Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Foreign Influence on POTUS
(01-05-2024, 10:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's all about that corporate media. Trump news gets clicks which means ad revenue. As a result he gets all sorts of attention and reporters find any reason to cover him they can come up with.

It's partly that.  I don't think you're lending enough credence to there being a very personal aspect of this in regard to the media.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 02:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's partly that.  I don't think you're lending enough credence to there being a very personal aspect of this in regard to the media.

If anyone believes that anything other than less than 1% of the media coverage of P01135809 is personal it's probably because they take it personally.

It's a businesses baby.  

And stories, good or bad...praising or condemning, get the eye and clicks and that is money.

And money makes the world go round.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 03:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: If anyone believes that anything other than less than 1% of the media coverage of P01135809 is personal it's probably because they take it personally.

It's a businesses baby.  

And stories, good or bad...praising or condemning, get the eye and clicks and that is money.

And money makes the world go round.

I literally cited an example of it in this very thread.  Literally any other POTUS and they would not have tripped over themselves rushing to publish a story about MLK's bust being removed.  They would have asked actual questions, like why it was removed, to which the answer would have been, it wasn't stupid.

Reply/Quote
7.8 mil doesn't seem like a hell of a lot of money to buy off a US president. I mean, it's definitely a lot of money to me personally, but I'd venture a guess that Trump would require significantly more to do the bidding of a foreign entity. You can barely get a decent MLB reliever for 7.8 mil a year.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 01:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think the issue with legitimate criticism of Trump is that it's muddied by plenty of hyperbolic criticism of Trump.  Take his indictments as an example.  The Bragg indictment is a joke, even far left pundits were shitting on it.  The James indictment isn't a whole lot better, with several bank executives literally pulling the rug out from under it.  This is compounded by James's highly partisan public statements/attacks on Trump, bordering on (IMO past bordering) racist, e.g. his cabinet was "too male, too pale and too stale".  

I always tell my officers that the appearance of impropriety is often, if not always, as bad as actual impropriety.  And the left has given Trump supporters reams of ammunition in this regard.  There is so much legitimate cause for criticizing or attacking Trump that it baffles me that people will invent bullshit reasons to do it further.  

You do know he has already been found liable for the fraud in the James indictments. This part of the trial is to determine the penalties. So if those bankers pulled a rug out from under the case, they did a lousy job of it.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
[quote='samhain' pid='1446786' dateline='1704581961']
7.8 mil doesn't seem like a hell of a lot of money to buy off a US president. I mean, it's definitely a lot of money to me personally, but I'd venture a guess that Trump would require significantly more to do the bidding of a foreign entity. You can barely get a decent MLB reliever for 7.8 mil a year.
[/quote

That is the assumed minimum. It is likely much higher.. There is also the belief that they minimized the amount of “profit” they made per foreign revenue at their properties. It is easy to hide the actual customer by hiring travel and event companies. For example Qatar wants to book 200 room nights a Trump Hotel and a 300 person banquet but don’t want the world to find it out. So they hire the Jones Event Company to put together the event. The hotel’s client is The Jones Co and the checks come from them not Qatar. Thus the Trumps don’t have to report the sale and get to keep the profits.

I also wonder if part of that ego stroking was a promise of post presidency business for the organization. He coveted the idea of placing hotels and golf courses at these places

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 05:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I literally cited an example of it in this very thread.  Literally any other POTUS and they would not have tripped over themselves rushing to publish a story about MLK's bust being removed.  They would have asked actual questions, like why it was removed, to which the answer would have been, it wasn't stupid.

I guess you don’t remember the tan suit?
The coffee cup salute?
They could have not made those major stories. Turns out when you are POTUS they make a story about damn near everything you do.

You sound like you’re thinking about joining the cult. Poor Trump the victim
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 07:59 PM)samhain Wrote: 7.8 mil doesn't seem like a hell of a lot of money to buy off a US president.  I mean, it's definitely a lot of money to me personally, but I'd venture a guess that Trump would require significantly more to do the bidding of a foreign entity.  You can barely get a decent MLB reliever for 7.8 mil a year.

That's what they found so far.

Until a real investigation can be performed we may never know.

Obviously P01135809 says that he wasn't involved.  He never is when there is trouble or any hint  (or actual) illegality.

