Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forfeit the Miami Game/Tank for Tua
(10-13-2019, 06:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This, I'm glad I didn't have to be the one to bring it up.  Burrow and Herbert seem much more prepared for the adversities that they will face in the NFL.  

He sure it rocketing up the draft boards.  The dude just doesn't get rattled, holds his composure under pressure about as well as any CFB QB I've seen since Drew Brees was at Purdue.
Great comparison to Brees. That is spot on!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This, I'm glad I didn't have to be the one to bring it up.  Burrow and Herbert seem much more prepared for the adversities that they will face in the NFL.  

He sure it rocketing up the draft boards.  The dude just doesn't get rattled, holds his composure under pressure about as well as any CFB QB I've seen since Drew Brees was at Purdue.

The November 9th game between LSU vs Alabama will be a great game to watch
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 05:24 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: After watching the end of the Miami-Redskin game there is no question that Miami is intentionally losing.  Can we go ahead and forfeit the Miami game so they can’t intentionally lose under the guise of just making horrible play calls.  Even our offensive guru coach hasn’t made a play call like that.
#1.  You are wrong that Miami or any team is losing on purpose.  I did not watch much of Bengals and I watched some Seattle over Browns but mostly I watched NFL Network Game Day of up to the minute NFL highlights.  Miami & Washington was 2 teams with no wins not looking good.  It was a close game most of the way.  That McCellem or however you spell the Washington rookie WR is very good and New coach went with best QB to get him the ball.  

#2.  The Bengals don't have to take a dive because Miami can beat Bengals straight out.  Bengals have the worst blocking and tackling in the NFL.  If they played today, Miami would beat them in the trenches and win the game.  Neither team would throw the game. 

So talk of throwing this game is too Pete Rose to all Cincinnati Fans.  Plus it's not needed since Miami would beat Bengals right now anyway. Bengals have worst team in NFL and it has shown every week for last 2 or 3 years.  I didn't even watch Bengals much today and my stress level is great.  No stress because I will not watch them until they win a game, which may be next season. I meant it when I said I would not watch them play like The Bungles anymore.  I went through that in 1990's and early 2000's, NEVER AGAIN. They need to win a game before I stress out over these losers again. 

PS.  I've seen Mike Brown and Bengals have the #1 pick in Ki Jana Carter, Big Dad Wilkenson and Carson Palmer and for the most part I'm not impressed, nor did team ever get a play-off win.  Had they traded the Akili Smith pick to Mike Ditka for all the Saints picks plus Top Picks the next 2 years, THAT would have been great, but Mike Brown too stupid to do even that.  The Bengals bad draft choices are nothing to get fired up about either.  Odds are whoever they draft will be injured and miss his rookie season as all Bengals top picks, and you can blame some of that on the smallest & cheapest scouting dept in NFL.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 05:38 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Not at all. But if u have the first pick....hypothetically speaking...where do you start?

trading down because there are too many holes.
Reply/Quote
To take anything other than offensive line or linebacker would be a massive waste. Fix the line and you fix the offense.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:17 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: trading down because there are too many holes.

...that need to be filled by elite level players. Not late round projects, or guys that dropped due to injuries.

If you have a top 5 pick you USE IT!

Last time we did we got AJ Green. Unless you want more Billy Price’s I’m good on trading back.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:12 PM)kevin Wrote: PS.  I've seen Mike Brown

I bet he would have looked very different to you today.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:17 PM)Cicero Wrote: To take anything other than offensive line or linebacker would be a massive waste. Fix the line and you fix the offense.

I’m so sick of seeing people parrot this crap.

Getting a potential franchise QB would NOT be a waste.

Reply/Quote
If I'm one of the top QB's in the draft I'd refuse to come here a la Eli Manning.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I bet he would have looked very different to you today.

You need to work for TV News cutting off sentences.   I said I've seen Mike Brown make some not that great draft picks, so excitement over the draft never pans out either.  I didn't say I saw Mike Brown, period.  However I did see old Mt Baldy on TV up in owners box on TV, still very much running everything, not Katey as some claim.  Mike with that stupid hat on looking like Mr Magoo.  The few moments of the game I saw, the TV showed him.  Mike Brown never looks different or never does anything different, always a cheap loser. 

