Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the umpteenth time .. IT'S THE FRONT OFFICE!!!
It's been said ad-nauseum, but after the way the front office 'handled' the timing of the Dalton benching, how can any fan not see that nothing will change with MB!!

Crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which fills up faster!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:13 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It's been said ad-nauseum, but after the way the front office 'handled' the timing of the Dalton benching, how can any fan not see that nothing will change with MB!!

I agree the FO should have benched him two years ago. G@@ Dam!@# Front Office.
Reply/Quote
No doubt. This front office has lost a generation of fans already, and I never thought I'd say this but after last weeks debacle I'm getting to the point where I no longer care.

And that is saying something since I am one of the biggest homers around. I found myself thinking last weekend that Indy could become my new team. And for no other reason than I finally reached a point where I don't think it will ever change with the current ownership group - even after MB moves on. Guess it took me longer than most sane people!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:13 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It's been said ad-nauseum, but after the way the front office 'handled' the timing of the Dalton benching, how can any fan not see that nothing will change with MB!!

Yep agree. I can’t believe they believed a QB out of TCU with no arm n the pocket awareness of a ground squirrel would ever lead the Bengals to the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 12:10 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Yep agree.  I can’t believe they believed a QB out of TCU with no arm n the pocket awareness of a ground squirrel would ever lead the Bengals to the Super Bowl.

I rest my case.  You think this comes down to ONE player!!

Coaches and players have changed MANY times since 1991!

The ONLY common denominator is MB AND the Front Office!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:54 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: No doubt.  This front office has lost a generation of fans already, and I never thought I'd say this but after last weeks debacle I'm getting to the point where I no longer care.  

And that is saying something since I am one of the biggest homers around.  I found myself thinking last weekend that Indy could become my new team.  And for no other reason than I finally reached a point where I don't think it will ever change with the current ownership group - even after MB moves on.  Guess it took me longer than most sane people!

Every since the preferential treatment I've seen in the officiating over the last several years AND the kneeling fiasco that was poorly handled, I quit following the NFL with the exception of the Bengals.

I have not watched a singled game this season and have no clue who is leading which division.

I live 2 hours south of Tampa, and if they pick up Dalton, with the team they have already in place, I may start following them and their website!

After all, the did win a SB with Brad Johnson as the QB.  Yes, they had every other position solid as a rock around him, including a stellar defense and special teams, and STILL won with a C- QB.
Reply/Quote
You saying front office is the issue is too wide ranging you must pin point the problem. The issue is Duke Tobin this guy is a joke during preseason games its just painful to listen to him babble on he is an embarrassment. Our draft has fallen off greatly recently he can not spot talent but he can damn sure spot an injured first round pick that will ride the pine at least the first year. Many of them are not even good players that other teams pass on we have been drafting for need and not best player on the board recently as well. When you build through the draft you can not miss on picks year after year.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 12:31 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Every since the preferential treatment I've seen in the officiating over the last several years AND the kneeling fiasco that was poorly handled, I quit following the NFL with the exception of the Bengals.

No one on the Bengals took a knee and that would have been a great opportunity to get fans of others teams with kneelers to convert to Bengals fans, and yet nothing like that happened.  
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:21 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: You saying front office is the issue is too wide ranging you must pin point the problem. The issue is Duke Tobin this guy is a joke during preseason games its just painful to listen to him babble on he is an embarrassment. Our draft has fallen off greatly recently he can not spot talent but he can damn sure spot an injured first round pick that will ride the pine at least the first year. Many of them are not even good players that other teams pass on we have been drafting for need and not best player on the board recently as well. When you build through the draft you can not miss on picks year after year.

Who is the one who has the power to hire and fire ANYONE?

(This isn’t rocket science)

All of the above post is Mike Brown’s responsibility!

CASE CLOSED!
Reply/Quote
Nah Its Aliens
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
You're preaching to the choir. Well mostly, outside of those wanting to blame Dalton for everything.

But their credibility is shaky at best given they don't seem to get the big picture, and thus can only focus on one player (the one player who happened to be the qb of the team that gave us the best 5 year run in generations).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

My wife and I ran a business for 13 years so I have that in common with the Brown clan.  What I observed is we put in as much work as needed to extract the money we wanted from the business and not one extra effort beyond that.  Many times when the money rolled in we dialed back our efforts as needed, other times dialed it up when the money was harder to get.  The Browns are no different.  They have a sweet deal going between the local subsidies keeping the stadium maintained, the NFL subsidies via TV revenue, branding and food sales at the stadium, ticket sales, etc.  It gives them a wealthy rich life without ever being successful in the playoffs over the last 20 years.

Why put extra money into scouting, analytics, computers, travel, per diems, hotel expenses when its not needed to live a great life earning more money than you know what to do with?    That is money could have gone to the Brown clan.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:57 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: My wife and I ran a business for 13 years so I have that in common with the Brown clan.  What I observed is we put in as much work as needed to extract the money we wanted from the business and not one extra effort beyond that.  Many times when the money rolled in we dialed back our efforts as needed, other times dialed it up when the money was harder to get.  The Browns are no different.  They have a sweet deal going between the local subsidies keeping the stadium maintained, the NFL subsidies via TV revenue, branding and food sales at the stadium, ticket sales, etc.  It gives them a wealthy rich life without ever being successful in the playoffs over the last 20 years.

Why put extra money into scouting, analytics, computers, travel, per diems, hotel expenses when its not needed to live a great life earning more money than you know what to do with?    That is money could have gone to the Brown clan.

This. Sooooo ...... unless they sell this franchise, NOTHING changes!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 12:10 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Yep agree.  I can’t believe they believed a QB out of TCU with no arm n the pocket awareness of a ground squirrel would ever lead the Bengals to the Super Bowl.

What did squirrels do to you? They don't deserve that comparison.
Reply/Quote
Sadly I'm more invested in my fantasy team then my hometown team anymore due to decades of Mike Brown's b.s.
I hate being so apathetic but there is no reason to get excited about the team anymore when you just know deep down inside that the son of a ***** running the joint cares only about lining his own pockets with winning being a distant second.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 12:26 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I rest my case.  You think this comes down to ONE player!!

Coaches and players have changed MANY times since 1991!

The ONLY common denominator is MB AND the Front Office!

Palmer said it all when he mentioned you have to play nearly perfect football to have a chance here.  That's asking a lot of anyone.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 02:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Palmer said it all when he mentioned you have to play nearly perfect football to have a chance here.  That's asking a lot of anyone.

And we've seen that the past 2 years where a few injuries destroy the team.

Yeah injuries to key players should make you worse...but not 0-8 worse.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 02:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And we've seen that the past 2 years where a few injuries destroy the team.

Right.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 02:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And we've seen that the past 2 years where a few injuries destroy the team.

I think everyone realized before the season started that we lacked depth. When that is the case, every injury is significant.

Reply/Quote
I think this has been mentioned before...in every single thread on at least the first 5 pages of Jungle Noise.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote