Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those of you in the "Trade Down" crowd
Pretty good read. Looks at all the potential suitors and what it would cost to move up should the Bengals be interested in parting with the top pick.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-draft-who-could-trade-up-for-joe-burrow-at-no-1-and-what-such-a-move-would-cost/
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 04:41 PM)kacymcbryant18 Wrote: Pretty good read. Looks at all the potential suitors and what it would cost to move up should the Bengals be interested in parting with the top pick.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-draft-who-could-trade-up-for-joe-burrow-at-no-1-and-what-such-a-move-would-cost/

I would not be surprised if BB of the pats contacts mike brown,they are buddies and offers us a 1st,a second and a third and a second next season to draft Joe B. They really like him and think he is a Tom B. clone and MIkey will jump at that as we need players and can get a winning qb later in the 1st.I like the Eason man from Washington,he is very very good and a big dude.Before you bang on me,go watch tape of him,he is very talented. And he may just show his skills enough that he moves up to number 3-4 in qbs.It all depends on what ZT likes as they will lean on what he wants. As time goes on Joe B. has to convince me he is the man.You have to really really do your homework on the first pick of the draft,I personally would trade down and they will be lots of takers and get yourself more draft picks.I just think LSU Joe is one knee injury away from riding the bench in 2020.We are cursed with our first round pick and lets hope starting a new decade will change that. Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 04:41 PM)kacymcbryant18 Wrote: Pretty good read. Looks at all the potential suitors and what it would cost to move up should the Bengals be interested in parting with the top pick.

If Tua comes out and gets a clean bill of health or Herbert impresses them in workouts, I could see them trading down a few spots with the picks they would get or Oakland trading up giving up Carr, 12,19 this year and first round pick next year..... I really would look at that one...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Of the scenerios I like 2 of them:

1) Miami- we get #5, #25, #39. that's 4 picks in the top 40 to make an overhaul of the roster.

- Herbert -QB Oregon
- Biadiuz-OG Wisconsin
- Murray-LB Oklahoma
- Johnson-WR Minnesota

2) Raiders- we get Carr, #12, #19.  Carr is a capable QB

- #12 Tristan Wirfs- OT  Iowa
- #19 Tee Higgins- WR Clemson
Reply/Quote
I vote NO on any trade downs. When blessed with extra draft picks, the Bengals have proven to make stupid picks that gamble on upside, rather than going after fundamentally sound football players.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nobody like the trade with Detroit? The 3rd overall, and their 2nd and 3rd rounders this year....AND their 1st and 2nd next year? I'd do that shit in a heartbeat.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The Raider's trade would be tempting. Carr is doing a lot with a little in LA and his contract is cap friendly. 12, 19, and next year's #1 with Carr seems like a good offer and LA wants to make a splash in Vegas. With that you could then take whatever you can get for AD
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'd pass on Carr. i'm not sure he is even better than Dalton. The Bengals need a difference maker at QB that can compete with Jackson, Watson and Mahomes.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 02:27 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I'd pass on Carr. i'm not sure he is even better than Dalton. The Bengals need a difference maker at QB that can compete with Jackson, Watson and Mahomes.

You may be right but we also need difference makers at other positions,  if Watson loses this weekend he will be 0-2 in 3 yrs..in playoffs, dalton like...
Reply/Quote

Look, Mike Brown was NUTS not to take the Mike Ditka offer.   Ditka wanted to move up to get running back Ricky Williams.  So he offered Mike Brown all of New Orleans draft picks plus the top picks the next 2 years.  Paul Brown would have grabbed that in a second.  Mike Brown however turned it down and took Akili Smith.  

I doubt anybody ever makes an offer again to Bengals like the Ditka offer.   However if such a thing is offered, Yes, you forget Burrow and take all these extra draft picks.  Just as back then, when you only have 2 wins or 3 or 4 wins, you need a bunch of new players. 

I don't see a Mike Ditka offer coming.  Burrow seems the right pick.   However if a team was to offer up many good draft picks for the one, plus we have top picks in all rounds, we could get many top players in here at all positions.  The Cowboys traded a top RB for many draft picks and those many draft picks lead to the Cowboys Dynasty of the early 1990's.  A team like the Bengals could become a POWER fast with many Top Picks. 

