Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengal Terrell Roberts murdered
The former Bengal DB was murdered by an intruder while in his grandmother's backyard. Undrafted out of Oregon State, Terrell played for the team in 2003 and 2004.

He was 38.

May he rest in peace
https://nypost.com/2019/09/12/terrell-roberts-ex-nfl-player-shot-dead-in-grandmothers-backyard/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2019, 12:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burglars hate to enter an occupied home.  Almost every time you hear about an occupied home burglary it is either some "personal business" or a person being robbed for drugs or large amounts of cash (usually proceeds from illegal activity).

Roberts did not live there so he may not have had anything to do with it, but I pretty much guarantee it was not just a regular burglary gone bad.

What???

Or maybe the burglar thought the house was empty?
Or maybe the burglar was totally f***** up on drugs and had no idea what was going on?
Or maybe the burglar went to the wrong house?

Your guarantee is ridiculous and in poor taste in terms of what you are insinuating.
Reply/Quote
Such a shame. Rest easy Terrell
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely nothing against Roberts, but a slightly more interesting story from the Mercury News (the same news org that reported on Roberts) https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/09/12/he-was-in-the-shower-when-a-bulldozer-started-demolishing-his-home/  A bulldozer operator started yanking apart the wrong house then tried to blame it on a tree falling on the house while sitting IN the bulldozer.. 

Rest well Mr Roberts. Crazy news going on around you as well.. Roberts thinking, "Yeah, this happens every day..No biggie.."
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2019, 01:43 PM)grampahol Wrote: Absolutely nothing against Roberts, but a slightly more interesting story from the Mercury News (the same news org that reported on Roberts) https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/09/12/he-was-in-the-shower-when-a-bulldozer-started-demolishing-his-home/  A bulldozer operator started yanking apart the wrong house then tried to blame it on a tree falling on the house while sitting IN the bulldozer.. 

Rest well Mr Roberts. Crazy news going on around you as well.. Roberts thinking, "Yeah, this happens every day..No biggie.."

[Image: Kevin-Hart-645x369.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2019, 12:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burglars hate to enter an occupied home.  Almost every time you hear about an occupied home burglary it is either some "personal business" or a person being robbed for drugs or large amounts of cash (usually proceeds from illegal activity).

Roberts did not live there so he may not have had anything to do with it, but I pretty much guarantee it was not just a regular burglary gone bad.

The article doesn't say anything about a burglar or an attempted burglary.  
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 09:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: "Terrell Roberts, who appeared in 23 games for the Bengals in 2003-04, was gunned down late Wednesday at a residence in Richmond, where an intruder entered the home."

You dont anything other than the guy was killed by an intruder who wasn't supposed to be there.

I think the old saying "assumption is the mother of all messups" applies here.
Reply/Quote
story is all kinds of weird.

Shoot in his grandma's Backyard when intruder entered the home

Shooting stems from argument with suspect In garage
Reply/Quote