Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For you Guenther supporters
Bengals are dead last in total yards allowed rushing this year.

I suggest this is the main reason why we have been so bad stopping third downs along with complete inability for years to cover tight ends.

Our defense is not good.

There is no way he should be promoted to head coach and the new coach ( if we get one) should be allowed to hire his own coordinators.

No one on this current staff should receive any consideration for replacing Marv.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There’s Guenther supporters here?

Reply/Quote
I heard Paulie G in an interview following the Bears debacle say that he wasn't going to make excuses...and then he started making a bunch of excuses. I thought, gee that really sounds like HC speak there...and it hit me. Paulie G for HC!

IT ARE A CERTAINTY!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 12:53 PM)bengals67 Wrote: There is no way he should be promoted to head coach and the new coach ( if we get one) should be allowed to hire his own coordinators.

No one on this current staff should receive any consideration for replacing Marv.

This can never be stated enough.

(12-13-2017, 12:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s Guenther supporters here?

Yes. There are actually those who are fine with him, Hue, and Jay Gruden being the next Bengals HC. I guess some just want the Bengals to perennially suck. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Wow - I knew we had trouble stopping the run, but I didn't realize it was that bad.
Reply/Quote
Not a Paulie G fan at all.

And stopping the run is like rebounding in bball. It's as much about the want to as the ability. And the want to doesn't seem to be there. Nobody looked like they wanted to tackle Howard at all Sunday.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 02:25 PM)McC Wrote: Not a Paulie G fan at all.

And stopping the run is like rebounding in bball.  It's as much about the want to as the ability.  And the want to doesn't seem to be there.  Nobody looked like they wanted to tackle Howard at all Sunday.

Clearly, one of - if not the MAIN - issue is the poor tackling. I wonder how much better our rushing defense (not to mention overall defense) would be if not for better tackling?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 02:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Clearly, one of - if not the MAIN - issue is the poor tackling. I wonder how much better our rushing defense (not to mention overall defense) would be if not for better tackling?

Honestly, with the talent the defense has...the result should have been much better.

You look at every position group and there is talent.

Burfict/Rey/Minter is a decent LB Trio. Now Vigil and Evans have been Bad.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 02:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Clearly, one of - if not the MAIN - issue is the poor tackling. I wonder how much better our rushing defense (not to mention overall defense) would be if not for better tackling?

Yeah it's a huge issue.

The DT next to Atkins has been bad all year long too. That's an issue.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 12:53 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Bengals are dead last in total yards allowed rushing this year.

I suggest this is the main reason why we have been so bad stopping third downs along with complete inability for years to cover tight ends.

Our defense is not good.

There is no way he should be promoted to head coach and the new coach ( if we get one) should be allowed to hire his own coordinators.

True. That is terrible considering the players he has to work with. We know Geno has been a solid run stopper in the past
and Billings, Glasgow and even Tapou were all great run stoppers in college. Our LB'ers besides Burfict have been bad this
year, specifically Vigil and Minter when he has played. Safety and even Corner have not been good either.

All these coaches have been poor on Defense besides maybe Burney and his D-line has been poor at stopping the run as
you say. Drain this swamp and start fresh.
Reply/Quote
Can't stand Paulie's passive approach. No aggressiveness at all. Give ground, give ground, give ground, make 'em kick a FG and call that a win.

And good God, will I ever in my lifetime see a Bengal defense shut down even a mediocre TE?

Paulie ain't the guy. HC? Hell no. I don't even want him running the defense, let alone the whole team.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 06:12 PM)McC Wrote: Can't stand Paulie's passive approach.   No aggressiveness at all.  Give ground, give ground, give ground, make 'em kick a FG and call that a win.

And good God, will I ever in my lifetime see a Bengal defense shut down even a mediocre TE?

Paulie ain't the guy.  HC?  Hell no.  I don't even want him running the defense, let alone the whole team.

This.

Paulie is like a clone of Chuck f****n Bresnahan. Dudes gotta go, ASAP 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 02:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, with the talent the defense has...the result should have been much better.

IDK   I would like nothing more for the bengals to move on from minter too.. Always seems out of position or going the wrong way.

How much of PG's problems is marvin stepping on his toes? a year or 2 ago he started benching underperforming starters marvin said he shouldn't have done that and they were back on the field.... and still are.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 02:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, with the talent the defense has...the result should have been much better.

Have you seen Minter? He's horrid! Can't cover and he can't read plays...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 06:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: IDK   I would like nothing more for the bengals to move on from minter too.. Always seems out of position or going the wrong way.

How much of PG's problems is marvin stepping on his toes?  a year or 2 ago he started benching underperforming starters marvin said he shouldn't have done that and they were back on the field.... and still are.

You gotta wonder? Paulie used to draw up the blitzes when Zim was the DC and we attacked. Zim gone and Paulie is doing the exact opposite.... Zimmer and Lewis are pretty good friends and I have got to believe that Lewis let Zimmer do his own thing and didn't meddle in it. Now he's sticking his nose in it and we are back before Zimmer was here.... Kind of ironic if you ask me...
Reply/Quote
After starting the season with a very good 5 games stretch, the defense has definitely had their struggles over the last 8:

Total Yds   Rush Yds 
   420             152
   331             115
   408             149
   416             180
   341             112
   405             169
   374              92
   482             232

During this 8 game stretch, they've given up a combined 53 1st downs in back to back games two different times.
Reply/Quote
He is our worse coach by far the Defense is way to talented to be bottom 5 in run defense, 3rd down Defense, and forced turnovers. It is absolutely pathetic that this Defense isn't in the top 10 and it should be in the top 5 if we are being honest.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If I had my way the entire coaching staff would get their pink slip.
Reply/Quote
The only time I defended Guenther was last year when he wanted to hold players accountable and bench underperforming players. Then Marvin comes out and says that's not going to happen. It was after the Washington game. I feel Guenther was trying to light a fire under some asses, but Marvin cut his balls off in front of everyone.
Reply/Quote

Guenther is not doing a good job. PERIOD! He should NEVER be promoted to HC.
DBs play too far off the receivers; none of them will tackle; LBers are too slow and can't cover. The fast ones are young and not given enough snaps to develop. The D line can't stop the run. WHAT'S LEFT?
Reply/Quote