I don't see any teams as crazy as Ditka was, or as crazy as Mike Brown to say no.....So as the draft stands now, Take Burrow and our top pick in 2 is like a 1.  3 is like a 2.  4 is like a 3.  5 is like a 4.  6 is like a 5.  7 is like a 6.   We should get good help at O Line and LB at top of 2 and 3.  4 being like a 3 lets us get a WR....QB, OT, LB, WR  in first 100 players in draft should help fill huge needs.  That top pick in 5 should be good like a 4. 

I doubt there is ever another Ditka type offer.  Ditka was crazy and Mike Brown even more crazy for saying no and taking Akili Smith.  Nobody will ever offer Bengals all their draft picks again for one pick. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 03:34 AM)kevin Wrote: Look, Mike Brown was NUTS not to take the Mike Ditka offer.   Ditka wanted to move up to get running back Ricky Williams.  So he offered Mike Brown all of New Orleans draft picks plus the top picks the next 2 years.  Paul Brown would have grabbed that in a second.  Mike Brown however turned it down and took Akili Smith.  

I doubt anybody ever makes an offer again to Bengals like the Ditka offer.   However if such a thing is offered, Yes, you forget Burrow and take all these extra draft picks.  Just as back then, when you only have 2 wins or 3 or 4 wins, you need a bunch of new players. 

I don't see a Mike Ditka offer coming.  Burrow seems the right pick.   However if a team was to offer up many good draft picks for the one, plus we have top picks in all rounds, we could get many top players in here at all positions.  The Cowboys traded a top RB for many draft picks and those many draft picks lead to the Cowboys Dynasty of the early 1990's.  A team like the Bengals could become a POWER fast with many Top Picks. 

I don't see any teams as crazy as Ditka was, or as crazy as Mike Brown to say no.....So as the draft stands now, Take Burrow and our top pick in 2 is like a 1.  3 is like a 2.  4 is like a 3.  5 is like a 4.  6 is like a 5.  7 is like a 6.   We should get good help at O Line and LB at top of 2 and 3.  4 being like a 3 lets us get a WR....QB, OT, LB, WR  in first 100 players in draft should help fill huge needs.  That top pick in 5 should be good like a 4. 

I doubt there is ever another Ditka type offer.  Ditka was crazy and Mike Brown even more crazy for saying no and taking Akili Smith.  Nobody will ever offer Bengals all their draft picks again for one pick. 

The Redskins got a boatload of picks for Ricky Williams and wallowed in mediocrity due to a steady stream of journeyman QB's.  They wound up getting Champ Bailey and LaVarr Arrington, but it wasn't enough because they didn't have a franchise QB.  

The reason the Herschel Walker deal worked for the Cowboys was they already had Aikman.  They just needed to put pieces around him and the trade facilitated that.  The Ricky Williams trade failed for Washington because they didn't have a QB and it stockpiled too much talent for them to bottom out and get one.  
Reply/Quote
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2862789-alabama-qb-tua-tagovailoa-declares-for-2020-nfl-draft-despite-hip-injury

Tua declaring might have me side a little more toward trading back. Let Andy play out his contract and give Tua time to completely heal.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 02:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2862789-alabama-qb-tua-tagovailoa-declares-for-2020-nfl-draft-despite-hip-injury

Tua declaring might have me side a little more toward trading back. Let Andy play out his contract and give Tua time to completely heal.

i mean everyone was talking about tua not burrow till tua got hurt.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 03:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i mean everyone was talking about tua not burrow till tua got hurt.

That's not entirely true.  There were a ton of people talking about Burrow - especially after he clearly outplayed him the week before.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 04:33 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That's not entirely true.  There were a ton of people talking about Burrow - especially after he clearly outplayed him the week before.

Dont think you are correct on clearly out played hime 46 to 41 Tua had 4 tds to 3 and more yards, Burrow much higher comp ratio and no picks solid game by both 
Reply/Quote
Can you imagine the backlash we would receive from all the other fans in the NFL if we traded picks with NE and they got Burrow? Mike Brown is already the most hated man in Bengaldom, but he would definitely go down as one of the most hated owners in the league.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote