Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forfeit the Miami Game/Tank for Tua
(10-13-2019, 08:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson also say hello.

Some QB’s can overcome bad OL play.

Should we leave it up to whatever draft wizard is calling the shots to determine who that QB is? What do we have? One guy from the past 2 drafts contributing anything right now?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Does it? I think you mean Dalton's 17 million minus the 1st round top 3 pick we draft salary. I am guessing that pick is not cheap, but yes we would pick up some salary cap space if we trade AD nd draft a 1st round QB

Kyler Murray got 4 years 35 mil, so around 8.7 a season. That’s still less than half what Dalton makes. And we don’t even have to trade him, pretty sure we could cut him with little or no dead money next year.

But you’re right I should have included the new QB’s salary.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:01 PM)Synric Wrote: Doubt that would help. They are 4 deep at tackle and that wasnt a good position group to begin with...

Yeah, I'm not saying Turner is a great coach, but the guy has to trot John Jerry out there at LT.  
Reply/Quote
If you have to take an OT with a top 3 pick the year after taking one 12th, you might as well give up as a franchise. Nobody spends that kind of draft capital on the offensive line.

A competent team should be able to find a solid RT in the 30's, i.e. where the Bengals' 2nd round pick would be. The only choice that makes sense in the first round other than taking a QB would be if they get a crazy offer to trade down.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:11 PM)jason Wrote: Should we leave it up to whatever draft wizard is calling the shots to determine who that QB is? What do we have? One guy from the past 2 drafts contributing anything right now?

We’ve done pretty well with our last 2 early round QBs. Unless you think all the credit goes to Marvin.

I know, I know, Mike Brown supposedly wanted Mallet, Kaepernick, etc, but maybe Tobin was the voice of reason there.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Does it? I think you mean Dalton's 17 million minus the 1st round top 3 pick we draft salary. I am guessing that pick is not cheap, but yes we would pick up some salary cap space if we trade AD nd draft a 1st round QB

You're paying for the draft pick regardless of whether you're taking a QB with that pick or not, though.  
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: Yeah, I'm not saying Turner is a great coach, but the guy has to trot John Jerry out there at LT.  

He wasn’t that bad today. Better than Andre, anyway...

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He wasn’t that bad today. Better than Andre, anyway...

He did ok, overall, but he's still a career G that was out of the league last year playing at LT.

It's hard to blame the chef when he's trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:34 PM)Whatever Wrote: He did ok, overall, but he's still a career G that was out of the league last year playing at LT.

It's hard to blame the chef when he's trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Is this OL really that much worse than last season? It’s not like Glenn was all that. Yet somehow Mixon rushes for 1k+ yds. Pollack had to have had a lot to do with that.

Reply/Quote
You at least have to put Finley in now and see what he can do.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 12:59 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: You at least have to put Finley in now and see what he can do.

No one can do well behind this line...not even a QB like Dalton who can have 1 somewhat great year per decade.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 11:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: No one can do well behind this line...not even a QB like Dalton who can have 1 somewhat great year per decade.

What is the harm in trying another QB? I saw many opportunities for Dalton to step up. Finley may not do any better, but at this point there is nothing to lose. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 11:23 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: What is the harm in trying another QB? I saw many opportunities for Dalton to step up. Finley may not do any better, but at this point there is nothing to lose. 

No one can win behind this o-line, it's hopeless.  We've seen one QB behind it and he can't do it, so why shouldn't we just give up?  We are legitimately living out that high school cheer where Andy Andy he's our man and if he can't do it, no one can.  No one can do it!

Can you actually imagine any other NFL team saying "Well, if Andy Dalton can't win here no one can!"

DISCLAIMER - I'm not saying Dalton isn't pretty good or OK or the reason we are losing, I just can't imagine any other franchise declaring all hope to be lost after trying one average QB.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 11:23 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: What is the harm in trying another QB? I saw many opportunities for Dalton to step up. Finley may not do any better, but at this point there is nothing to lose. 

He may not have been 100% serious. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is this OL really that much worse than last season? It’s not like Glenn was all that. Yet somehow Mixon rushes for 1k+ yds. Pollack had to have had a lot to do with that.

You forgot Clint Boling and Alex Redmond too though....not that Redmond is great or anything, but Boling was DEFINITELY better than anyone that's played LG this season. Glenn is better than any LT that's played this season. By PFF grades, Redmond and Miller are a draw, although I think Miller is better at pass pro, and Redmond is better at run blocking. Someone may need to verify the last sentence.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Just going to throw this out there. The word that I'm hearing from South Florida is the Dolphins are leaning towards Fromm. If this holds true a trade down could be in the mix. I've already read a mock draft that shows the Phins doing exactly that.
Reply/Quote
Ugh, I'm really not feeling Tua for some reason.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 02:49 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Just going to throw this out there. The word that I'm hearing from South Florida is the Dolphins are leaning towards Fromm. If this holds true a trade down could be in the mix. I've already read a mock draft that shows the Phins doing exactly that.

Yikes

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 02:53 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Ugh, I'm really not feeling Tua for some reason.

I feel like people discredit him solely because he plays for Alabama. Kid is obviously damn good.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 05:34 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Need to spend the first 3 picks fixing this oline and lb core

Be careful what you wish for. You might get Cedric Ogbuehi, Jake Fisher, and Paul Dawson (Yes, all three were drafted in Rds 1, 2, and 3 in the same draft).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote