Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
For those of you who think the Bengals are victims
(01-20-2016, 11:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Anyone who thinks the NFL is 100% scripted just needs to look at what Arizona did last week to advance to the NFC Championship game. If it was fully scripted, GB would have won that game in OT.

With that said, it does seem that some teams don't have to play 100% all the time to win games. Ultimately, referees are not 100% consistent...part of that probably has to do with the fact they are human. They make mistakes (intentional or not).

It's impossible to get 100% fair and accurate officiating.

Yeah, I think this bias stuff stems from the media.  They DO have their favorites....which is Bush League.  The issue with officiating, to me, is just that they suck.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well.........Bye.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Rejoicing this ban !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
While I seriously doubt that every play is scripted (that'd take far too much work and precision), I have wondered if the NFL tries to manipulate games through officiating. Not by sheer amount of penalties, but where and when the penalties occur. That said, ultimately I just feel like the officials are inept. There's too many rules and the NFL refuses to make them full-time employees (greed trumps integrity).

Priorities for this offseason should be figuring out what constitutes a catch, better ways for officials to handle games like Steelers/Bengals, and stiffer punishments for coaches who affect the game (Pittsburgh has a big problem with this). Btw, Tomlin was fined 100k for the tripping incident (that didn't wind up affecting the outcome of a reg season game), yet Porter was only fined 10k for clearly affecting a playoff game. WTF?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 12:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I think this bias stuff stems from the media.  They DO have their favorites....which is Bush League.  The issue with officiating, to me, is just that they suck.

I personally think the number of officials should increase and that everything should be subject to review (if you're going to review some plays, why not get it right all of the time??).  I think a big issue is that the players are bigger and faster than they have ever been.  The officials are human, and they are going to make mistakes... especially when so much is happening so quickly.  Make everything subject to review, even penalties, and increase the number of challenges a coach has per half.  Also have someone at the league offices watching each game and allow them to stop play for a review at any time.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 02:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: While I seriously doubt that every play is scripted (that'd take far too much work and precision), I have wondered if the NFL tries to manipulate games through officiating. Not by sheer amount of penalties, but where and when the penalties occur. That said, ultimately I just feel like the officials are inept. There's too many rules and the NFL refuses to make them full-time employees (greed trumps integrity).

Priorities for this offseason should be figuring out what constitutes a catch, better ways for officials to handle games like Steelers/Bengals, and stiffer punishments for coaches who affect the game (Pittsburgh has a big problem with this). Btw, Tomlin was fined 100k for the tripping incident (that didn't wind up affecting the outcome of a reg season game), yet Porter was only fined 10k for clearly affecting a playoff game. WTF?

If a coach is affecting the game, i.e Tomlin, I personally think that should be an automatic ejection.
Reply/Quote
How can you be a Bengals fan and post what he posts?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 03:31 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Now that the OP is banned, I wonder what his new screen name will be

Mitchell2Farmer

(01-21-2016, 06:44 PM)Housh Wrote: How can you be a Bengals fan and post what he posts?

He wasn't. He was a Steelers fan. Seemed pretty obvious.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 03:26 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: If a coach is affecting the game, i.e Tomlin, I personally think that should be an automatic ejection.

PIT would have had three ejections. 

The guy who tried to fling Nelson into the bench
The guy who pulled the hair of a Bengals player
The guy who went onto the field (with the rouse of being concerned about A. Brown) and went into the midst of a huddle of Bengals players in order to elicit a response and therefore a penalty -- which he got.

I've never seen actions like that from coaches.  EVER.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 08:13 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Mitchell2Farmer

I was thinking Klingler2Query. 

That would throw everyone off. Sounds nothing like his "original" name.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote