Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
For those believing the Bengals got "hosed"
They did not. 

1. The Bengals win the AFCN, win or lose due to a better win % in less games. Baltimore has no say in that. The Bengals benefit from playing and losing one less game. 

2. Buffalo has won one more game than the Bengals, in the exact same number of games played. If's and but's do not count here. The Bengals were ahead but did not win that game. It didn't happen. The fact of the matter is, they could have just as easily lost the game. 

What are you saying if the Bengals were one game better in the same number of games and the Bills were leading in a game that was cancelled. Let me tell you--you're saying "tough cookies" because we have the better record in the same number of games played. 

3. A coin flip only comes into play if Baltimore wins this Sunday and the results of this weeks games cause the Bengals and Ravens to be matched up in the WC round. A coin flip is fair because the Bengals benefitted from potentially losing one more game vs Bills. 

To wrap it up....the Bengals were not screwed in any way shape or form and if you think they were, you're not being genuine or honest. 

EDIT: after the dust settled, i do not believe the last paragraph of this post. I have corrected that in later posts but will not edit this post or thread title.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:19 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They did not. 

1. The Bengals win the AFCN, win or lose due to a better win % in less games. Baltimore has no say in that. The Bengals benefit from playing and losing one less game. 

2. Buffalo has won one more game than the Bengals, in the exact same number of games played. If's and but's do not count here. The Bengals were ahead but did not win that game. It didn't happen. The fact of the matter is, they could have just as easily lost the game. 

What are you saying if the Bengals were one game better in the same number of games and the Bills were leading in a game that was cancelled. Let me tell you--you're saying "tough cookies" because we have the better record in the same number of games played. 

3. A coin flip only comes into play if Baltimore wins this Sunday and the results of this weeks games cause the Bengals and Ravens to be matched up in the WC round. A coin flip is fair because the Bengals benefitted from potentially losing one more game vs Bills. 

To wrap it up....the Bengals were not screwed in any way shape or form and if you think they were, you're not being genuine or honest. 

I hope the players think they got the shaft. It may help them ramp up their intensity after what had to be an emotionally draining night and week.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'll leave this right here.. How about not having to play our starters this week and risking. *Gasp* an injury to now not having any chance at the # 1 seed.
Reply/Quote

The Bengals had one less home game than the Ravens. The Ravens had 8 home games. The Bengals only 7. That is a competitive advantage to the Ravens.

Buffalo avoided their biggest away challenge: a game against the Bengals. Competitive advantage to Buffalo.

Yes, the Bengals clearly got hosed.
Reply/Quote

I tend to agree with u and all we hear is how we were going pound the Ravens after beating the Bills and now it seems people are worried we could lose to a 3rd string QB, not going to happen.
Reply/Quote

1.  Baltimore now has the chance to play the 1st playoff game at their home, whereas we had 2 games to win 1 to prevent that.  A higher seed and division winner should not go on the road in the 1st round.  They need to make up their minds.  If they want to do a coin flip, flip it for the MNF game we were winning.

2.  Bengals had 2 chances to take the #2 seed controlling their own destiny, now we must have help.

3.  Bengals went from the chance of being the #1 Seed to it being impossible.

I am extremely genuine and honest, of all the teams impacted we got the shaft like no other.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:26 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I tend to agree with u and all we here is how we were going pound the Ravens after beating the Bills and now it seems people are worried we could lose to a 3rd string QB, not going to happen.

Of course you would.  It's not a worry about losing to a 3rd string QB it is the total lack of respect the Bengals get from the league.  I can tell you right now the Cowboys would NOT have gotten this deal if they were in the same situation.

Reply/Quote
Agreed, OP.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:26 AM)casear2727 Wrote: 1.  Baltimore now has the chance to play the 1st playoff game at their home, whereas we had 2 games to win 1 to prevent that.  A higher seed and division winner should not go on the road in the 1st round.  They need to make up their minds.  If they want to do a coin flip, flip it for the MNF game we were winning.

2.  Bengals had 2 chances to take the #2 seed controlling their own destiny, now we must have help.

3.  Bengals went from the chance of being the #1 Seed to it being impossible.

I am extremely genuine and honest, of all the teams impacted we got the shaft like no other.

That's very clear. And does no one care that the Ravens actually had one more home game than the Bengals? Why do they potentially get yet another home game? The Ravens had eight home games and the Bengals only 7.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:26 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I tend to agree with u and all we hear is how we were going pound the Ravens after beating the Bills and now it seems people are worried we could lose to a 3rd string QB, not going to happen.

Yeah cos we never lose to back up QBs do we LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:19 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 3. A coin flip only comes into play if Baltimore wins this Sunday and the results of this weeks games cause the Bengals and Ravens to be matched up in the WC round. A coin flip is fair because the Bengals benefitted from potentially losing one more game vs Bills. 

Sorry Brother.
This is the part that gets me.
We are being treated as if the Buffalo game was a loss. We are not receiving the benefit of being a division winner and having the ability to rest starters like we would otherwise. We are being punished and forced to put a more competitive product out this weekend, so Goodell can chuckle and puff his chest out over ratings.
Rarely do we disagree, but I'm just a little stuck on this.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:28 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Of course you would.  It's not a worry about losing to a 3rd string QB it is the total lack of respect the Bengals get from the league.  I can tell you right now the Cowboys would NOT have gotten this deal if they were in the same situation.

1000%  certain of that!!!!
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
The only way we don't get screwed/hosed is if we lose to BALT. I think we'll beat BALT and we got screwed out of the chance to control earning the #2 seed. They only way you think we didn't get screwed is if you think we would have lost our last 2
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The ruling doesn’t treat the Bengals as though they lost to the Bills. If they did, then this week’s game would be for the division period.

The ruling DOES treat the Bengals like they *could have* lost. Which is true.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:34 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The only way we don't get screwed/hosed is if we lose to BALT. I think we'll beat BALT and we got screwed out of the chance to control earning the #2 seed. They only way you think we didn't get screwed is if you think we would have lost our last 2

This needs to be repeated several times. ^

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:39 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The ruling doesn’t treat the Bengals as though they lost to the Bills. If they did, then this week’s game would be for the division period.

The ruling DOES treat the Bengals like they *could have* lost. Which is true.

This couldn't be any dumber.  Even with playing less games we still have more wins than the Ravens going into the game.  

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:39 AM)casear2727 Wrote: This needs to be repeated several times. ^

We didn't even get the 'benefit"  of a tie. A tie would have meant we could rest our banged-up starters Sunday and IF we would have lost we'd still have the benefits of a 3 seed at worst. Now we must play our starters or risk playing a divisional opponent who has more loses than us on the road.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:41 AM)casear2727 Wrote: This couldn't be any dumber.  Even with playing less games we still have more wins than the Ravens going into the game.  

And if the Ravens win they’re tied in the win column. You’re ignoring their entire side of the scenario.
Reply/Quote
Just playing devil's advocate here:

We should have beaten the Steelers and Browns earlier this year. Had we done so, this game would have been a non-factor. The

As for losing the chance at resting the starters, well, they did get a rest. They didn't play a full game on Monday. Nobody got hurt. Now they are ready to go against Baltimore if they choose that route.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:28 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Of course you would.  It's not a worry about losing to a 3rd string QB it is the total lack of respect the Bengals get from the league.  I can tell you right now the Cowboys would NOT have gotten this deal if they were in the same situation.

Here we go with conspiracy,  such lack of respect got us what 4 prime time games.. give it up and as AL Davis would say Just Win Babe...
Reply/Quote