Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forfeit the Miami Game/Tank for Tua
(10-13-2019, 10:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Kyler Murray got 4 years 35 mil, so around 8.7 a season. That’s still less than half what Dalton makes. And we don’t even have to trade him, pretty sure we could cut him with little or no dead money next year.

But you’re right I should have included the new QB’s salary.

Correct. $17.7 mill cap hit in 2020 with $0 in dead cap.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How after seeing our draft the last few years anyone can believe that we'll draft well regardless of the position is confusing to me. Relying on this management group to successfully pick the next franchise QB is rather terrifying.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 03:46 PM)R3stangs Wrote: How after seeing our draft the last few years anyone can believe that we'll draft well regardless of the position is confusing to me. Relying on this management group to successfully pick the next franchise QB is rather terrifying.

Having Alex Van Pelt on staff makes me feel a little better about this coaching staff drafting a QB high.  Just a smidge.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:17 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: If you have to take an OT with a top 3 pick the year after taking one 12th, you might as well give up as a franchise.  Nobody spends that kind of draft capital on the offensive line.  

A competent team should be able to find a solid RT in the 30's, i.e. where the Bengals' 2nd round pick would be.  The only choice that makes sense in the first round other than taking a QB would be if they get a crazy offer to trade down.

Correct, they should, in theory. But the thought of taking Thomas and putting him at anything other than LT would be wrong.
The proper move would be to put Williams at LG or RT in that case. Given how LG is even worse than RT, I'd put Williams at LG if Thomas were drafted.

Here's how the Colts OL stacks up:
LT - 22nd overall (2011)
LG - 6th overall (2018)
C - 18th overall (2016)
RG - 144th overall by SEA and claimed off waivers (2015)
RT - 37th overall (2018)

One would hope the Bengals would realize there's no turning Bobby Hart into a Pro Bowler. But will they spend precious draft capital on two OL in the first two rounds when they arguably also could use a franchise QB?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 11:23 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: What is the harm in trying another QB? I saw many opportunities for Dalton to step up. Finley may not do any better, but at this point there is nothing to lose. 

Exactly. At this point mobility maybe a better attribute than passing for our QB because of the non existent o line. Dalton has cement blocks for feet
Reply/Quote

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
omg how funny would it be if week 16 we were both winless going for the first round and started doing things like fumbling on purpose and running away from the ball or running and then handing the ball off to the opposing team? Imagine how the NFL would lose their mind if there were two Washington Generals on the field and no Harlem Globetrotters! LOL
Reply/Quote
0-16 must be avoided at all costs.

I'm a hater from way back, and I want good picks to rebuild this roster. That doesn't mean I want this team to bear the permanent stain of being 0-16 in any year. It's an historic marker of failure. We have enough to be ashamed of as it pertains to this team without that kind of distinction.

I don't give a shit if Tom Brady is reborn and we could draft him if we get the top pick. It's just not worth it. Nobody remembers 1-15 teams or 2-14 teams. The league is absolutely filled with shitty teams, so that kind of performance would get caught up in the wash. 0-16 is like the reverse Super Bowl. It's a title you own even when you get better.

FWIW, I don't see QB in this draft worth tanking for anyway. I see a lot of good to above average guys at the top in a year after a bad QB crop in 2019 that's getting people excited. Even if we pick 3rd or 4th, we're going to get a shot at a hell of a prospect at another spot.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 04:06 PM)GodFather Wrote: omg how funny would it be if week 16 we were both winless going for the first round and started doing things like fumbling on purpose and running away from the ball or running and then handing the ball off to the opposing team? Imagine how the NFL would lose their mind if there were two Washington Generals on the field and no Harlem Globetrotters! LOL

Both teams start punting on first down with the returners intentionally muffing the punts. Crowd can't decide to boo or laugh.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 03:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Both teams start punting on first down with the returners intentionally muffing the punts. Crowd can't decide to boo or laugh.

Then the game turns into a soccer match as both teams start kicking the ball towards one another.

Mike Brown sits in the crowd watching this unfold and thinks "We're doing some good things!"
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 03:31 PM)samhain Wrote: 0-16 must be avoided at all costs.  

I'm a hater from way back, and I want good picks to rebuild this roster.  That doesn't mean I want this team to bear the permanent stain of being 0-16 in any year.  It's an historic marker of failure.  We have enough to be ashamed of as it pertains to this team without that kind of distinction.  
I'm with you there. We may have been the worst professional sports franchise throughout the 90s, but we NEVER went 0-16. Then again, is 0-16 really going to change people's perceptions about the Bengals? Because of the 90s, even when we went to 5 straight playoff appearances, we still were looked down upon. So, who knows?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 05:34 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Just going to ignore our 31st ranked defense?

The Bengals played a great game week 1 and after that it is all from bad coaching. First week it looked like both offense and defense had potential and yet after that game that potential went away fairly fast. 

Go back and watch that game; the D and O both played to a high level and the coaches did an excellent job its just calls didn't go their way. After that game its like the coaching staff exited right as fast as they can. Not sure why but that is how this year has looked IMO. 

ZT and company need to have a good old pow wow and work as a TEAM and make sure that the players on the field are executing the plays as a TEAM. I'm starting to feel that the failures of Bengals in 2019 is do to coaching inexperience from the HC and the coordinators.  
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 08:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: [img]http:http://thebengalsboard.com/attachment.php?aid=564//[/img]

LOL

Yep. 100% agreed. Tua reminds me of Geno Torretta winning the Heisman as "Best college player in the country" when it was clear that he wasn't in the list of top 10 players at the University of Miami.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote