Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Jones Donates 400 Bikes To Cincinnati School!
Every athlete now gets some pointless foundation. Some actually care about people, some could care less, but almost all have to be connected somehow into some community shindig thing so we get to all feel all warm and fuzzy inside and think that the guy from another city and state who played for a college 99% of us would just as soon fall and break a leg than watch them win suddenly cares deeply about the Cincinnati (or any pro sports city) area and the community..
Hint: most could probably care less if the city fell right into the river and floated away..

That's not to say Adam Jones doesn't care about these kids..he may very well care a great deal, but it kind of gets lost in the whole PR publicity thing like that famous pink junk campaign over breast cancer awareness when in fact the whole thing was to get more women to buy into the whole NFL schtick.. I have no doubt that the NFL as an organization could care less about breast cancer much less awareness of it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:35 AM)grampahol Wrote: That's not to say Adam Jones doesn't care about these kids..he may very well care a great deal, but it kind of gets lost in the whole PR publicity thing like that famous pink junk campaign over breast cancer awareness when in fact the whole thing was to get more women to buy into the whole NFL schtick.. I have no doubt that the NFL as an organization could care less about breast cancer much less awareness of it..

Actually, your right. If I remember right, Chad Johnson was fined for wearing garb for breast cancer awareness. Then there was a lot of talk about how the NFL sucked for fining him and now? Well, they all do it. So yes, it's nothing but a PR thing to the NFL.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote