Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those that think Tees value is going down
(11-22-2023, 10:19 AM)Whatever Wrote: KC has an extremely good IOL, though, which mitigates a lot of the issues with the T's.  Mahommes can always climb the pocket to escape the outside pressure.  

Burrow has stated multiple times that pressure from the outside does not bother him.  No QB can be successful with heat coming from the middle.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 10:28 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Burrow has stated multiple times that pressure from the outside does not bother him.  No QB can be successful with heat coming from the middle.

KC's OL makes me think back to how the Steelers constructed the OL in front of The Rapist.  They were always strong up the middle with Pouncey and DeCastro, but mediocre at T.  When you have a guy with escapability, it definitely seems like you can get by with weaker OT's if you have a stout interior that gives him room to step up and can keep the second wave from finishing him off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 11:59 AM)Whatever Wrote: KC's OL makes me think back to how the Steelers constructed the OL in front of The Rapist.  They were always strong up the middle with Pouncey and DeCastro, but mediocre at T.  When you have a guy with escapability, it definitely seems like you can get by with weaker OT's if you have a stout interior that gives him room to step up and can keep the second wave from finishing him off.

Let’s also be real. Getting a guy like creed Humphrey wasn’t some incredible assessment by the chiefs. He was the bet C in that draft. That was a bigger whiff by the bengals for trading back than incredible scouting by the chiefs.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 12:01 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Let’s also be real.  Getting a guy like creed Humphrey wasn’t some incredible assessment by the chiefs.  He was the bet C in that draft.  That was a bigger whiff by the bengals for trading back than incredible scouting by the chiefs.

Humphrey would have been a 1st rounder IMO if there weren't concerns about the fact that QB's would have to adapt to him snapping the ball with his left hand.

They also got a late round steal in Smith who was highly touted, but slid due to terrible scheme versatility.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 12:01 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Let’s also be real.  Getting a guy like creed Humphrey wasn’t some incredible assessment by the chiefs.  He was the bet C in that draft.  That was a bigger whiff by the bengals for trading back than incredible scouting by the chiefs.

Lets not forget the Bengals were also looking at Carman as a guy that could play RG then possibly step out to RT with aging vet Riley Reiff on a one year deal... It wasn't a bad plan but Carman was obviously a bad choice.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 12:29 PM)Synric Wrote: Lets not forget the Bengals were also looking at Carman as a guy that could play RG then possibly step out to RT with aging vet Riley Reiff on a one year deal... It wasn't a bad plan but Carman was obviously a bad choice.

Right, a project OL. When has that ever worked well for the bengals? Meanwhile creed Humphrey is looking like he will be a perennial all pro and stabilize the c position for chiefs for years to come.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 01:06 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Right, a project OL.  When has that ever worked well for the bengals?  Meanwhile creed Humphrey is looking like he will be a perennial all pro and stabilize the c position for chiefs for years to come.

Hindsight is 2020 you're also ignoring the fact Creed Humphrey wasn't even the first or even the second Center drafted in 2021.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 12:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: Humphrey would have been a 1st rounder IMO if there weren't concerns about the fact that QB's would have to adapt to him snapping the ball with his left hand.

They also got a late round steal in Smith who was highly touted, but slid due to terrible scheme versatility.

I think Smith's biggest reason for sliding was the blood clots issue he had his sophomore year.  He was healed up but teams were wary.  I wanted us to draft him from the 3rd Round on.... just another bad miss.

Reply/Quote
let's see him carry this team to the playoffs
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 10:28 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: He will still get the same value of contract.  The injuries this year have no long term ramifications on his playing style, like an ACL or Achilles would.

A guy going into his age 25 season that, at his best, has proven to be one of the best 50/50 guys in the league is something that doesn’t come around often.  If he hits FA, he will be a top 10, likely top 5, paid WR in the league.

Then it would be a huge mistake for the Bengals to sign Tee per we know Chase will get top 3 money. Burrow already gets top pay. So to have so much money tied up in 3 players puts the team in a fragile spot per they would always be just one injury away from the season being over. Cant just put all your eggs in the offenses passing game. Defenses and running game factors into Championships as well. 

Hope Tee does break the bank because like him, but disagree that this will not cost him money unless shows more of the old Tee. Anyway you say top 10 money for sure which will take $20.4 million and likely top 5 which would take 24.1 million as of now. Expect the top 5 and 10  #'s to climb by the time Tee signs as well, so it may take slightly more. 

We shall see, those #'s are not crazy in todays game so he has a good opportunity to land where you project and I projected $25 million after last season on just his track record alone. But NFL owners are shrewd and think if he does not comeback and prove healthy and good without Burrow, then they will haggle him down on money. He does pull a hammy ever single year it seems.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote