Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengal Burfict calls the NFL rigged
(11-23-2019, 10:35 AM)jason Wrote: Yep... I had a Ken Anderson AND a Danny White jersey shortly after that.

I had a Kenny jersey as well back in the day. I wore it until it was thread bare. I had it for several years after I quit wearing it. Sadly somewhere along the way it got lost though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 09:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: When I was a kid say 1977/78. You could walk into a Sears store anywhere around, southern Ohio for me. And you'd see Bengals and Browns sheets, blankets, curtains, sleeping bags, socks, lunch boxes and so on. And right beside them you'd see Steelers, Packers, and Cowboys and that's all. Had to order the rest.

Why those 3 teams ? Yes Steelers were somewhat close but that wasn't the reason.

It's still that way. I live in Michigan. Along with Lions gear, you will always see Packers, Steelers, Cowboys and Patriots. I think it's because dynasties always lead to picking up bandwagon fans. Kinda like how there were Bulls fans everywhere in the 90s.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
That tripping call against the Cowboys just now was obvious cheating.  They cheated Webb so that the Steelers could win a non-factor game earlier.  He has a point.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think it’s rigged from the top but there is something odd and maybe it’s just incompetence. The PI call yesterday. Where did that come from? I think it’s just plain incompetence. I get missing calls. I don’t get making them up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 10:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t think it’s rigged from the top but there is something odd and maybe it’s just incompetence. The PI call yesterday. Where did that come from?  I think it’s just plain incompetence. I get missing calls.  I don’t get making them up.

Yeah, the phantom call has been around as long as the missed call.  At times though, it does seem as though they might not be as simple as just "human error".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I want Vontaze Burfict back in Cincinnati as a linebacker coach. He was taught by the best: Mike Zimmer.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 07:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And the fact that they're risking tearing down a billion dollar industry ! I highly doubt there's any top level conspiracy. To hard to keep everybody quiet.

lol no it isnt. its a billion dollar business with 1000 lawyers and the media under their thumb.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 07:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The NFL is not rigged.

You could quickly find a thousand fans who all agree the NFL is 100% rigged, but when you started asking for plays that prove it they would all disagree.  Seems the NFL is fixed AGAINST EVERY TEAM.

I have seen a couple of calls over the years that appear to be fixed (Saints/Rams PI non-call) but they are pretty rare.

I would be more likely to believe that an individual ref was fixing games for himself than the league actually fixing games.  I just don't think any of those billionaire owners would put up with games being fixed for them to lose.  Their egos are too big.

the nfl is absolutely an entertainment business. It is not in any way shape or form, a competition.
 if the sport were real Lamar and Brady would be on their backs in pain right now. Its so stupid to believe Brady hasnt been blind sided multiple times the last 10 years.
Saints vs Rams and Vikings in playoffs , the last 2 years = nothing but absolutely staged.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10809393]
Reply/Quote
I don't know, that Bills Texans game I just watched seemed pretty staged to me.

The 1st half the Bills could do no wrong. Went in at halftime up 13-0. Texans had 46 yds of offense.

2nd half the Bills couldn't get out of they're own way and now Texans can't be stopped and reel off 19 unanswered points.

Seems kinda fishy to me. The NFL may not be rigged, but some Vegas friendly referees seem to determine a lot of outcomes...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote

You could quickly find a thousand fans who all agree the NFL is 100% rigged, but when you started asking for plays that prove it they would all disagree.  Seems the NFL is fixed AGAINST EVERY TEAM.

When someone can 'splain to me adequately how a player in a defensive huddle gets flagged for going after an opposing teams assistant linebacker coach who has trespassed into their huddle, and the trespassing coach is not flagged, then maybe I will consider that the league does not determine who is going to win certain games. I don't think they are all rigged, but there is certainly bias to get certain teams into the playoffs every year. Follow the money.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 06:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: When someone can 'splain to me adequately how a player in a defensive huddle gets flagged for going after an opposing teams assistant linebacker coach who has trespassed into their huddle, and the trespassing coach is not flagged, then maybe I will consider that the league does not determine who is going to win certain games.

Only way that game could have been rigged is if Jeremy Hill was in on it.

Is that honestly what you believe happened?

(01-05-2020, 06:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote:  Follow the money.

If you "follow the money" it will prove that the NFL is NOT rigged because the teams in the biggest media markets suck.
Reply/Quote
The Patriots and Falcons super bowl seemed completely scripted. Then, last year's super bowl with the Rams kind of did, too. Was last night for the Patriots scripted? I don't know but I love that the Patriots are out of the playoffs already.
Reply/Quote
Brady and Brees out of the playoffs in the first round.

Yeah, it's scripted. Rolleyes

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Any playoffs without the Patriots and Steelers is wonderful.
#1 Bengals win in the playoffs
#2 No Steelers in the playoffs
#3 No Patriots in the playoffs

Guess I had to have the exact opposite of #1 in order to get #2 and #3.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 06:42 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: The Patriots and Falcons super bowl seemed completely scripted. Then, last year's super bowl with the Rams kind of did, too. Was last night for the Patriots scripted? I don't know but I love that the Patriots are out of the playoffs already.

The most boring Super Bowl in modern history was scripted? The NFL clearly needs better writers if so.

Reply/Quote

I have seen a couple of calls over the years that appear to be fixed (Saints/Rams PI non-call) but they are pretty rare.

I would be more likely to believe that an individual ref was fixing games for himself than the league actually fixing games.  I just don't think any of those billionaire owners would put up with games being fixed for them to lose.  Their egos are too big.

When plays are called differently by the refs because of who the player or team is , it is rigged. Do you think Clowney's hit on Wentz would have been called incidental contact if it was Brady or say Rogers? Watch the video and imagine Burfict in Clowney's position. He would have been not only penalized but ejected and suspended.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2019, 01:08 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I want Vontaze Burfict back in Cincinnati as a linebacker coach.  He was taught by the best:  Mike Zimmer.

Yeah he could teach what not to do .
Reply/Quote
When big money is involved there will be fixed games. The NBA was fixing games by ref Donaghy for 11 yrs. You think the refs in the NFL don't have the same weaknesses? When you think of the money involved you have to be pretty naïve to think that every game is on the up and up.
Reply/Quote
No flag on the Clowney hit
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 06:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only way that game could have been rigged is if Jeremy Hill was in on it.

Is that honestly what you believe happened?

If you "follow the money" it will prove that the NFL is NOT rigged because the teams in the biggest media markets suck.

I've made my position very clear in these discussions. I don't think the NFL can fully  rig games, do to things like Jeremy Hill, but I believe that a few calls here and there by the refs at the right times can help steer games in the direction the league wants them to go. Can you explain why no flag on Jerry Porter?

And it not about market size, it's about fanbase size. Pissburgh is not necessarily that big, but they make money off of every cousin marrying loser who's self worth is determined by being a Stiller fan.
Reply/Quote