Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
For those interested - Orlando Brown PFF grades
Well, Chiefs Twitter is saying he sucks and he's our problem now.

I swear they don't even watch the games.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 08:47 AM)Destro Wrote: Still need more. Be it new people or vast improvement by those starting game one. If he 100% locks down his position, it still means the other side of the line needs to hold up.

We have 3 bonafide starters that should provide average-above average play. LT/C/RG, LG is hoping for a 2nd year jump, and RT is still a question, but we have options, Williams, Collins, FA, Draft Pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:52 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: What about Brown's replacement Juwan Taylor?

I’m trying to understand why the chiefs let brown go, only to give Taylor $80M and have him switch from RT to LT?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 08:51 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We have 3 bonafide starters that should provide average-above average play. LT/C/RG, LG is hoping for a 2nd year jump, and RT is still a question, but we have options, Williams, Collins, FA, Draft Pick.

Our starters need improvements is what I'm saying. Winning the division is not a goal for this team anymore. Legitimate Super Bowl contenders and protecting the man to get us there I think is paramount and the evidence that this team suffers greatly due to it has been that position group. Sure, some bad luck has been sprinkled in, but so has some real up and down play. Just saying that this is not one of those, "ok, we got one, O-line no longer an issue," situations.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 08:17 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: all and all Consistent..

The biggest thing here. If he plays to that level the entire time here, he's well worth it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:05 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: I’m trying to understand why the chiefs let brown go, only to give Taylor $80M and have him switch from RT to LT?

Well they did try to re-sign him the year before, but he said no. So, it's not like they didn't try to resign him.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:21 PM)Destro Wrote: Our starters need improvements is what I'm saying. Winning the division is not a goal for this team anymore. Legitimate Super Bowl contenders and protecting the man to get us there I think is paramount and the evidence that this team suffers greatly due to it has been that position group. Sure, some bad luck has been sprinkled in, but so has some real up and down play. Just saying that this is not one of those, "ok, we got one, O-line no longer an issue," situations.

And that should make the fanbase very happy. But sadly, the more success we see, the more miserable some become just looking for something to complain about. This is a hell of a ride, too bad so many are missing it looking for some dark cloud to start dropping rain on it.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:58 AM)Joelist Wrote: 2018 - Rats RT - Run Block 61.8  Pass Block 73.5

2019 - Rats RT - Run Block 59.4  Pass Block 82.5

2020 - Rats RT - Run Block 73.0  Pass Block 76.7

2021 - Chiefs LT - Run Block 67.0  Pass Block 76.1

2022 - Chiefs LT - Run Block 69.1  Pass Block 77.2

(03-16-2023, 01:06 AM)Joelist Wrote: And per request here's Jonah:

2020 - Run Block 53.4  Pass Block 75.8

2021 - Run Block 79.8  Pass Block 68.8

2022 - Run Block 49.9  Pass Block 63.9

Thanks Joelist. Loved those grades for Orlando. The knee cap injuries clearly messed with Jonah last year in run blocking especially.

We will see if Jonah can stay healthy or if another player ends up taking his spot like Carman. Not throwing it out.
Reply/Quote