Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those against trading down...look with an open mind
Pulse I ran another simulation with your comments in mind. I do respect what you are saying about true speed so I tried to address it with in this simulation if I were able to. I also when a different direction to start our selections.

At 5 the Dolphins offered selections 18, 36, and 50. I took this offer. At 18 Tennessee offered selections 22 and 100 and I took this trade. This is how it went:

Round 1 - 22nd Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.pNMIjbGe1lIQbQr2Kg2oagHaEc&pid...=293&h=176]

Patrick Surtain II - CB - Alabama - 6'2" 202

This kid is poised to be an elite talent in the NFL for many years. Brings the entire package to the position as well as an NFL bloodline. He needs to polish up some technique issues but is about NFL ready as they come out of college. I believe he becomes a day 1 starter and will be a top tier, man-to-man, lockdown corner very quickly. With the loss of William Jackson this is a huge selection as well as upgrade.

Round 2 - 36th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.EedGjzZ9qy8y2Rqd54r1NgHaFq&pid...=224&h=172]

Alex Leatherwood - OT - Alabama - 6'5" 315

In the second I go back to the Crimson Tide and select Leatherwood. With the Bengals committed to Williams at LT we take Leatherwood to step in at RT. Leatherwood has been a model of consistency. Brings a complete game to the table. While he may not be elite at anything he is sound in virtually all facets of the game. Should have a really solid NFL career and the sort of guy that mans the position for many years. Should be the day 1 RT and offers the ability to swing to LT in emergency.

Round 2 - 38th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.wxyavj2ifUl8iFZibWmVSwHaE7&pid...=230&h=154]

Daviyon Nixon - DT - Iowa - 6'3" 305

Selected for the reasons previously mentioned. Day 1 starter next to Reader.

Round 2 - 50th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.iYl88KoqRssTeVExLVW8vAHaE4&pid...=237&h=157]

Creed Humphrey - C - Oklahoma - 6'5" 312

Selected for the reasons previously mentioned. Day 1 starter at C.

Round 3 - 69th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.3jvfFiE9YeYX4A3G-81megHaF7&pid...=210&h=169]

Patrick Jones - DE- Pitt - 6'5" 264

Selected for the reasons previously mentioned. Will be a good guy to rotate out with Hubbard and Hendrickson.

At 100 Atlanta proposed selections 108 and 148 for selection 100 and 233 and I took the offer.

Round 4 - 108th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.i1q5PadJPb8CqkcKPhcbzAHaE8&pid...=238&h=159]

Dyami Brown - WR - North Carolina - 6'1" 185

In a word...dynamic. Every thing you read and view show his strengths as explosion and deep speed. Gives the Bengals a different type receiver than they have now. While he may not run a 4.28 like Ross he has more than enough speed to get behind a defense. Has shown himself to have soft hands and good body control to make the difficult catch. A welcome addition to this receiving corp who should see time early in the season especially in Burrow's favorite formation the 5-wide.

Round 4 - 111th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.CKtRB1-DudHC4j3kowSpigHaE4&pid...=278&h=184]

Trey Sermon - RB - Ohio State - 6'0' 213

It could be argued that there was not a more valuable contributor to the Buckeyes stretch run than Sermon. Brings the whole package to the RB position. Can catch out of the backfield, outstanding vision, cutback ability, power, and speed. With Mixon coming off foot surgery Sermon could be vital to spelling Mixon and seeing plenty of time running the ball for this offense.

Round 5 - 149th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.ejYcBFP4kBjJh_hkHJ1-QgHaGA&pid...=203&h=165]

Marvin Wilson - DT - Florida State - 6'5" 305

Selected for the reasons previously mentioned.

Round 5 - 151st Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.tOAqPzRuvpCOU9stRjUTNgHaE8&pid...=243&h=163]

Chauncey Golston - DE - Iowa - 6'4" 268

Golston needs to continue to develop but has certainly shown some upside. Has the tools to develop into a starting NFL DE that could play at a high level. Should have a shot at making the 53 roster because of his versatility. Has shown at Iowa that he has the strength to move inside as a rusher on passing downs. Good solid addition to the rotation of this D line.

Round 6 - 189th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.VCDsq4jHeTL5m0I5biAE4QHaE4&pid...=253&h=168]

Jack Anderson - OG - Texas Tech - 6'4" 310

Anderson has been a very solid interior lineman for Texas Tech. Very powerful blocker and can play either OG position or C in an emergency. Anderson is very focused with a high football IQ and goes to the whistle on every down. I honestly feel like he could push to be a starter at OG and at the very least proves to be a very important lineman to have on the bench.

