get older I did swipe a pack out of the carton every now and then, banking on that he wouldn't remember how many he'd taken out. The key was waiting for the carton to be about half full, he'd know if it was just opened or nearly empty.  Ironically he gave up smoking probably nearly 25yrs ago, but now he enjoys a drink now and then and usually it's just one and done but he's also 72yo now.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 11:27 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Will take some California chronic over both though.

Now that is some smooth stuff.

You have to mix all 3 of them... You're doing it wrong. How does the song go? One blunt, one Scotch, and one beer?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 02:39 PM)jason Wrote: You have to mix all 3 of them... You're doing it wrong. How does the song go? One blunt, one Scotch, and one beer?

One blunt

Three scotch

One hot tub

Priceless.
Reply/Quote