Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who don't know or are misinformed....
Yeah ,I know most everyone has an idea of what a bung hole is and the vast majority of you would be completely and utterly incorrect. It's actually the hole in the side of a whiskey cask.. Actually the bung is the large stopper and the hole is, well...the hole the stopper goes into. https://www.etymonline.com/word/bung

Now you know and the next time some schlub mentions a bung hole you can pretend to be smart and point out exactly what a bung holio is and your peers will be extraordinarily impressed with your lexiconic prowess..   Rock On
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I actually knew this.

However, the other definition of the term is not necessarily incorrect as it is now so common it has become a colloquial use as vulgar slang.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 06:16 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I actually knew this.

However, the other definition of the term is not necessarily incorrect as it is now so common it has become a colloquial use as vulgar slang.

For some unknown reason, I can't move away from your post...... Pervert
Reply/Quote
I need TP for my Bung hole.... YEAH!!!
Reply/Quote
Who knows, maybe it originated from prison culture, like sagging pants? As in Bubba said to Morty, "I'm going to turn your butt hole into a bung hole!". Shocked

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Another little known fact.

If you remove the "ho" from a "bung Hole" you are left with a "bungle"
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 12:03 PM)sandwedge Wrote: For some unknown reason, I can't move away from your post...... Pervert

Yeah. If I had a body like that, I'd probably be doing the same thing!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 01:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Another little known fact.

See? Nobody can say us Bengal fans are a bunch of illiterates like them squeeler fans! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Living in bourbon country.....I actually knew this.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 05:31 PM)grampahol Wrote: Yeah ,I know most everyone has an idea of what a bung hole is and the vast majority of you would be completely and utterly incorrect. It's actually the hole in the side of a whiskey cask.. Actually the bung is the large stopper and the hole is, well...the hole the stopper goes into. https://www.etymonline.com/word/bung

Now you know and the next time some schlub mentions a bung hole you can pretend to be smart and point out exactly what a bung holio is and your peers will be extraordinarily impressed with your lexiconic prowess..   Rock On

Not what it means in my neighborhood

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 01:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Another little known fact.

then add it to the end one gets Bungle Ho

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 04:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: Living in bourbon country.....I actually knew this.

You had me at bourbon...
Reply/Quote