Round 6 - 192nd Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.cLfNsm7r3KWP8XuiUsdSSgHaEW&pid...=309&h=182]

Tamorrion Terry - WR - Florida State - 6'4" 203

No denying his speed...which can certainly generate vertical offense for a team. Great size to go with deep speed. Needs to continue to work on focus and technique in becoming a hands catcher. While you can't deny his speed you also cannot deny he has issues completing the catch. If you can get his kid past the drops and refine his hands you could have a special receiver.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 11:15 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Pulse I ran another simulation with your comments in mind. I do respect what you are saying about true speed so I tried to address it with in this simulation if I were able to. I also when a different direction to start our selections.

At 5 the Dolphins offered selections 18, 36, and 50. I took this offer. At 18 Tennessee offered selections 22 and 100 and I took this trade. This is how it went:

Round 1 - 22nd Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.pNMIjbGe1lIQbQr2Kg2oagHaEc&pid...=293&h=176]

Patrick Surtain II - CB - Alabama -  6'2" 202

This kid is poised to be an elite talent in the NFL for many years. Brings the entire package to the position as well as an NFL bloodline. He needs to polish up some technique issues but is about NFL ready as they come out of college. I believe he becomes a day 1 starter and will be a top tier, man-to-man, lockdown corner very quickly. With the loss of William Jackson this is a huge selection as well as upgrade.

Round 2 - 36th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.EedGjzZ9qy8y2Rqd54r1NgHaFq&pid...=224&h=172]

Alex Leatherwood - OT - Alabama - 6'5" 315

In the second I go back to the Crimson Tide and select Leatherwood. With the Bengals committed to Williams at LT we take Leatherwood to step in at RT. Leatherwood has been a model of consistency. Brings a complete game to the table. While he may not be elite at anything he is sound in virtually all facets of the game. Should have a really solid NFL career and the sort of guy that mans the position for many years. Should be the day 1 RT and offers the ability to swing to LT in emergency.

Round 2 - 38th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.wxyavj2ifUl8iFZibWmVSwHaE7&pid...=230&h=154]

Daviyon Nixon - DT - Iowa - 6'3" 305

Selected for the reasons previously mentioned. Day 1 starter next to Reader.

Round 2 - 50th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.iYl88KoqRssTeVExLVW8vAHaE4&pid...=237&h=157]

Creed Humphrey - C - Oklahoma - 6'5" 312

Selected for the reasons previously mentioned. Day 1 starter at C.

Round 3 - 69th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.3jvfFiE9YeYX4A3G-81megHaF7&pid...=210&h=169]

Patrick Jones - DE- Pitt - 6'5" 264

Selected for the reasons previously mentioned. Will be a good guy to rotate out with Hubbard and Hendrickson.

At 100 Atlanta proposed selections 108 and 148 for selection 100 and 233 and I took the offer.

Round 4 - 108th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.i1q5PadJPb8CqkcKPhcbzAHaE8&pid...=238&h=159]

Dyami Brown - WR - North Carolina - 6'1" 185

In a word...dynamic. Every thing you read and view show his strengths as explosion and deep speed. Gives the Bengals a different type receiver than they have now. While he may not run a 4.28 like Ross he has more than enough speed to get behind a defense. Has shown himself to have soft hands and good body control to make the difficult catch. A welcome addition to this receiving corp who should see time early in the season especially in Burrow's favorite formation the 5-wide.

Round 4 - 111th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.CKtRB1-DudHC4j3kowSpigHaE4&pid...=278&h=184]

Trey Sermon - RB - Ohio State - 6'0' 213

It could be argued that there was not a more valuable contributor to the Buckeyes stretch run than Sermon. Brings the whole package to the RB position. Can catch out of the backfield, outstanding vision, cutback ability, power, and speed. With Mixon coming off foot surgery Sermon could be vital to spelling Mixon and seeing plenty of time running the ball for this offense.

Round 5 - 149th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.ejYcBFP4kBjJh_hkHJ1-QgHaGA&pid...=203&h=165]

Marvin Wilson - DT - Florida State - 6'5" 305

Selected for the reasons previously mentioned.

Round 5 - 151st Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.tOAqPzRuvpCOU9stRjUTNgHaE8&pid...=243&h=163]

Chauncey Golston - DE - Iowa - 6'4" 268

Golston needs to continue to develop but has certainly shown some upside. Has the tools to develop into a starting NFL DE that could play at a high level. Should have a shot at making the 53 roster because of his versatility. Has shown at Iowa that he has the strength to move inside as a rusher on passing downs. Good solid addition to the rotation of this D line.

Round 6 - 189th Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.VCDsq4jHeTL5m0I5biAE4QHaE4&pid...=253&h=168]

Jack Anderson - OG - Texas Tech - 6'4" 310

Anderson has been a very solid interior lineman for Texas Tech. Very powerful blocker and can play either OG position or C in an emergency. Anderson is very focused with a high football IQ and goes to the whistle on every down. I honestly feel like he could push to be a starter at OG and at the very least proves to be a very important lineman to have on the bench.

