Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the umpteenth time .. IT'S THE FRONT OFFICE!!!
(11-05-2019, 07:33 PM)jason Wrote: 22 players on the field in those playoff games that you don't care about, but Andy Dalton lost those games huh? Makes sense to me...

We're still gonna be hearing about this mother****er 5 years from now on here aren't we? Andy Dalton is done here. He's gonna move on to another team, but we'll still be pissing and moaning about how he didn't do anything, and calling him a girl, *****, coward and all that.

In before someone says no other team would have him.

Actually “we” won’t. What the benching and the totally classless way it was handled showed was front office stupidity and tone deafness. What the reaction of some people here has shown is they are classless people. 

I support the decision to start Finley but also state they handled Andy VERY poorly in this. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: You're preaching to the choir. Well mostly, outside of those wanting to blame Dalton for everything.

But their credibility is shaky at best given they don't seem to get the big picture, and thus can only focus on one player (the one player who happened to be the qb of the team that gave us the best 5 year run in generations).

DingDing
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 08:15 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Some would argue that the line-up that Driskell was working with was worse than what Dalton has had thus far this season.Driskell was working with the bottom of the pile receivers, Not to mention a terrible offensive line.Compare the players Dalton had, As opposed to what Driskell had. Dalton had the better lineup yet he is 0-8.

1. Dalton has all of the above + the worst run game in franchise history. Our run game was respectable last year.

2. Driskel won 1 game over a tanking Raiders team. Not sure what we're trying to prove here.

We ran for 171 and passed for 123 in that game. Driskel was along for the ride.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm tempted to apply for a $10 million govt. grant to study the failures of the Bengals and how it affects an entire city and beyond. I know it would be easily approved because of how our govt. works. Hehe
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 08:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The five-year playoff run the Bengals had is something any team would be proud of. In my opinion, much of the credit went to the quality offensive and defensive coordinators Cincinnati had at the time.  I’m talking primarily about Jay Gruden, Hue Jackson, and especially Mike Zimmer. I will even give Paul Guenther credit here.

Realistically, it takes all 53 members of a team to win a Super Bowl.  If a starter goes down the backup has to be almost as good.  Andy Dalton has lost his offensive line and with that he has lost his edge as well as his confidence.  He’s not the same MVP-level player we saw in 2015; that’s clear.  It’s time to see what Ryan Finley can do because there are more pressing issues than quarterback Cincinnati must address via the draft this upcoming spring.  I hope he lights it up, personally.  Then we can draft who we need on the offensive line, on the defensive line, and pick up some fast linebackers.

We were the 12th best team in the NFL for 5 years in a row. That's trophy worthy!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 08:15 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Some would argue that the line-up that Driskell was working with was worse than what Dalton has had thus far this season.Driskell was working with the bottom of the pile receivers, Not to mention a terrible offensive line.Compare the players Dalton had, As opposed to what Driskell had. Dalton had the better lineup yet he is 0-8.

Taylor is the worst coach in the league and he has the worst staff in the league.

IF we had a legit coaching staff...we'd likely have several wins now.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 10:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We were the 12th best team in the NFL for 5 years in a row. That's trophy worthy!
Participation trophies for the Bengals and their fans, stick mine where the sun don't shine.

n                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 08:07 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: My point is he was 1-6 while Your Boy Andy is 0-8 in games since he returned. Got it?? 

He was 1-6 with a totally different O-line and a much better running game.

So I "get" that you don't have a point.
Reply/Quote

Hilarious This has to be a joke.

In Driskels 6 games as the starter/primary QB the Bengals averaged 130 yards rushing and 5.0 per carry.  In the 8 games this year they have averaged 59.5 yards (on pace for the worst total in modern NFL history) and 3.2 per carry.

Last years O-line only allowed a sack percentage of 5.4% when Dalton at QB.  This year there has been an almost 50% increase to 7.9%.

And the receivers have been pretty much the same.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 09:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He was 1-6 with a totally different O-line and a much better running game.

So I "get" that you don't have a point.

