Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the umpteenth time .. IT'S THE FRONT OFFICE!!!
(11-06-2019, 02:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: What exactly was the issue with the way they handled the Dalton benching?

Wasn't he told on the first full day of practice after the team got back from London?  

The problem is, IMHO, like the majority of the time there was no real plan, they just kinda wing it. Mostly because MB won't let there be a plan.

Most new HC's want to start fresh with "their QB" especially offensive new HC's. ZT couldn't come in and fix it all in a shortened amount of time, most people get that, however. 

They moved up to draft Finley so it seems they had an added interest in seeing what he's got. So they say to themselves if we start out and just can't get it going with Dalton by game 6 we're going to shop him to trade for picks, before the deadline. We know from last couple seasons Dalton is most likely not going to be our answer moving forward. If we're bad enough we may shop others as well, and admit it's a rebuild.

But MB has a stick way to far up his @#$ to be proactive and forward think like that.

They could have done better by Dalton, but in the same breath AD had to know it was coming.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It’s amazing how some of these other teams seem to win with average QBs at best.

Joe Flacco

Brad Johnson

Trent Dilfer

Matt Cassel

Eli Manning

I guess once he’s gone after this year there will still be guys in here pissing and moaning about Andy Dalton!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 06:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: See me 9 years from now after we've gone to the playoff's 5 straight times.

Forgive me if you guys have lost credibility after pushing the likes of McCarron/Driskel/Haskins etc on us as QB's better than Dalton.

But we'll see. It's possible this new QB will lead us to 5 straight playoff seasons. If not, yall got some explainin to do.

It's equally likely we won't see a run like that for the next 25 years or so (if ever).

Way to take a stand, dawg. This way, you're right...right or wrong, but those that wanted Dalton out "got some explainin to do"...

Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 02:53 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It was 3 hours before trade deadline.

It doesn't really matter when it happened. His agent could look for 2 weeks but the Bengals were not going to trade him.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 03:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It doesn't really matter when it happened. His agent could look for 2 weeks but the Bengals were not going to trade him.

You heard it first folks.

Quotes from Mike Brown himself!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 01:52 PM)SladeX Wrote: Dalton's not the ultimate problem with this team. It is time to move on from him.
The Brown Gang wants to place ultimate accountability everywhere except where it truly belongs, for some perverse reason. Well, this joke of a FO is very much alive and well. Skiing in the Alps. You know, networking and doing football stuff.

Too bad we don't have a Jerry Jones or Robert Kraft who are billionaires. We are handicapped by being represented by a man whos main focus is the bottom line not the o-line. He is as loyal  an owner could be when it comes to his own aging players but refuses to invest in top tier free agents. Unless he changes I believe there will be many empty seats for a long time.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 03:02 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It’s amazing how some of these other teams seem to win with average QBs at best.

Joe Flacco

Brad Johnson

Trent Dilfer

Matt Cassel

Eli Manning

I guess once he’s gone after this year there will still be guys in here pissing and moaning about Andy Dalton!
Tom Brady, Ben Rothlesberger, Drew Breeze, Peyton Manning boy were those franchises stupid for paying all those players. BTW Flacco was the highest paid QB in the league at one time and Andy never came close to what he accomplished in Baltimore. Andy is dead to us. If he returns from the dead to help a better team than the Bengals more power to him.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 03:36 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: You heard it first folks.

Quotes from Mike Brown himself!

Youuuuu son of a...  Rant

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:41 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Who is the one who has the power to hire and fire ANYONE?

(This isn’t rocket science)

All of the above post is Mike Brown’s responsibility!

CASE CLOSED!
Who's job is it to find talent in the draft Tobin that is his only job since we don't do FA or trades.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 11:14 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Who's job is it to find talent in the draft Tobin that is his only job since we don't do FA or trades.

Who is the one who dictates how much staff Tobin gets to scout draft picks?

I am not defending Tobin, but he is working with half the normal NFL scouting staff and there is a fair chance the guys he does have are not exactly cream of the crop. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 11:14 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Who's job is it to find talent in the draft Tobin that is his only job since we don't do FA or trades.

Well then MB should fire him and hire someone else!

What is so hard to understand about that?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 06:02 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Tom Brady, Ben Rothlesberger, Drew Breeze, Peyton Manning boy were those franchises stupid for paying all those players. BTW Flacco was the highest paid QB in the league at one time and Andy never came close to what he accomplished in Baltimore. Andy is dead to us. If he returns from the dead to help a better team than the Bengals more power to him.

What Flacco accomplished??

Pllleeeeaaaassseeee!

Flacco had a defense that wouldn't quit and the second best HC in the league!

Dalton's gone for crap sake.  I hope this will be the end of all this complaining about him.

Marvin's gone, Dalton's on his way out, and this team is and will still be a hot mess!

If you can't see that nothing changes unless the Browns sell the franchise then you can continue to wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which ones fills up first!!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 08:19 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually “we” won’t. What the benching and the totally classless way it was handled showed was front office stupidity and tone deafness. What the reaction of some people here has shown is they are classless people. 

I support the decision to start Finley but also state they handled Andy VERY poorly in this. 

Why did they handle it poorly? They weren't going to trade AD.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:45 PM)J24 Wrote: Nah Its Aliens

Astral plane/space/time continuum.. Mikey traveled back in time before anyone had even thought of football then returned as Paul Brown's son.. While he was away he bought an NFL franchise called the Bincinnati Cengals. Just keeping things in perspective for everyone.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 12:07 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: What Flacco accomplished??

Pllleeeeaaaassseeee!

Flacco had a defense that wouldn't quit and the second best HC in the league!

Dalton's gone for crap sake.  I hope this will be the end of all this complaining about him.

Marvin's gone, Dalton's on his way out, and this team is and will still be a hot mess!

If you can't see that nothing changes unless the Browns sell the franchise then you can continue to wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which ones fills up first!!

How about a Super Bowl MVP???

People here act like Dalton should be in Canton for being in the regular season MVP discussion in the middle of a season, and we’re going to downplay what Flacco did? Priceless lol

Reply/Quote
Is umpteenth a trick question like How many is a brazilian? You could have said, "for the brazilianth time..."
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 09:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How about a Super Bowl MVP???

People here act like Dalton should be in Canton for being in the regular season MVP discussion in the middle of a season, and we’re going to downplay what Flacco did? Priceless lol

What people think that Dalton should be in Canton? Don't say generic things without specifics!

You think Flacco gets a SB MVP with this franchise???   PRICELESS!!!   Hilarious

Not to mention he's on a 3-6 terror with the Broncos!

It's the FRANCHISE!

He was with the second best franchise in the league who decided they had a much, much better QB in Jackson and weren't afraid to make the move to win!

The Pats went 11-5 with Matt Cassel. (The best franchise in the league)

WHY?  It's the FRANCHISE!!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:45 PM)J24 Wrote: Nah Its Aliens

don't blame me for this mess
Reply/Quote