Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Baltimore Mayor on charges.
Let me just say that I don't expect this story to get taken very seriously, because of "source shaming". But, sometimes the MSM just won't publicize stories of real importance.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/former-baltimore-mayor-federally-indicted-in-wake-of-corruption-probe?fbclid=IwAR37Cv_m--WBvHtjZcHcMw5hmJCzaCym6p8jjxxS4hj3Y2h2ZsYKd-_9-tY

Quote:Former Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh has been indicted on a number of federal charges, including fraud, conspiracy, and tax evasion.

Pugh, a 69-year-old Democrat, resigned earlier this year after an alleged scheme involving sales of her self-published children’s book series, Healthy Holly, came to light. In a grand jury indictment unsealed Wednesday, prosecutors say that Pugh defrauded Baltimore businesses and nonprofits with about $800,000 in sales of her books, according to the Baltimore Sun.

In April, FBI and IRS officials raided Baltimore City Hall and her house as part of their criminal investigation. She was reportedly paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for copies of the books from the University of Maryland Medical Center in a no-bid deal, all while serving on UMMC’s board. She resigned from the board after the news came to light.

Prosecutors also said she evaded taxes. In 2016, while she was running for mayor, she told the IRS she brought in just $31,000 when her income was actually closer to $322,000.

Pugh is slated to appear in court Thursday. If convicted, the 11 charges against her carry maximum sentences of a combined 175 years in prison. The federal government is also looking to seize her home and $769,688 in profits.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Another democrat leader (Mayor) was arrested this week in Muncie, IN. Yep!  Cool
(11-20-2019, 09:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Another democrat leader (Mayor) was arrested this week in Muncie, IN. Yep!  Cool

Why do all them city folk like electing people that are ripping them off??

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2019/11/18/mayor-dennis-tyler-arrested-taken-into-fbi-custody/4228225002/

Quote:Muncie Mayor Dennis Tyler was arrested by federal agents at his home Monday morning amid a yearslong federal investigation of corruption. 

Tyler is charged with theft of government funds, according to a federal criminal indictment that was unsealed Monday. He is accused of accepting a $5,000 cash payment after allegedly steering "lucrative" excavation work to a local contractor. 
According to the indictment, Tyler allegedly accepted the payment from Tracy Barton, the city's superintendent of sewer maintenance and engineering for the Muncie Sanitary District. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-20-2019, 09:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why do all them city folk like electing people that are ripping them off??

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2019/11/18/mayor-dennis-tyler-arrested-taken-into-fbi-custody/4228225002/

[Image: take-my-money.jpg]
(11-20-2019, 09:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:  But, sometimes the MSM just won't publicize stories of real importance.

The Wall Street Journal, WaPo, Baltimore Sun, USA Today, CNN, NBC, FOX, ABC, and CBS all reported this hours before you made this thread...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-20-2019, 09:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Let me just say that I don't expect this story to get taken very seriously, because of "source shaming".  But, sometimes the MSM just won't publicize stories of real importance.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/former-baltimore-mayor-federally-indicted-in-wake-of-corruption-probe?fbclid=IwAR37Cv_m--WBvHtjZcHcMw5hmJCzaCym6p8jjxxS4hj3Y2h2ZsYKd-_9-tY

My phone notified me of this yesterday. Wouldn't say it's not being covered by the MSM.
(11-21-2019, 12:20 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The Wall Street Journal, WaPo, Baltimore Sun, USA Today, CNN, NBC, FOX, ABC, and CBS all reported this hours before you made this thread...

I am always happy to see that old chestnut brought back up.

Rush Limbaugh REALLY started it back in the day: "I'LL tell you what the MSM won't!"  Even though everyone was covering whatever the story was.  When FOX stopped pretending they weren't a mouthpiece for the Republican party they picked that up and really ran with it.

In today's age it's just easier to put that silly notion to rest.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-21-2019, 10:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: I am always happy to see that old chestnut brought back up.

Rush Limbaugh REALLY started it back in the day: "I'LL tell you what the MSM won't!"  Even though everyone was covering whatever the story was.  When FOX stopped pretending they weren't a mouthpiece for the Republican party they picked that up and really ran with it.

In today's age it's just easier to put that silly notion to rest.

It's similar to Christians claiming persecution. 

Or saying that a senior WH advisor is only being criticized for pushing white supremacist ideology because he is Jewish.

You need to be the underdog being put down by the powerful. You're the David versus Goliath. You're exposing the truth that the MSM wants to hide! 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-20-2019, 09:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why do all them city folk like electing people that are ripping them off??

How dare you insult city folk!  Don't you have some turnips to look after?  Y'all best turn off this fancy magic computer tv typewriter box 'n' go slop the hogs!

On a more serious note, politicians and just plain anyone who will take advantage of someone usually get their trust by convincing people that everyone/anyone else is really what is after them. Pretty simple, really. You can trust me on that one, but you know darn well you can't trust those Sweedish acrobats.
(11-21-2019, 01:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How dare you insult city folk!  Don't you have some turnips to look after?  Y'all best turn off this fancy magic computer tv typewriter box 'n' go slop the hogs!

On a more serious note, politicians and just plain anyone who will take advantage of someone usually get their trust by convincing people that everyone/anyone else is really what is after them.  Pretty simple, really.  You can trust me on that one, but you know darn well you can't trust those Sweedish acrobats.

I see what you did, there.   Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I didn't know the right cared about fraud, tax evasion, and conspiracy. Damn there may be hope for them after all.