It doesn't have to be a "bribe" or even a quid-pro-quo.  It just set an incredible precedent when the sitting POTUS can do business with countries we do trade with or our are "enemies".

Part of P01135809's thing was ignoring "norms" because he never had to follow any kind of rules or norms in his life.  The issue becomes how that then affects the NEXT POTUS who decides he has unlimited power.

Part of that answer is holding P01135809 accountable and part of it is congress passing or reinforcing actual laws to prevent such things from happening in the future.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 04:31 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I guess you don’t remember the tan suit?
The coffee cup salute?
They could have not made those major stories. Turns out when you are POTUS they make a story about damn near everything you do.

You sound like you’re thinking about joining the cult. Poor Trump the victim

Yep.

Ford fell a lot.
Bush Sr choked on a pretzel.

Again I'd venture less than 1% of stories are "personal"...even the positive ones that gloss over every negative thing he has done.

It's all about making money. 

If any of those stories didn't get attention they would have died immediately.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 04:31 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I guess you don’t remember the tan suit?
The coffee cup salute?

What Fox chooses to do and what the entire mainstream media chooses to do are not the same.  Although it is interesting you're equating the entire media to Fox.

Quote:You sound like you’re thinking about joining the cult. Poor Trump the victim

I could not have asked for a more perfect example of projection.  Or a more perfect example of the left labeling anyone who does not agree with them on everything a "Trump supporter".  Such a black and white world view does have its appeal I suppose. 

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 03:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What Fox chooses to do and what the entire mainstream media chooses to do are not the same.  Although it is interesting you're equating the entire media to Fox.

I could not have asked for a more perfect example of projection.  Or a more perfect example of the left labeling anyone who does not agree with them on everything a "Trump supporter".  Such a black and white world view does have its appeal I suppose. 

Did I mention Fox?

It’s not my party. But it seems to me weakness and blind partisan apologists like yourself is why a pathological lying, serial sexual assaulter, friend of Epstein, conman, traitor is the leader of one of the two major parties in this country. I’d be embarrassed to be a registered republican with those being the facts. Keep wasting your intellect “not defending Trump” while he continues to go in front of crowds of people of your ilk and makes unacceptable un-American speeches like the people in prison for assaulting our government and capitol are “hostages” and demands for Biden to release them.

I’m glad you reminded us about the media unfairly treating him though.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 07:59 PM)samhain Wrote: 7.8 mil doesn't seem like a hell of a lot of money to buy off a US president.  I mean, it's definitely a lot of money to me personally, but I'd venture a guess that Trump would require significantly more to do the bidding of a foreign entity.  You can barely get a decent MLB reliever for 7.8 mil a year.

For normal people who don't defraud kids charities to escape taxes, might be ... But when your daily activity is to grind you take any amount of money. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Funny thing. Now ( like his pairs ) he wants to indict Biden for supposing millions of dollars from foreign countries two days after the documents where he was paid by foreign countries got out ...

You can't fight that level of craziness, you don't change people, you get rid of them.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1744346381605573049

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 05:02 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Did I mention Fox?

Yeah, did you not realize it?

Quote:It’s not my party. But it seems to me weakness and blind partisan apologists like yourself

Dear lord, this topic really makes you unhinged.

Quote:is why a pathological lying, serial sexual assaulter, friend of Epstein, conman, traitor is the leader of one of the two major parties in this country. I’d be embarrassed to be a registered republican with those being the facts. Keep wasting your intellect “not defending Trump” while he continues to go in front of crowds of people of your ilk and makes unacceptable un-American speeches like the people in prison for assaulting our government and capitol are “hostages” and demands for Biden to release them.

I'll wait for you to produce the post in which I defended Trump.

Quote:I’m glad you reminded us about the media unfairly treating him though.

You do realize that Trump can be absolutely all of the things you listed in your screed and for the media to still treat him unfairly, right?  Those aren't mutually exclusive concepts.  You get whipped into such a froth over him that anything other than a full throated attack on Trump is viewed as a defense.  You're hardly alone though, it's a common failing.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 12:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, did you not realize it?

Dear lord, this topic really makes you unhinged.

I'll wait for you to produce the post in which I defended Trump.

