Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Foreign Influence on POTUS
(01-10-2024, 03:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's extra wacky because Trump clearly trusts Biden seeing as Trump is trying to make it known and/or make it so that a president has legal immunity to have political rivals assassinated.  Clearly the idea is that the president having the ability to assassinate political rivals would only apply to him as the president, not the rival.  He knows Biden isn't going to make use of this, and it's worth the risk to let Biden have that ability for a year so Trump can have it from 2024 to whenever.  Seal Team 6 dropping Liz Cheney on day 1 of Trump's second term would be newsworthy, I'll admit.

This is the funniest thing about the Trump era.

2016 - Ehh, let's see what happens, how crazy could it get?
2024 - The president has full immunity and can have political rivals assassinated!

After all this you really have to wonder what we're going to get after signing up for another 4+ years of this guy in power.  Wee!
That's some pretty rich stuff, eh?!?
If somehow the American voters put lunatic Benedict Donald back in the office, Biden on the last day should order SEAL Team 6 to take Trump out and call it a matter of protecting National security and protecting us from further treason.  Under Trump's logic, there's not a damn thing that the DOJ could do to Biden and it'd all be perfectly legal under the official duties of the president.

Fact Check:  No one is above the law and this was decided when tricky Dick Nixon tried to use this argument and the SCOTUS smacked him down.
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 10:45 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: That's some pretty rich stuff, eh?!?
If somehow the American voters put lunatic Benedict Donald back in the office, Biden on the last day should order SEAL Team 6 to take Trump out and call it a matter of protecting National security and protecting us from further treason.  Under Trump's logic, there's not a damn thing that the DOJ could do to Biden and it'd all be perfectly legal under the official duties of the president.

Fact Check:  No one is above the law and this was decided when tricky Dick Nixon tried to use this argument and the SCOTUS smacked him down.

I like the caveat that a president who is legally allowed to have people killed can technically be held liable as long as people he's allowed to legally kill vote to impeach and convict him.

Why don't we just give regular people that right?  You're on trial for anything, but if you want you can have the jury killed, also they might still try to convict you but probably not after you have a few of them killed to send a message. Before the jury exits to deliberate, would you like to have any or all of them killed as is your right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 11:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I like the caveat that a president who is legally allowed to have people killed can technically be held liable as long as people he's allowed to legally kill vote to impeach and convict him.

Why don't we just give regular people that right?  You're on trial for anything, but if you want you can have the jury killed, also they might still try to convict you but probably not after you have a few of them killed to send a message. Before the jury exits to deliberate, would you like to have any or all of them killed as is your right?

No one can accuse Donald Trump of being a strategic thinker. In a new post, he asserts that he should be given immunity against prosecution for any and all crimes he committed to try to steal the 2020 election BECAUSE he was "looking for voter fraud." Trump seems entirely unaware of the natural consequences of the position he's pushing. 

One of his minions, Elise Stefanik, has taken to calling the insurrectionists men and women, who attacked the US Capitol, assaulted police officers one of whom later died, destroyed property, and hunted for elected officials, "hostages." Ignoring the fact,  that the vast majority of these individuals pleaded guilty, admitting, under oath in court, that they committed crimes on January 6th; however, they we're all ANtiFA and FBI plants, and they still deserve a pardon.  You just can't make this stuff up.

Trump continues to call them hostages and promises to pardon them for their democracy-busting crimes. If that's not giving aid and comfort to an insurrection, then I don't know what is.  Every time he says this, he's sinking himself even more, b/c he just cannot help his mouth.

Fortunately for our Democracy and Constitution, Jack Smith is keeping a book on Trump: His every statement is another piece of incriminating evidence that will be used to convict him at trial and send his ass to prison.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 11:32 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: No one can accuse Donald Trump of being a strategic thinker.

All that needs to be said is that Trump's legal team is arguing that Joe Biden has the right to have Trump killed right now.  Then again, I guess they are arguing that presidents have always had the right to do this, this isn't like something they're arguing needs to be added to the constitution.  So all that "Clinton had so and so killed" stuff is finally a moot point to them?

I feel like as a people watcher I was born at the "right" time.

EDIT - Now I'm picturing Jimmy Carter in 1980 meekly saying that that lyin' Hollywood playboy who is commin' for his job needs to be taken out.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 11:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I like the caveat that a president who is legally allowed to have people killed can technically be held liable as long as people he's allowed to legally kill vote to impeach and convict him.

Well, basically you can just commit any crime while annoucing you are running for president and you can yell everywhere that it is a political witch hunt and that they try to silence a political opponent and get rid of that because you are a star and they let you do it ! 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 12:07 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Well, basically you can just commit any crime while annoucing you are running for president and you can yell everywhere that it is a political witch hunt and that they try to silence a political opponent and get rid of that because you are a star and they let you do it ! 

I'm pretty sure prisons are already full of people who will tell you they are only there because the DOJ/judge/police/system/ex wife/etc had it out for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 12:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty sure prisons are already full of people who will tell you they are only there because the DOJ/judge/police/system/ex wife/etc had it out for them.

Well, if the judge was a liberal, they might be on to something. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 01:01 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Well, if the judge was a liberal, they might be on to something. 

True, the real thing this whole Trump witch hunt is going to do is re open any and every case where an individual was sentenced by a judge or DA that wasn't the same political alignment as him or her.  Also, I'm going to change my affiliation to Whig, so I'll be damn near immune unless a Whig judge sentences me in which case that judge will be an obvious WINO, aka a Whig In Name Only and the sentence will be void, as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 01:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, the real thing this whole Trump witch hunt is going to do is re open any and every case where an individual was sentenced by a judge or DA that wasn't the same political alignment as him or her.  Also, I'm going to change my affiliation to Whig, so I'll be damn near immune unless a Whig judge sentences me in which case that judge will be an obvious WINO, aka a Whig In Name Only and the sentence will be void, as well.

That is damn beautiful thinking. 

Too bad I can't go back through time and smack back my far left teachers with this quote. 

Every word in there is an ode what real freedom is. 

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 01:36 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: That is damn beautiful thinking. 

Too bad I can't go back through time and smack back my far left teachers with this quote. 

Every word in there is an ode what real freedom is. 

15+ years ago I had a right wing girlfriend who sought some sort of legal representation after a liberal professor in her grad program supposedly put too much political weight upon the grading of her writing.  I hadn't thought of that for a long ass time, but that's happened.  I think there was some sort of advocacy group that would hear situations where conservative students/grad students felt they were being unfairly treated by liberal professors. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 01:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, the real thing this whole Trump witch hunt is going to do is re open any and every case where an individual was sentenced by a judge or DA that wasn't the same political alignment as him or her.  Also, I'm going to change my affiliation to Whig, so I'll be damn near immune unless a Whig judge sentences me in which case that judge will be an obvious WINO, aka a Whig In Name Only and the sentence will be void, as well.

That'll fool no one.  Except for a short interlude in the early 19th century US, "Whigs" has been another name for "progressives" since the first iteration of the party ran James II out of England back in 1688 and ended absolute monarchy there for good.  

You're safer as a "Tory." 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 09:00 PM)Dill Wrote: That'll fool no one.  Except for a short interlude in the early 19th century US, "Whigs" has been another name for "progressives" since the first iteration of the party ran James II out of England back in 1688 and ended absolute monarchy there for good.  

You're safer as a "Tory." 

I say we become members of the Bull Moose party.

Reply/Quote