Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those coveting a practice bubble...
(01-10-2019, 11:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It just makes me laugh to think all 8 teams that are currently vying for the SB this year are currently practicing indoors.  What wimps.

Real teams like the Bengals practice outside. It obviously gives them an advantage lol

Just another case of some of the older generation ranting about the glory days and how they were better. Technology and sports medicine be damned, we want our players dying of heat stroke or freezing their asses off!
Reply/Quote
Exclamation 
(01-10-2019, 12:24 PM)MentalRage Wrote:  
Real teams like the Bengals practice outside. It obviously gives them an advantage lol

Just another case of some of the older generation ranting about the glory days and how they were better. Technology and sports medicine be damned, we want our players dying of heat stroke or freezing their asses off!

Personally, I was thinking about moving my workstation outside in the snow so I could be awesomer at my job, too. Is Mike Brown's office inside? Should I take the roof off my house? I don't want to become a wimp.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 12:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I just looked up coldest NFL games and found this on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d824da7dd/coldest-games-in-nfl-history

SO the most recent one is  Jan. 20, 2008 - Lambeau Field (copy/paste is obvious)

Which you would expect the NFL to be more tolerant of because of the Mystique 

Yup, i can see them calling The Freezer Bowl off in 2019. How sad is that?

With that said it is a different era and as mentioned we have to change with the times even if some of us don't really like it.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 11:05 AM)ochocincos Wrote: That was 50 years ago. Things are different now. Stop living in the past.

Yep back when I played water was bad for you and the cause of cramps. You were only allowed 3 sips when given permission with a coach watching. 

Some coaches even gave out salt pills.  

Times have changed. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Didn't there used to be a stat that said that dome teams have a losing record when playing in open-air stadiums in poor or cold weather conditions?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Knew that would stir y'all up.....lol
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 01:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Knew that would stir y'all up.....lol

We could go on by talking about whether it is stupid or awesome that Mike Brown doesn't let the players take free Gatorade, or shampoo or whatever that other argument was.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 01:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We could go on by talking about whether it is stupid or awesome that Mike Brown doesn't let the players take free Gatorade, or shampoo or whatever that other argument was.

Just think of the Gatorade money he saved having Coach Lewis...… no 5 gallon dumps. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 01:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just think of the Gatorade money he saved having Coach Lewis...… no 5 gallon dumps. 

Oof.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 01:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just think of the Gatorade money he saved having Coach Lewis...… no 5 gallon dumps. 

Is it wrong that my first thought was that you were saying no 5 gallon defecations and I was like, Gatorade doesn't make you poop?  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 01:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Is it wrong that my first thought was that you were saying no 5 gallon defecations and I was like, Gatorade doesn't make you poop?  Smirk

Naw, as a Bengals fan, it's not your fault you've probably never seen a Gatorade cooler dumped on a coach.....
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 11:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It just makes me laugh to think all 8 teams that are currently vying for the SB this year are currently practicing indoors.  What wimps.

So, what? We are never vying for a Super Bowl so we don't need one. Ninja
Reply/Quote
There was an article in the enquire about the indoor practice facility situation a couple of months ago. I couldn't believe the stupid that came out of the Black Burns mouth on the subject.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 06:55 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: There was an article in the enquire about the indoor practice facility situation a couple of months ago. I couldn't believe the stupid that came out of the Black Burns mouth on the subject.

You cant? She learned how to run an nfl team from one of the worst owners in its history. 
Reply/Quote