Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's your #1 pick this year?
If 5 Time Loser Pacman Jones only got a one game suspension, IF THERE IS ANY JUSTICE, Elliott won't get more than 5 Time Loser Pacman Jones.

I did find an exception to drafting RB's first 2 rounds....In a Mock draft at 4 spot or 6 spot, I got Elliott or Howard at RB...but round 2 still sat Aaron Rodgers. Now come on. If you can get Rodgers in round 2....I went for it, and still ended with good RB's and TE's and WR's....I don't mind Rivers later, but Rodgers earlier was too good in that Mock Draft to pass up....

I disagree with RB by committee....Bengals may do that, and why to stay away from Bengal RB's....I still say try to land 3 RB's that gained 1,000 yards last year....5 WR's that gained 1,000 yards last year.....and a TE that gained around 1,000 yards last year and there are only 4 of them, so I'm going higher on TE than my first Mock drafts happy to get a late round slug at TE. Some Fantasy teams will actually have 2 RBs each week that put up huge points, so I don't want RB by committee team RB's putting up half the points as my opponents. Bengals are such a team and Mixon is going way too high considering he will share time with Hill and Gio. ..Give me an Elliott, Howard, Ajayi, Miller, Ingram, Blount or Gore or even Gordon, Hyde,Crowell, Ware...but first give me Elliott or Howard in Round One. ....Then another RB in round 2, unless Aaron Rodgers on the board and I can't pass on a round 2 Rodgers. Drew Brees also Hall Of Fame To Be, still great numbers, in a domed stadium is another TOP QB to go 2nd or 3rd round on if there.... I have no problem with Rivers later in draft, or Big Ben, but I would HATE to root for Steelers. I try to avoid Steelers so I won't have to root for them in Fantasy Football. You do need a TOP QB that some weeks goes WILD on points. As much as I would hate to, I would take Big Ben over many QBs due to his passing targets and he another HALL OF FAMER TO BE that some games just goes WILD on points.

If I can land TY Hilton, Larry Fitzgerald and maybe even Brandon Cooks, I can always pick 5 WR's that gained 1,000 yards last season. Only one Mock Draft did I see a total run on WR's early all off the board, but I grabbed the top QB's and RB's because somebody would have to talk trade with me for a star QB or RB. ..99 % of the time I have no problem getting 5 top WR's. ...I still like drafting Larry Fitzgerald, and most of the time I get him going into Mid Rounds, which is a steal.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
What's your thoughts on guys like Leonard Fournette, Melvin Gordon and Todd Gurley?  are they 1st....2nd...3rd round considerations?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 03:21 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm going back and forth in this.

Bell might be the best pick, but he can't stay healthy, which will be even more magnified by skipping camp and being even more likely to be injured.  Having Bryant back should make him even better by keeping defenses even further back.

Zeke Elliot would be my clear-cut choice if he didn't have this suspension hanging over his head, and I think he still might be the best choice.  With the Cowboys line being dominant and all of Zeke's abilities, he can do it all.

A lot of people will pick David Johnson, but I think Palmer's getting so old that teams won't respect the pass as much and will load the box to stop Johnson.

FINAL CHOICE:  ZEKE

Last year I took Zeek in round 1 David Johnson in 2 and Lesean McCoy in 3.

Took Ty Hilton in 4.

Took the championship.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
In Mock Drafts there is something to be said for taking Aaron Rodgers Round One....I have been going RB's first 2 Rounds in most so far....BUT....I do like grabbing Aaron Rodgers and a top RB in 2 and maybe 3. ...Especially if I pick later in draft and the real TOP RB's off the board....I'm all set to draft late Rodgers and draft early Howard, Ajayi, Murray, Miller, Ingram or any 1,000 yard rusher on board in 2 and maybe 3. .....Yes, nothing wrong with starting with Aaron Rodgers. Not any QB's better, that's for sure.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It was bell but with the holdout it's now David Johnson.

Zeke just fell to 3rd-4th round at best
Reply/Quote
Since I'm in a keeper league, I'm keeping Antonio Bryant, and it's costing me a 1st.  I'm good with that.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 02:15 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Since I'm in a keeper league, I'm keeping Antonio Bryant, and it's costing me a 1st.  I'm good with that.

Just wondeRing... What are your other options? Why keep a 1st round pick that is going to cost you a first round pick? Don't you have someone with a 2nd-4th round adp that you drafted late® last year?
Reply/Quote