When you list supporting cast means a lot. You want to highlight the woes of the line but at the end of the year Driskell had both starting wrs  out and was down to the #4 TE. My point is DALTON IS DEAD to this organization and cry and stomp your feet all you want to he is history. That's my point. GET IT!!!! BTW he was 1-5 and lost those games by a total of 31 points Dalton lost two games alone that year by  a total of 80 points.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 11:05 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: When you list supporting cast means a lot. You want to highlight the woes of the line but at the end of the year Driskell had both starting wrs  out and was down to the #4 TE. My point is DALTON IS DEAD to this organization and cry and stomp your feet all you want to he is history. That's my point. GET IT!!!! BTW he was 1-5 and lost those games by a total of 31 points Dalton lost two games alone that year by  a total of 80 points.

No one here is more obsessed with Dalton than you.

No one here makes more posts about Dalton than you.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 07:43 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: When Driskell lost last year was he the only one on the field? You and the rest of the Dalton Gang push excuse after excuse why it wasn't Andy's fault for the teams losses. Then the next sentence you blame a rookie QB for not being Johnny U. Your arguements just keeping funnier and funnier.

He wasn't a rookie.....but I digress.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 11:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: He wasn't a rookie.....but I digress.....

He never started a game before being thrown to the wolves last year. Dalton has had over 100 starts and was 0-8 when benched. Whats your point? THE DALTON GANG wants to split hairs but the fact remains Dalton is dead to us . Get over it.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 11:57 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: He never started a game before being thrown to the wolves last year. Dalton has had over 100 starts and was 0-8 when benched. Whats your point? THE DALTON GANG wants to split hairs but the fact remains Dalton is dead to us . Get over it.

Point was, he wasn't a rookie. I'm just a fan of facts, that's all. Also, as I told you once before, I ain't in any gangs....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 11:57 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: He never started a game before being thrown to the wolves last year. Dalton has had over 100 starts and was 0-8 when benched. Whats your point? THE DALTON GANG wants to split hairs but the fact remains Dalton is dead to us . Get over it.

Dalton likely dead to the Bengals, Driskel is dead to the Bengals, Ryan Finley could be on life support should he falter in 2019.

This may all lead to a Rookie High Draft choice in 2020 which will put the Bulls Eye back onto the Front Office (and off of Dalton etc) as they have to ride or die with that 2020 rookie.

If the 2020 rookie fails then he will get compared to Driskel/Dalton/Finley even Carson & other QB's taken as high as he may be taken while the Front Office seeks his replacement.

Buckle up everyone  Tongue
Reply/Quote
Dalton's not the ultimate problem with this team. It is time to move on from him.
The Brown Gang wants to place ultimate accountability everywhere except where it truly belongs, for some perverse reason. Well, this joke of a FO is very much alive and well. Skiing in the Alps. You know, networking and doing football stuff.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:13 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It's been said ad-nauseum, but after the way the front office 'handled' the timing of the Dalton benching, how can any fan not see that nothing will change with MB!!

Crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which fills up faster!

What exactly was the issue with the way they handled the Dalton benching?

Wasn't he told on the first full day of practice after the team got back from London?  
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 02:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: What exactly was the issue with the way they handled the Dalton benching?

Wasn't he told on the first full day of practice after the team got back from London?  

Yes. That is the issue.  What does the first full day of practice have to do with telling Dalton he was benched?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 02:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes. That is the issue.  What does the first full day of practice have to do with telling Dalton he was benched?

The problem is, Dalton is not a difference maker. He’s an average QB at best, if he has protection. If he’s ask to win a game, it won’t happen. How many big games against good teams has he won? Not many, you could count on one hand. He can beat the bottom feeders, but don’t expect him to win the big game for you. He’s like a deer in the head lights and freezes in the pocket, staring down the field until he’s sacked. He’s not mobile enough to avoid a one man pass rush ,let alone 5 or 6 guys on a blitz.
Which explains why he can’t win the big game.  Dalton was out played in preseason, and yet he was guaranteed to start. It’s time to find out if Finley can play better, I’m betting he will. He’s mobile enough to avoid the pass rush, buy some time and get rid of the ball. How many times has Dalton thrown the ball out of bounds, not even a chance for pass interference. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 02:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes. That is the issue.  What does the first full day of practice have to do with telling Dalton he was benched?

It was 3 hours before trade deadline.
Reply/Quote