Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For you, Brad....
I didn't really know where to post this, but I am sure everyone on here is united in their thoughts and prayers that this treatment is able to help Brad as well.

This is a huge step toward recovery for these patients:

https://stemcell.usc.edu/2016/09/07/paralyzed-man-regains-use-of-arms-and-hands-after-experimental-stem-cell-therapy-at-keck-hospital-of-usc/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 10:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I didn't really know where to post this, but I am sure everyone on here is united in their thoughts and prayers that this treatment is able to help Brad as well.

This is a huge step toward recovery for these patients:

https://stemcell.usc.edu/2016/09/07/paralyzed-man-regains-use-of-arms-and-hands-after-experimental-stem-cell-therapy-at-keck-hospital-of-usc/

Multiple people have posted that link on my Facebook wall, and it does go to show what stem cells are capable of, but I don't have any spinal damage, just a brain injury.

Stem cells are incredible, though, and it's amazing that they can do things like in that link and potentially even regenerate my brain cells.

Good looking out!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 08:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Multiple people have posted that link on my Facebook wall, and it does go to show what stem cells are capable of, but I don't have any spinal damage, just a brain injury.

Stem cells are incredible, though, and it's amazing that they can do things like in that link and potentially even regenerate my brain cells.

Good looking out!!!!!!!

Yeah, buddy, that is what I was thinking...it is more the fascination of what is being done throughout the medical field with stem cells.  Paralysis is such a strange thing...the body actually has a molecule that prevents the body (spine) from healing itself...they have isolated this molecule in mice and are trying to do it in humans.  Stem cells represent a new and innovative way of hitting the proverbial reset button on the body's self-repairing systems.  It is amazing stuff and I hope and pray it can help you and millions of others.  
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 08:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Multiple people have posted that link on my Facebook wall, and it does go to show what stem cells are capable of, but I don't have any spinal damage, just a brain injury.

Good looking out!!!!!!!

my family and I pray for NOTHING BUT THE BEST FOR YOU BRAD!!!!

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 11:50 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, buddy, that is what I was thinking...it is more the fascination of what is being done throughout the medical field with stem cells.  Paralysis is such a strange thing...the body actually has a molecule that prevents the body (spine) from healing itself...they have isolated this molecule in mice and are trying to do it in humans.  Stem cells represent a new and innovative way of hitting the proverbial reset button on the body's self-repairing systems.  It is amazing stuff and I hope and pray it can help you and millions of others.  
I had no idea about that molecule in the spine, but that's amazing and very strange at the same time.  Have they figured out why the molecule does that?  Usually everything in the body has a purpose.

I do appreciate the prayers more than you'll ever know and stem cells are so unreal.  It makes you wonder how long ago things could have been fixed but have been held back by regulations and things.
(07-22-2017, 02:45 AM)RASCAL Wrote: my family and I pray for NOTHING BUT THE BEST FOR YOU BRAD!!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!  

EVERY PRAYER HELPS AND I APPRECIATE MORE THAN I COULD EVER EXPRESS!
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 04:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I had no idea about that molecule in the spine, but that's amazing and very strange at the same time.  Have they figured out why the molecule does that?  Usually everything in the body has a purpose.

That is the million dollar question.  It was a unique approach that discovered it, and now lots of research is being done to attempt to modify it.  
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 08:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That is the million dollar question.  It was a unique approach that discovered it, and now lots of research is being done to attempt to modify it.  

I always did wonder why the spine couldn't repair itself but I always just figured that it was because there's so many nerves that they couldn't reconnect to the same nerve once they were severed or that those nerves died off once severed.
Reply/Quote
Love ya Brad and prayers go out to you for healing.
Reply/Quote
You're a great man Brad, praying for you brother.
Reply/Quote
You're in a prayer chain started my my mother. People all over this area are praying for you!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 04:22 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You're in a prayer chain started my my mother.  People all over this area are praying for you!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

I couldn't ask for more love from this board and from all over this area that I've been receiving!

Where do you live?  
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 11:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

I couldn't ask for more love from this board and from all over this area that I've been receiving!

Where do you live?  

Southern Indiana, between Cincy and Louisville.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 10:53 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Love ya Brad and prayers go out to you for healing.
Love ya brother!  Thank you very much!
(07-26-2017, 02:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You're a great man Brad, praying for you brother.

Thank you brother........  this would be incredible, not just for me, but for the future of traumatic brain injuries and for how much easier it will make my family's lives.

Being back to normal would be incredible, but that's #3 on my list of why I want it, with the above two being the top two.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 11:14 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Southern Indiana, between Cincy and Louisville.  

Not too far from me, then  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 11:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Love ya brother!  Thank you very much!

Thank you brother........  this would be incredible, not just for me, but for the future of traumatic brain injuries and for how much easier it will make my family's lives.

Being back to normal would be incredible, but that's #3 on my list of why I want it, with the above two being the top two.

Brad, I had to read this a couple times to understand, but I think I get it...

Please keep us posted on your upcoming appointments and know that we are all in your corner.  I bet even Fred wishes he could post you well wishes.  
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 12:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Brad, I had to read this a couple times to understand, but I think I get it...

Please keep us posted on your upcoming appointments and know that we are all in your corner.  I bet even Fred wishes he could post you well wishes.  

I'm a wreck and the wait just to be evaluated is killing me.

I'm perfect for this and would be great to show the world that this can work, but I'll always have my doubts until they're drilling into my skull.

As far as Fred goes, he already showed his true self when he tried to tarnish and discredit a thread that I had started about this treatment by saying something like "wouldn't it be ironic if Brad were cured by aborted babies?"

Which stem cells from aborted babies are most known because that's what the controversy is about, but most stem cells come from things like blood plasma.

Of course, then he didn't even admit he was wrong when I pointed that out because that's the type of person he is.

He wouldn't post me well-wishes but Fred doesn't matter to me.
Reply/Quote
I can only imagine how badly you want this and how stressful it must be just waiting. We're all rooting for you buddy. Try to be as positive as one can possibly be in your situation.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 02:48 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm a wreck and the wait just to be evaluated is killing me.

I'm perfect for this and would be great to show the world that this can work, but I'll always have my doubts until they're drilling into my skull.

As far as Fred goes, he already showed his true self when he tried to tarnish and discredit a thread that I had started about this treatment by saying something like "wouldn't it be ironic if Brad were cured by aborted babies?"

Which stem cells from aborted babies are most known because that's what the controversy is about, but most stem cells come from things like blood plasma.

Of course, then he didn't even admit he was wrong when I pointed that out because that's the type of person he is.

That's disgusting, even for him.  At least you can see from the other's posts that we are all behind you and as Harley said, stay positive.  
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 02:48 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm a wreck and the wait just to be evaluated is killing me.

Fred says some pretty pathetic shit don't he?

I remember once he personally attacked me and it got out of hand. No wonder he gets banned all the time.
Reply/Quote
He attacked me once too. Oh well just pray for him I guess.
Reply/Quote