Round 6 - 192nd Overall

[Image: th?id=OIP.cLfNsm7r3KWP8XuiUsdSSgHaEW&pid...=309&h=182]

Tamorrion Terry - WR - Florida State - 6'4" 203

No denying his speed...which can certainly generate vertical offense for a team. Great size to go with deep speed. Needs to continue to work on focus and technique in becoming a hands catcher. While you can't deny his speed you also cannot deny he has issues completing the catch. If you can get his kid past the drops and refine his hands you could have a special receiver.

I like this pretty good my only gripe is I would trade out Golston for 3 tech DT Darius Stills west va.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 02:14 AM)pulses Wrote: I like this pretty good my only gripe is I would trade out Golston for 3 tech DT Darius Stills west va.

Nixon is a 3 tech and arguably the highest ceiling 3 tech in the draft. Marvin Wilson can play the 1 or the 3 while probably stronger as a 1. Essentially, I feel you are getting the same player as an inside situational pass rusher with Stills and Golston but Golston provides position versatility by being able to move to the edge of the defense as well as a rusher.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 08:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's a good one.  Andy Reid is bringing him along nicely, that relationship with Mahommes is developing.

Yeah, I was surprised by Hardman's numbers being that low. Seems like everytime I watched him he was making plays 
whether in the passing game or on Returns. Think he could be a top Receiver for those guys if they take care of the OL, 
this is their weakness.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 03:52 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I guess I question what a speedster is as Boyd and Higgins show no inability to separate and out run defenders in the open field as well as get behind defenses. I will always takes guys such as that with functional football speed over a small scat type receiver.

Well a speedster is a Tyreek Hill type which I think this team is missing.

Thought so ever since the Ross pick and he didn't work out. I just want a Receiver that can take the top off of Defenses.

Boyd isn't that guy. Tate isn't that guy for sure. Tee is our only guy that can do this and he isn't a blazer and D's can just 
focus on him to try and take him away. An Eskridge, Darden, Elijah Moore, Tylan Wallace type is what I think this team needs.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 04:54 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Nixon is a 3 tech and arguably the highest ceiling 3 tech in the draft. Marvin Wilson can play the 1 or the 3 while probably stronger as a 1. Essentially, I feel you are getting the same player as an inside situational pass rusher with Stills and Golston but Golston provides position versatility by being able to move to the edge of the defense as well as a rusher.

I can live with thatThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 05:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well a speedster is a Tyreek Hill type which I think this team is missing.

Thought so ever since the Ross pick and he didn't work out. I just want a Receiver that can take the top off of Defenses.

Boyd isn't that guy. Tate isn't that guy for sure. Tee is our only guy that can do this and he isn't a blazer and D's can just 
focus on him to try and take him away. An Eskridge, Darden, Elijah Moore, Tylan Wallace type is what I think this team needs.

I still think Demetric Felton is a sleeper. Went to UCLA originally as a WR was moved to RB and then went back at the senior bowl and showed he can still play WR.  5'10  200 with high 4.3 low 4.4 speed. He could easily be someone's 4th RB and their 4th WR.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 07:01 PM)pulses Wrote: I still think Demetric Felton is a sleeper. Went to UCLA originally as a WR was moved to RB and then went back at the senior bowl and showed he can still play WR.  5'10  200 with high 4.3 low 4.4 speed. He could easily be someone's 4th RB and their 4th WR.

Yeah another good one. This Draft is stacked with these type of Receivers. What is nice about Felton is he is a lot like Hill 
too cause he can play WR and RB as you say.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 05:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah another good one. This Draft is stacked with these type of Receivers. What is nice about Felton is he is a lot like Hill 
too cause he can play WR and RB as you say.

He can cover 2 spots on the roster which allows us to carry someone else extra maybe in an important area as well.
Reply/Quote
Its all goodie
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:37 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Speed to burn? Like Ross? We have one big bodied receiver in Tate that really sees the field so not sure who you are speaking of as Boyd and Higgins do not seem to suffer from the getting open issue that you speak of and Tate just needs the ball throw in the same zip code and he will take it away from anyone that challenges for it.

Boyd was 94th in Separation per NFL Next Gen Stats.  Higgins wasn't even top 100.

Burrow threw the 3rd highest % of passes to receivers with a defender within 1 yard of them last year.  

Tate is terrible, dude.  Rewatch the Eagles game with him losing jump ball after jump ball in the end zone to undersized CB's.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 06:00 PM)Whatever Wrote: Boyd was 94th in Separation per NFL Next Gen Stats.  Higgins wasn't even top 100.

Burrow threw the 3rd highest % of passes to receivers with a defender within 1 yard of them last year.  

Tate is terrible, dude.  Rewatch the Eagles game with him losing jump ball after jump ball in the end zone to undersized CB's.  

Some don't understand how bad we need SPEED on this team.
Reply/Quote