Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forbes Magazine says Marvin to be fired....
http://www.forbes.com/sites/simonogus/2016/12/24/cincinnati-bengals-head-coach-marvin-lewis-rumored-to-be-fired-upon-end-of-disappointing-season/#76a66fda37de

I'll believe it when I see it though....
Reply/Quote
As long as Paulie G, Zampieceofshit, or the piano man aren't hired to replace him Hilarious Whatever
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Simon Ogus?
Reply/Quote
Finger crossed they're right.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wont matter if they don't send Zamp and Alexander with him. Give Urban OC job? New HC likely to bring his own staff unless it is internal which makes me think they go defense again with Guenther...
Reply/Quote
Marvin will be here and team will again disappoint next year. He will then get another extension

Forbes thinks he will be fired because there is no other sane option for this organization. But Bengals are not sane- they are insane

Do the same thing over and over and over with no success is the definition of insanity.

No other team- and I mean no other team- would keep Lewis for another season.

The team should have been sent a message after the rdiciculous melt down in the playoff game last year and Marvin should have been fired.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 11:18 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Marvin will be here and team will again disappoint next year. He will then get another extension

Forbes thinks he will be fired because there is no other sane option for this organization. But Bengals are not sane- they are insane

Do the same thing over and over and over with no success is the definition of insanity.

The team should have been sent a message after the rdiciculous melt down in the playoff game last year and Marvin should have been fired.

This statement is just as insane as you make out the Bengals organization... 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 11:18 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Marvin will be here and team will again disappoint next year. He will then get another extension

Close.. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. 

But to the bengals maybe what they are doing is sane.  Field a competitive football team 9/10 times.  Fill the stadium, sell merch, extremely profitable in a small market.  And typically make the playoffs.  

Just a matter of perspective I guess.  I want Marvin gone as much as the next guy, but from a business perspective it's actually not all that insane.  It has worked for 14 years after a decade of ineptness. Im sure Mike brown fears more than anything going back to those dark dark days.

That's the biggest difference between a football fan as an owner (Kraft) and a business man as an owner.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 01:27 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Close.. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. 

But to the bengals maybe what they are doing is sane.  Field a competitive football team 9/10 times.  Fill the stadium, sell merch, extremely profitable in a small market.  And typically make the playoffs.  

Just a matter of perspective I guess.  I want Marvin gone as much as the next guy, but from a business perspective it's actually not all that insane.  It has worked for 14 years after a decade of ineptness. Im sure Mike brown fears more than anything going back to those dark dark days.

That's the biggest difference between a football fan as an owner (Kraft) and a business man as an owner.

You could be onto something here. MB is so good at what he does, he knows exactly what to do to field a team that will never will a Super Bowl. The common trait you must have: shrinkage on the big stage. If you thrive on the big stage, you'l immediately be removed from the team and their future consideration. If you make a game winning FG or TD, you will be cut. If you're a loose cannon, you'll be named team captain. 
If you look at it this way, it makes complete and utter sense.  Ninja Sarcasm

Can we make a meme with MB saying "stay thirsty average, my friends". 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 04:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wont matter if they don't send Zamp and Alexander with him.  Give Urban OC job?  New HC likely to bring his own staff unless it is internal which makes me think they go defense again with Guenther...

I think they would offer it to Guenther, who is rumored to be leaving to join Jay Gruden in Washington.
Reply/Quote
Can't we just hire a competent OUTSIDE the org HC and let him bring in his own people and see what happens?
Reply/Quote