My main point was Miami would flat out beat Bengals, no dive needed.  Bengals are worse than Miami.  Then Mike Brown can draft another most injured player in the draft as every year. .
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'd rather just let the teams wanting QBs have at it and take Andrew Thomas. Take a great OL to pair with Jonah and fix a problem that's killed this team for almost 4 years.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 05:34 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Need to spend the first 3 picks fixing this oline and lb core

...and Cincinnati needs new offensive line and linebacker coaches too. This might be the biggest offseason priority and it has to happen before the draft.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:46 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd rather just let the teams wanting QBs have at it and take Andrew Thomas. Take a great OL to pair with Jonah and fix a problem that's killed this team for almost 4 years.

Mediocre QB play has also plagued this team for 4 years.

I saw Lamar run all over the field today. His elusiveness is ridiculous. Not all QB’s need a perfect pocket every single play to make things happen.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:46 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd rather just let the teams wanting QBs have at it and take Andrew Thomas. Take a great OL to pair with Jonah and fix a problem that's killed this team for almost 4 years.

Amen. We could put Johnny Unitas back from the dead back there and he would be a sitting duck too.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:45 PM)kevin Wrote: You need to work for TV News cutting off sentences.   I said I've seen Mike Brown make some not that great draft picks, so excitement over the draft never pans out either.  I didn't say I saw Mike Brown, period.  However I did see old Mt Baldy on TV up in owners box on TV, still very much running everything, not Katey as some claim.  Mike with that stupid hat on looking like Mr Magoo.  The few moments of the game I saw, the TV showed him.  Mike Brown never looks different or never does anything different, always a cheap loser. 

My main point was Miami would flat out beat Bengals, no dive needed.  Bengals are worse than Miami.  Then Mike Brown can draft another most injured player in the draft as every year. .

I guess you missed earlier in the broadcast when they showed the wrong guy and said he was Mike Brown! Hilarious
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:50 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Amen. We could put Johnny Unitas back from the dead back there and he would be a sitting duck too.

Join the 21st century grandpa lol

Reply/Quote
If we get a great deal for our top pick of the draft we're fools not to take it. I don't see a once in a generation QB right now. If we're able to fill multiple holes then that's what we should do. We have Dalton under contract next year, so at the very least we have 1 more year before we need to find a new QB. You know what a rookie QBs best friend is? A good OL and run game to relieve pressure. We have neither right now. If we draft a QB I would want to set him up for success. Even if that would be sacrificing the play of our defense. The last thing you want to do is shatter a young QBs confidence and screw up his internal clock right away. Even if we're taking Ls and the new QB is playing and looking good then that will keep his confidence high and we can build a defense up. Drafting a QB while everything else is looking like a high school level team will bring us back to the 90s (or just keep the quality the same as this year).
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Join the 21st century grandpa lol

Okay, Joe Montana. Not even Tom Brady would survive behind the Cincinnati offensive line. Corey Dillon would have thrown his pads into the stands already.

Oh, and I’m only 49. Not a grandfather and not even close. Haha!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Okay, Joe Montana. Not even Tom Brady would survive behind the Cincinnati offensive line. Corey Dillon would have thrown his pads into the stands already.

Oh, and I’m only 49. Not a grandfather and not even close. Haha!

Plenty of current QBs would do far better than Dalton with this OL. Including the one we faced today.

The pure pocket passer is getting rarer and rarer. DE’s are just too fast these days, you either need a completely dominant OL (which is extremely hard to build) or you need a mobile QB that can make things happen on his own. We’ve been trying to address the OL for 4 years now with no success. I’d say it’s time to try something different...

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 05:44 PM)bengals73 Wrote: This is the Bengals we're talking about, With the 1st pick in the NFL draft, the Cincinnati Bengals pick *Insert some no name 4th round pick who had a great long jump*

But ONLY if he's severely injured before the draft.. Maybe a complete spinal removal or something minor like that.. Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote