Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengal Burfict calls the NFL rigged
(01-09-2020, 12:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've made my position very clear in these discussions. I don't think the NFL can fully  rig games, do to things like Jeremy Hill, but I believe that a few calls here and there by the refs at the right times can help steer games in the direction the league wants them to go. Can you explain why no flag on Jerry Porter?

And it not about market size, it's about fanbase size. Pissburgh is not necessarily that big, but they make money off of every cousin marrying loser who's self worth is determined by being a Stiller fan.

I've had that stance for years. Refs do "manage the game". 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 06:42 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: The Patriots and Falcons super bowl seemed completely scripted. Then, last year's super bowl with the Rams kind of did, too. 

I can't think of two games that are more completely opposite of each other.  So how could they BOTH seem scripted?

What happened that seemed scripted to you?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 12:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've made my position very clear in these discussions. I don't think the NFL can fully  rig games, do to things like Jeremy Hill, but I believe that a few calls here and there by the refs at the right times can help steer games in the direction the league wants them to go. Can you explain why no flag on Jerry Porter?

And it not about market size, it's about fanbase size. Pissburgh is not necessarily that big, but they make money off of every cousin marrying loser who's self worth is determined by being a Stiller fan.

It is crazy how many of those sad sad people actually exist in the world.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 05:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't think of two games that are more completely opposite of each other.  So how could they BOTH seem scripted?

What happened that seemed scripted to you?

Well, the Falcons head coach and assistants just kind of watched stoically while Tom Brady first caught the Patriots up (by hitting a bunch of too-open receivers), and then when overtime happened it seemed like they laid down, like they might as well have sent high schoolers out there. And nobody on the Falcons seemed miffed at blowing the lead at the end of the game when everybody dispersed. Last year for the Rams super bowl against the Patriots my theory is that someone paid them to not bring their A game to let Tommy get another trophy and they took it to heart and didn't do anything. It's also possibly why they had that blatant non-PI call for the Saints because they weren't sure the Saints would take a payoff or lose to Tommy in a legit game.
Reply/Quote
The NFL is not a sport it's entertainment. It is rigged.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote