Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengals DE Jonathan Fanene charged with eight felonies, five misdemeanors
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-bengals-de-jonathan-fanene-charged-with-eight-felonies-five-misdemeanors/ar-AACxzgx?ocid=spartanntp
Reply/Quote
Holy crap... what the hell did he do?

"Kidnapping and Assault," yeah, but to whom? Was he running an illict business or something?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 12:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Holy crap... what the hell did he do?

He went to town with a pipe and broom stick and then an extenstion cord.
on his significant other and his sister .

After being accused of an affair.

PFT had a better article on it

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/07/former-bengals-de-charged-with-assaulting-wife-and-sister/
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 12:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He went to town with a pipe and broom stick and then an extenstion cord.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/07/former-bengals-de-charged-with-assaulting-wife-and-sister/

Better article:

https://nypost.com/2019/06/07/ex-nfler-jonathan-fanene-used-golf-club-to-attack-wife-sister-in-front-of-son-police/
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty crazy story.

I forgot he was a 7th Round pick. He had a pretty decent career as a role player.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 12:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He went to town with a pipe and broom stick and then an extenstion cord.

'He has been serving as director of the American Samoa Department of Youth and Women’s Affairs since 2014, but has lost his job.'

He should have just been like...'Sorry...it's in my job title!'
Reply/Quote
Jeez... what a scumbag
Reply/Quote
The saddest part is he'll likely get off easy being a former NFL player AS IF being a former NFL player should absolve them of brutal crimes.
I always liked Fanane, but I've definitely changed my position about him.. I hope he spends a long time locked up to think about this..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Didn't he go play for someone else after leaving us? Why couldn't they have just said "a former NFL Player"? Make us look bad..
Reply/Quote
Dang, why couldn't he have just bought a sports car and got a side chick, like most guys do when the midlife crisis comes?? Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 01:49 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Didn't he go play for someone else after leaving us? Why couldn't they have just said "a former NFL Player"?  Make us look bad..

The Bengals have always been the easy target for criminality accusations even if it's somewhat unwarranted.. Fans of other teams always like to pretend the Bengals are the only team to have ever had anyone be arrested for anything.. I suspect that had even only played one snap with the team it would have still been the headline..Former Bengal the biggest crime of the last 50 years.....! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 01:49 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Didn't he go play for someone else after leaving us? Why couldn't they have just said "a former NFL Player"?  Make us look bad..

He signed with the Pats as a free agent but was released a couple of months later with the explaination "failure to disclose physical condition"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

He went to the Patriots but was waived during training camp. I thought the same thing initially.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 01:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dang, why couldn't he have just bought a sports car and got a side chick, like most guys do when the midlife crisis comes??  Ninja

he got the side chick....that's what started the fight with the wife in the first place.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 01:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dang, why couldn't he have just bought a sports car and got a side chick, like most guys do when the midlife crisis comes??  Ninja

(06-07-2019, 03:06 PM)pally Wrote: he got the side chick....that's what started the fight with the wife in the first place.

He already had a pipe, broom stick and an extension cord, so he had the beginnings to start MacGyvering himself up an electric sports car.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 03:36 PM)depthchart Wrote: He already had a pipe, broom stick and an extension cord, so he had the beginnings to start MacGyvering himself up an electric sports car.  Tongue

That’s what the wife and I call Friday night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
When the press asked Marvin Lewis, Fanene's former head coach about the incident he replied:
"We've got to get better'
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 01:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: The saddest part is he'll likely get off easy being a former NFL player AS IF being a former NFL player should absolve them of brutal crimes.
I always liked Fanane, but I've definitely changed my position about him.. I hope he spends a long time locked up to think about this..

I actually know a guy that was convicted on similar charges... Obviously he isn't a former NFL player, nor is he wealthy. He did 9 months in prison.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 12:52 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Better article:

https://nypost.com/2019/06/07/ex-nfler-jonathan-fanene-used-golf-club-to-attack-wife-sister-in-front-of-son-police/

And I'm sure he's being referred to as former Bengal, even though he played for more than one team after he left here.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The saddest part is he made his young son an accessory. The wife sounds like a scrapper; got the club and pipe away from his punk ass.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote