Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Arkansas and NFL QB Ryan Mallett dead
Drowned in florida, per reports. 

"Former Michigan and Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett died after drowning in Florida on Tuesday, according to a report from Deltaplex News in Pine Bluff, Ark. He was 35 years old."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/06/27/ryan-mallett-dies-drowning-accident-arkansas-michigan

RIP

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
35 is young to be passing. May his family find peace.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Didn’t Mike want to draft him?

Very sad story.

Reply/Quote
prayers for his family

PSA: even the best swimmer can drown in ocean waters...be careful please

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sadly, this is very true and was preventable. The Gulf hasn't been swimmable for the past 3 weeks. It's been single and double red flags every day for nearly a month. It has been unseasonably rainy here for the month of June. Our June weather has been more akin to typical July weather. One thing that I do at the end of every one of my shows is to remind people to have fun but be very mindful of the water. If you grew up in this water, you learn to respect and learn it's ways.

This ain't no crick, farm pond, or even a small lake. This water will kill you if you don't respect it. Apparently, there were several of them all the way out on the second. Just foolish. This is terrible and I completely feel for his folks. That said, it was so avoidable, completely avoidable!! Sux!

This group of people is fortunate that they only lost one life today. Peace be with him and his loved ones.
Reply/Quote
Another gone to young
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 02:01 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Sadly, this is very true and was preventable. The Gulf hasn't been swimmable for the past 3 weeks. It's been single and double red flags every day for nearly a month. It has been unseasonably rainy here for the month of June. Our June weather has been more akin to typical July weather. One thing that I do at the end of every one of my shows is to remind people to have fun but be very mindful of the water. If you grew up in this water, you learn to respect and learn it's ways.

This ain't no crick, farm pond, or even a small lake. This water will kill you if you don't respect it. Apparently, there were several of them all the way out on the second. Just foolish. This is terrible and I completely feel for his folks. That said, it was so unavoidable, completely unavoidable!! Sux!

This group of people is fortunate that they only lost one life today. Peace be with him and his loved ones.

Yep. 10 deaths on Panama City Beaches this month. Deadliest beach in the US rght now. All the way up to Gulf Shores, where i'll be in Sept. I saw a shark fin last year so between that and the rip currents you better believe i won't be going out more than a few feet this year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 10:50 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. 10 deaths on Panama City Beaches this month. Deadliest beach in the US rght now. All the way up to Gulf Shores, where i'll be in Sept. I saw a shark fin last year so between that and the rip currents you better believe i won't be going out more than a few feet this year. 

This one happened near Gulf Shore Dr. in Destin.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 11:20 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: This one happened near Gulf Shore Dr. in Destin.

Yep. I mentioned to my wife about "deadliest beach in US" and she said but we'll be in Gulf Shores. I had to tell her there was a death in Gulf Shores, though it is about 10 miles east of where we stay...still, i ain't risking it. My wife can't swim so she will only go out knee/waist deep if i'm there holding her hand. 

My boss is going to Destin the week after i go to Gulf Shores, so i've already talked to him about it too. 

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 11:28 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. I mentioned to my wife about "deadliest beach in US" and she said but we'll be in Gulf Shores. I had to tell her there was a death in Gulf Shores, though it is about 10 miles east of where we stay...still, i ain't risking it. My wife can't swim so she will only go out knee/waist deep if i'm there holding her hand. 

My boss is going to Destin the week after i go to Gulf Shores, so i've already talked to him about it too. 

I was just there between Destin and Santa Rosa... My daughter can't swim so I had her on my hip at all times. Pretty calm when I was there, but I guess the navy pilots see sharks all the damn time while flying over.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 02:06 PM)jason Wrote: I was just there between Destin and Santa Rosa... My daughter can't swim so I had her on my hip at all times. Pretty calm when I was there, but I guess the navy pilots see sharks all the damn time while flying over.

Last year i was just sitting under the awning we put up and i happened to look out and see a pretty decent sized fin just cruising down the beach about 100 feet out. I was like "nope". We stay at a condo and the beach is private so there is no one around there but us. Even when we stay at one of the resorts and there are a lot of people in the water...i'm still keeping eyes out all the time and i stay pretty close to other people. 

Meat shields!! lol I love sharks, i just don't want to ever be near one in the water.

Reply/Quote
May he rest in peace. Wy too young to go.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 04:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Last year i was just sitting under the awning we put up and i happened to look out and see a pretty decent sized fin just cruising down the beach about 100 feet out. I was like "nope". We stay at a condo and the beach is private so there is no one around there but us. Even when we stay at one of the resorts and there are a lot of people in the water...i'm still keeping eyes out all the time and i stay pretty close to other people. 

Meat shields!! lol I love sharks, i just don't want to ever be near one in the water.

Yeah. Don't have to be faster than the shark. Just faster than the other people around.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 02:06 PM)jason Wrote: I was just there between Destin and Santa Rosa... My daughter can't swim so I had her on my hip at all times. Pretty calm when I was there, but I guess the navy pilots see sharks all the damn time while flying over.

They made fishermen change their netting technique way back in the early 80s. When I was a child, a person would rarely see gators, bald eagles, bears, and sharks here. I mean almost never! Hell, I had about a 400-pound bear just stroll through the yard about 3 weeks ago. Gators, eagles, bears, and sharks are everywhere in the panhandle these days. 

The efforts to help them increase their numbers have been successful. Unfortunately, the continuation of massive growth is forcing these critters into human contact much more often these days.  Sharks are rarely troublesome. Mostly just when a person is fishing in the gulf. The bears are actually pretty chill. It's the gators and eagles that are becoming a nuisance. They like to prey on people's pets. 
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 08:20 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: They made fishermen change their netting technique way back in the early 80s. When I was a child, a person would rarely see gators, bald eagles, bears, and sharks here. I mean almost never! Hell, I had about a 400-pound bear just stroll through the yard about 3 weeks ago. Gators, eagles, bears, and sharks are everywhere in the panhandle these days. 

The efforts to help them increase their numbers have been successful. Unfortunately, the continuation of massive growth is forcing these critters into human contact much more often these days.  Sharks are rarely troublesome. Mostly just when a person is fishing in the gulf. The bears are actually pretty chill. It's the gators and eagles that are becoming a nuisance. They like to prey on people's pets. 

Yep. A week after we left a bear just trotted out into the ocean from the dunes... People everywhere.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
According to the news here the flags were yellow that day.
He was the head coach at White Hall. He said he always knew he’d coach once his playing days were over.
One of the players he took under his wing, who was also a neighbor, was shot and killed last year. Ryan was just about crying when they intervened him following the incident, and said the kid was like a son to him. Over the past year, he and the kids mom have been leaning on each other for support. She said in a strange way she has found comfort knowing they were reunited now.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 10:50 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. 10 deaths on Panama City Beaches this month. Deadliest beach in the US rght now. All the way up to Gulf Shores, where i'll be in Sept. I saw a shark fin last year so between that and the rip currents you better believe i won't be going out more than a few feet this year. 

I spent a lot of time scuba diving in the ocean and the ocean scares the hell out of me, and the sharks are the least of it. As soon as you get in the water, you are no longer at the top of the food chain. There's so much in the ocean that just wants to kill you. When I go to an ocean resort, I spend my time in the pool. 
Reply/Quote
RIP Ryan.

Too young. I will stay away from those ocean rip currents and stuff. Most powerful thing on the planet besides God is water.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 08:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: RIP Ryan.

Too young. I will stay away from those ocean rip currents and stuff. Most powerful thing on the planet besides God is water.

I got caught in a current on Lake Michigan when I was a kid. After storms go through overnight, the waves are big and fun, good for body surfing. I was doing that, and got caught under the wave. Fortunately it carried me into shore. It was scary, but I didn’t panic, and kept my breath.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 12:27 PM)SladeX Wrote: I got caught in a current on Lake Michigan when I was a kid. After storms go through overnight, the waves are big and fun, good for body surfing. I was doing that, and got caught under the wave. Fortunately it carried me into shore. It was scary, but I didn’t panic, and kept my breath.

Always roll with it man. Cannot fight it. 
Reply/Quote