Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the umpteenth time .. IT'S THE FRONT OFFICE!!!
(11-05-2019, 01:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No one on the Bengals took a knee and that would have been a great opportunity to get fans of others teams with kneelers to convert to Bengals fans, and yet nothing like that happened.  

Maybe not, but certainly retained a few.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown’s organization is built on the principal that winning is desired but isn’t really that big of a deal. His employees reflect that.

Blow it up, him included.
Reply/Quote
Only 7 more years, then the nightmare ends. Let’s hope the NFL is looking to expand around 2026.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 03:03 PM)HuDey Wrote: Mike Brown’s organization is built on the principal that winning is desired but isn’t really that big of a deal. His employees reflect that.

Blow it up, him included.

I would argue 'desired' is too strong a word for this ownership.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: You're preaching to the choir. Well mostly, outside of those wanting to blame Dalton for everything.

But their credibility is shaky at best given they don't seem to get the big picture, and thus can only focus on one player (the one player who happened to be the qb of the team that gave us the best 5 year run in generations).

I guess if they kept your boy Andy as the QB he would be a great GM? OK then.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:41 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Who is the one who has the power to hire and fire ANYONE?

(This isn’t rocket science)

All of the above post is Mike Brown’s responsibility!

CASE CLOSED!
Yep! Some folks get tired of us beating that same old dead horse around here, but what do they expect when Mike Brown trots out the same ol' tired nag year after year.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 05:54 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I guess if they kept your boy Andy as the QB he would be a great GM? OK then.

See me 9 years from now after we've gone to the playoff's 5 straight times.

Forgive me if you guys have lost credibility after pushing the likes of McCarron/Driskel/Haskins etc on us as QB's better than Dalton.

But we'll see. It's possible this new QB will lead us to 5 straight playoff seasons. If not, yall got some explainin to do.

It's equally likely we won't see a run like that for the next 25 years or so (if ever).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 06:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: See me 9 years from now after we've gone to the playoff's 5 straight times.

Forgive me if you guys have lost credibility after pushing the likes of McCarron/Driskel/Haskins etc on us as QB's better than Dalton.

But we'll see. It's possible this new QB will lead us to 5 straight playoff seasons. If not, yall got some explainin to do.

It's equally likely we won't see a run like that for the next 25 years or so (if ever).

It kills me how The Dalton Gang can be so damned pissed off about benching a QB who hasn't accomplished anything in almost a decade and in the next breath roar about the FO. You crow how your boy took us to five straight playoff games but can't understand that he also lost those five straight PO games. I don't really care about getting to the POs as much as I want to win more than the consolation prize five years in a row.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 06:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: See me 9 years from now after we've gone to the playoff's 5 straight times.

Shush em up jj... The Driskell should be the starter moving forward thread last year was priceless. Even better that it was started after we'd seen him play.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 07:20 PM)jason Wrote: Shush em up jj... The Driskell should be the starter moving forward thread last year was priceless. Even better that it was started after we'd seen him play.

Well at least he won one game. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 07:20 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: It kills me how The Dalton Gang can be so damned pissed off about benching a QB who hasn't accomplished anything in almost a decade and in the next breath roar about the FO. You crow how your boy took us to five straight playoff games but can't understand that he also lost those five straight PO games. I don't really care about getting to the POs as much as I want to win more than the consolation prize five years in a row.

22 players on the field in those playoff games that you don't care about, but Andy Dalton lost those games huh? Makes sense to me...

We're still gonna be hearing about this mother****er 5 years from now on here aren't we? Andy Dalton is done here. He's gonna move on to another team, but we'll still be pissing and moaning about how he didn't do anything, and calling him a girl, *****, coward and all that.

In before someone says no other team would have him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 07:22 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Well at least he won one game. 

Well... That's awesome. What's he doing nowadays?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 07:33 PM)jason Wrote: 22 players on the field in those playoff games that you don't care about, but Andy Dalton lost those games huh? Makes sense to me...

We're still gonna be hearing about this mother****er 5 years from now on here aren't we? Andy Dalton is done here. He's gonna move on to another team, but we'll still be pissing and moaning about how he didn't do anything, and calling him a girl, *****, coward and all that.

In before someone says no other team would have him.

When Driskell lost last year was he the only one on the field? You and the rest of the Dalton Gang push excuse after excuse why it wasn't Andy's fault for the teams losses. Then the next sentence you blame a rookie QB for not being Johnny U. Your arguements just keeping funnier and funnier.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 07:20 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: It kills me how The Dalton Gang can be so damned pissed off about benching a QB who hasn't accomplished anything in almost a decade

Not sure what you are talking about.  Everyone here said Finley should be given a shot.  The only complaints are about how the front office handled it.  Many people think that they could have traded Andy.

If I am mistaken please tell me who said Dalton should not have been benched.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 07:43 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Then the next sentence you blame a rookie QB for not being Johnny U. Your arguements just keeping funnier and funnier.

What argument are you talking about?

Who is blaming Driskell for anything?

All we are saying is that the people who claimed Driskell was better than Dalton were really stupid.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 07:22 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Well at least he won one game. 

Yes.  One of our six victories.

What is your point?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 07:34 PM)jason Wrote: Well... That's awesome. What's he doing nowadays?

Lions back up. What else you got?
Reply/Quote

The five-year playoff run the Bengals had is something any team would be proud of. In my opinion, much of the credit went to the quality offensive and defensive coordinators Cincinnati had at the time. I’m talking primarily about Jay Gruden, Hue Jackson, and especially Mike Zimmer. I will even give Paul Guenther credit here.

Realistically, it takes all 53 members of a team to win a Super Bowl. If a starter goes down the backup has to be almost as good. Andy Dalton has lost his offensive line and with that he has lost his edge as well as his confidence. He’s not the same MVP-level player we saw in 2015; that’s clear. It’s time to see what Ryan Finley can do because there are more pressing issues than quarterback Cincinnati must address via the draft this upcoming spring. I hope he lights it up, personally. Then we can draft who we need on the offensive line, on the defensive line, and pick up some fast linebackers.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 07:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  One of our six victories.

What is your point?

My point is he was 1-6 while Your Boy Andy is 0-8 in games since he returned. Got it?? 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 07:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What argument are you talking about?

Who is blaming Driskell for anything?

All we are saying is that the people who claimed Driskell was better than Dalton were really stupid.

Some would argue that the line-up that Driskell was working with was worse than what Dalton has had thus far this season.Driskell was working with the bottom of the pile receivers, Not to mention a terrible offensive line.Compare the players Dalton had, As opposed to what Driskell had. Dalton had the better lineup yet he is 0-8.
Reply/Quote