You do realize that Trump can be absolutely all of the things you listed in your screed and for the media to still treat him unfairly, right?  Those aren't mutually exclusive concepts.  You get whipped into such a froth over him that anything other than a full throated attack on Trump is viewed as a defense.  You're hardly alone though, it's a common failing.

Absolutely it does. I love this country. And when people like yourself continue to come to the defense of and make excuses for a person who almost ended democracy in the USA. All the while he continues to use the same exact rhetoric that led to an assault on our capitol and government. That should be unacceptable to every American. But for some reason you guys act like the downfall of American democracy is no big deal and it’s disgusting.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 02:07 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Absolutely it does. I love this country. And when people like yourself continue to come to the defense of and make excuses for a person who almost ended democracy in the USA.

I'll ask again.  Find the post in which I defended Trump.

Quote:All the while he continues to use the same exact rhetoric that led to an assault on our capitol and government.  That should be unacceptable to every American. But for some reason you guys act like the downfall of American democracy is no big deal and it’s disgusting.

Not really sure how you're getting any of that from my posts.  For some reason Bel seems to understand just fine.  Maybe he's a closet Trump supporter/defender too?  Whatever

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 02:07 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Absolutely it does. I love this country. And when people like yourself continue to come to the defense of and make excuses for a person who almost ended democracy in the USA. All the while he continues to use the same exact rhetoric that led to an assault on our capitol and government.  That should be unacceptable to every American. But for some reason you guys act like the downfall of American democracy is no big deal and it’s disgusting.

Remember, it's a good idea to distinguish between actual Trump supporters, who laud his integrity and "genius," 

and Trump "defenders" who defend his policies and/or routinely attack his critics/prosecutors, running interference for him on all fronts.

The latter will always tell you how much they abhor Trump before praising his SCOTUS choices and lamenting his ill treatment in the "leftist" press.

For them it's more about anxiety over some omnipresent and threatening "left" than about Trump.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 05:02 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Did I mention Fox?

It’s not my party. But it seems to me weakness and blind partisan apologists like yourself is why a pathological lying, serial sexual assaulter, friend of Epstein, conman, traitor is the leader of one of the two major parties in this country. I’d be embarrassed to be a registered republican with those being the facts. Keep wasting your intellect “not defending Trump” while he continues to go in front of crowds of people of your ilk and makes unacceptable un-American speeches like the people in prison for assaulting our government and capitol are “hostages” and demands for Biden to release them.

I’m glad you reminded us about the media unfairly treating him though.

I have to admit when you brought up the tan suit my first thought was FOX, but to be fair other news/opinion shows on other networks mentioned it too, along with a bunch of other stories about Obama.

What you have to remember too is that while FOX is the ratings leader it seems no one every admits to watching it when something about the station is mentioned... Smirk

These guys will say they aren't defending P01135809, they just think he is treated unfairly...despite everything going through the courts, including several judges appointed by him.

People are willing to admit he is awful, has broken multiple norms, should never be re-elected but somehow he is the target of these "personal" attacks.  It takes a large about of twisting in their own brains to believe both, IMHO.

And heaven forbid you suggest they are wrong.  Then YOU are "angry" and you care too much about it.

It would be funny if the stakes were not so high.

As a sidenote I know no one who actually supports P01135809 will ever change their mind.  If everything he has said and done doesn't show him to be despicable nothing will.  It's this idea that he is being attacked for being P01135809 vs reporting and investigating and prosecuting for those things he has said and done that is just wrong.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2024, 01:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think the issue with legitimate criticism of Trump is that it's muddied by plenty of hyperbolic criticism of Trump. 

(01-05-2024, 09:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: All the while providing ample fuel to the fire for his claims of unprecedented persecution. 

This is the type of weak partisan apologist stuff I was talking about. I know why it is muddied, and it is soft people in his party. It's really easy for me to condemn the man responsible for organizing and fueling the crowd that assaulted our capitol. It's really easy for me to condemn the man who broke his oath and went through thorough efforts to end democracy in the USA.

You on the other hand, take a weak partisan apologist stance and act like this is just politics as usual. And that same attitude is pervasive in the party. Which is why your party leader is still a friend of Epstein oath breaking traitor.
Reply/Quote
Sorry to derail the thread Bels.

I thought foreign payments were a big reason there is an impeachment inquiry on Biden?
Reply/Quote