Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengal Arrested
I remember having high hopes when we drafted this dude:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-bengals-draft-pick-arrested-after-pulling-gun-on-off-duty-officers/ar-AAZHh16

Quote:Former NFL tight end Orson Charles was arrested and charged after pulling a gun on two off-duty police officers in Ybor City, Florida on Saturday night according to police reports.

The dispute was over a parking spot according to WTSP in Tampa Bay.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
lol there's a name drop...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I was on the bandwagon. I thought he’d be our Gronk.

Dude had good athletics but not good feet, hands werent elite, could not block at all which is BAD if you wanna be a starting TE and didn’t have the work ethic to make up his deficiencies.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Had high hopes for him when drafted as well.

Was he the one that had gun getting on plane incident while a player ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Pro tip (Life) dont pull a gun for parking spots
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 12:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Had high hopes for him when drafted as well.

I know Andre Smith did; not sure about Orson. 

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 12:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Had high hopes for him when drafted as well.

Not a plane but a previous gun in car incident

https://www.tmz.com/2014/04/16/orson-charles-loaded-gun-road-rage-police-middle-finger/?scrlybrkr=20a9ff1c
Reply/Quote
This dude pulled a gun on two cops in Florida and lived to tell about it.

Sounds like he's already achieved more off the field than he ever did playing.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 01:04 PM)basballguy Wrote: This dude pulled a gun on two cops in Florida and lived to tell about it.  

Sounds like he's already achieved more off the field than he ever did playing.

Especially in Tampa. 
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 12:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Pro tip (Life) dont pull a gun for parking spots

This lol

Not smart Orson.

I liked this guy, just never panned out for a variety of reasons, was a little short for a TE and slow.

Was strong and had good hands but for some reason couldn't block worth a damn.
Reply/Quote
Seems like he has some road rage issues. You see a lot of it now.
Reply/Quote
Two TEs before Tyler Eifert I remember being excited about when they were drafted but did nothing in the NFL:
Chase Coffman
Orson Charles
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 02:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Two TEs before Tyler Eifert I remember being excited about when they were drafted but did nothing in the NFL:
Chase Coffman
Orson Charles

In the EXTREMELY-limited PT that Coffman got, he performed well.

In approx. 250 snaps, he did:

33 18 177 9.8 2 12

As a 3rd TE/season call-up, that really isn't bad: I think if Moss or Wilcox (or even Sample) did that last year, we'd be satisfied.

I don't know if it's because he couldn't grasp playbooks or if his blocking was truly THAT bad to negate anything else, but he was absolutely a talented pass catcher and a half.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 03:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: In the EXTREMELY-limited PT that Coffman got, he performed well.

In approx. 250 snaps, he did:

33 18 177 9.8 2 12

As a 3rd TE/season call-up, that really isn't bad: I think if Moss or Wilcox (or even Sample) did that last year, we'd be satisfied.

I don't know if it's because he couldn't grasp playbooks or if his blocking was truly THAT bad to negate anything else, but he was absolutely a talented pass catcher and a half.

Coffman was probably ahead of his time.
Guy had only 177 receiving yards in 7 years in the NFL.
But he put up 2659 yards and 30 TDs across 4 seasons at Mizzou.
Dude was 100% a big WR who had the TE label.
Teams definitely at the time kept him on the bench because of his (lack of) blocking ability.
I think in today's NFL, teams would definitely be more creative in getting him on the field to utilize his pass catching ability and worry less about his blocking.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 12:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know Andre Smith did; not sure about Orson. 

You're right, it was Andre

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 02:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Two TEs before Tyler Eifert I remember being excited about when they were drafted but did nothing in the NFL:
Chase Coffman
Orson Charles

The thing I remember most about Coffman's time as a Bengal is that his fiance's father (or someone claiming to be) joined the board. MUTiger?

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 03:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Coffman was probably ahead of his time.

Antonio Gates was drafted 6 years before, Calvin Johnson was drafted 2 years before, and Jimmy Graham was drafted 1 year later than Coffman. His career lasted until 2016. He was in a perfect time.

My main memory of Coffman is during Hard Knocks he just didn't seem very bright. You don't have to be book brilliant in the NFL, but you can't be a box of rocks. I also remember a couple people freaking out heading into 2012 that he was going to become a superstar for Atlanta and the Bengals would miss out.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 07:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Antonio Gates was drafted 6 years before, Calvin Johnson was drafted 2 years before, and Jimmy Graham was drafted 1 year later than Coffman. His career lasted until 2016. He was in a perfect time.

My main memory of Coffman is during Hard Knocks he just didn't seem very bright. You don't have to be book brilliant in the NFL, but you can't be a box of rocks. I also remember a couple people freaking out heading into 2012 that he was going to become a superstar for Atlanta and the Bengals would miss out.

If you took a shot every time Jonathan Hayes called out “Chase” in frustration you’d be dead lol.

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 02:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Seems like he has some road rage issues. You see a lot of it now.

I Check my ego at the door when I drive now days.... heard a story the other day where a woman honked at someone that had their brights on.

The guy shot the woman in the face.. luckily she lived.  She said it wasn't malicious just a heads up honk.

Anyways just too risky for me. I just curse in my vehicle and shake my head.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 08:44 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I Check my ego at the door when I drive now days.... heard a story the other day where a woman honked at someone that had their brights on.

The guy shot the woman in the face.. luckily she lived.  She said it wasn't malicious just a heads up honk.

Anyways just too risky for me. I just curse in my vehicle and shake my head.

Same here. I used to be a bit of a hothead, but it’s just not worth it. I watch a channel on YouTube called Active Self Protection, and the amount of videos I’ve seen of people shooting and killing each other over road rage, or neighbor disputes, etc is just insane. A few of the clips will haunt me forever.

Reply/Quote