Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forfeit the Miami Game/Tank for Tua
(10-13-2019, 06:51 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I guess you missed earlier in the broadcast when they showed the wrong guy and said he was Mike Brown! Hilarious

I didn't see that, but I saw Mike looking like Mr Magoo in owners box.  What little I watched of Bengals, which wasn't much.  0-6 isn't much to watch.  Maybe we need the wrong guy to be owner.  Can we pull a switch and sneak the wrong guy in.  I'm all for making the Wrong Guy on TV the new owner in a decoy coup by the fan base. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
You guys probably follow Ohio St closer than I do. How about that edge rusher?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 07:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Plenty of current QBs would do far better than Dalton with this OL. Including the one we faced today.

The pure pocket passer is getting rarer and rarer. DE’s are just too fast these days, you either need a completely dominant OL (which is extremely hard to build) or you need a mobile QB that can make things happen on his own. We’ve been trying to address the OL for 4 years now with no success. I’d say it’s time to try something different...

...and this fixes the lack of a rushing game how?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 07:19 PM)jorev5 Wrote: You guys probably follow Ohio St closer than I do.  How about that edge rusher?

He's good, but I don't think that he's "top 5" in the entire draft, good.  Chase Young can, and has taken over and dominated in some games.  I'd like to see him be more consistent, but we still have half the season, with some tough tests still ahead, so he can still play up to the level that high ranking merits. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 07:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and this fixes the lack of a rushing game how?

I dunno, Jackson looked pretty good running the ball today.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 07:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and this fixes the lack of a rushing game how?

Firing Jim Turner would be the first step.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 07:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Firing Jim Turner would be the first step.

...and we are completely in agreement. He’s worse than the Piano Man and I’m refluxing my dinner just writing that.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 07:19 PM)jorev5 Wrote: You guys probably follow Ohio St closer than I do. How about that edge rusher?

Chase Young is a generational talent.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m so sick of seeing people parrot this crap.

Getting a potential franchise QB would NOT be a waste.

Seriously!?! You want to develop a qb behind this line? David Klingler and David Carr said hello.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:46 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd rather just let the teams wanting QBs have at it and take Andrew Thomas. Take a great OL to pair with Jonah and fix a problem that's killed this team for almost 4 years.

Co-signed.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 08:18 PM)Cicero Wrote: Seriously!?! You want to develop a qb behind this line? David Klingler and David Carr said hello.

Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson also say hello.

Some QB’s can overcome bad OL play.

Reply/Quote
Just take BPA I don’t care who it is. If it’s a DE lime Chase Young do it. N draft a quarterback next year.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 09:22 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Just take BPA I don’t care who it is. If it’s a DE lime Chase Young do it. N draft a quarterback next year.

Honestly, DE is about the only position other than QB I’d be ok with using that high of a pick on.

Either a QB, or someone that can get to the QB. Those are your biggest game changers on each side of the ball.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 08:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson also say hello.

I don't know if I'm more upset that at the Bengals this year, or that so many people on this message board don't get this.

Seriously. That team with Watson his first year was baaad. Heck, Daniel Jones has came in with the Giants and has showed some good moments. You have to draft a high upside QB when you draft that high, and your team is where we are.

Though, if we picked Chase Young, I wouldn't tear my hair out. That's it though.. him or Tua/Herbert/Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 08:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson also say hello.

Also a sad reminder that we could've had Deshaun.. picked the fast guy who's on IR again.

Ugh, if there was a time machine, Bengals fans might be the biggest users. Take me to a time when we are competitive again!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m so sick of seeing people parrot this crap.

Getting a potential franchise QB would NOT be a waste.

It is if you’re not going to spend big money on a quality O-Line, something Mike Brown has recently refused to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 09:47 PM)bjf123 Wrote: It is if you’re not going to spend big money on a quality O-Line, something Mike Brown has recently refused to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going with a rookie QB over Dalton frees up a significant amount of money right of the bat. Then hopefully Jonah pans out, Hopkins at Center, Price at one of the OG spots, we’d really only need a 1-2 additions. You have 6 more rounds to go OL after taking a QB.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 07:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Firing Jim Turner would be the first step.

Doubt that would help. They are 4 deep at tackle and that wasnt a good position group to begin with...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 09:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Going with a rookie QB over Dalton frees up like 17 million right off the bat. Then hopefully Jonah pans out, Hopkins at Center, Price at one of the OG spots, we’d really only need a 1-2 additions. You have 6 more rounds to go OL after taking a QB.
Does it? I think you mean Dalton's 17 million minus the 1st round top 3 pick we draft salary. I am guessing that pick is not cheap, but yes we would pick up some salary cap space if we trade AD nd draft a 1st round QB
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:01 PM)Synric Wrote: Doubt that would help. They are 4 deep at tackle and that wasnt a good position group to begin with...

If we replace him with a better coach it would help. You can use injury excuses all you want, but if these guys are the NFL they should be able to run block for more than 30 yds in a game. Period.

Reply/Quote