Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forced Fumbles by our D, or lack thereof
(05-08-2019, 10:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's no big secret our D has been average at best to poor the past few seasons coming in dead last this past season, 15th in 2017, and 16th in 2016 but that as with all stats is only part of the story.

We've been in the very bottom of the league in forced fumbles these last three seasons and I want to know why this D can't force any fumbles ? In 2016 we were tied for last in the league only forcing 3 fumbles. In 2017 we were alone in last place with 3 forced fumbles. Last season we 25th with 6 takeaways from fumbles.

I know some times teams just get lucky and the ball just bounces their way, QB/RB exchange is muffed a WR uses his own knee to fumble or whatever ? But still it's telling in my opinion we rank so low in takeaways via fumble season after season.

We've been +3 -9 and +1 in turnover ratio over the last three seasons and our lack of recovered fumbles is a big part of that even with our CB's that can't catch.

So what gives with the fumbles ? Is it poor tackling form ? Is it not being aggressive enough trying to force fumbles ? Just having poor LBers ? Just playing to soft on defense overall ?

It's just a little weird how few fumbles this team forces.

Need to coach up the players to put their helmets on the ball and punch that ball out more to cause those fumbles. Funny how Austin talked about causing Turnovers last year and we ended up being dead last, goes to show that guy was bad to be nice at coaching.

Our Corners need to practice on the juggs machine that is for sure. Cannot drop all those gamechanging interceptions. I think if we just do these things sooner or later it will start raining turnovers and then pour.

All this being said, being a good tackling team should be of the highest priority first.
Reply/Quote